watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Welcome Rui Fonte

Started by rweller86, August 17, 2017, 05:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Seems a nice bloke and speaks good English.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Jonaldiniho 88

Enjoyed that interview. Seems very honest. Not just giving cliche answers. From his clips on YouTube he does seem to be great in the box positioning wise. Something we have really missed.

AlexW132

Quote from: Holders on August 18, 2017, 08:28:48 PM
Did I detect a hint of London accent in it?

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on August 18, 2017, 09:23:52 PM
Enjoyed that interview. Seems very honest. Not just giving cliche answers. From his clips on YouTube he does seem to be great in the box positioning wise. Something we have really missed.

I really do hope the team selection plays to that strength. We have plenty of players who can get the ball to the box but too many players like Aluko who lose their head when they get in it. Later on Piazon and this new fella could be interesting to watch.

SP

Couldn't resist digging this post out to see the reaction when we signed him. We certainly had high hopes for Rui, still plenty of time for him to fulfill his potential. And no Fulham Stu, he can't take a pen...

HatterDon

Interesting reading. We all love strikers we've never seen play. It was good to see so much positivity about a transfer, though.

As for still time to come good, that's a good thought, but it seems to me that his major problem with us is an inability to deal with the physicality of the Championship. That's not likely to fix itself.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JoelH5

Quote from: Andy S on August 17, 2017, 06:02:45 PM
Great signing we can do the job now barring more injuries

And with this post Andy, I blame this seasons misfortunes entirely on you ;)
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Lighthouse

There is always optimism when we buy a player especially since we waited to buy a forward for so long. The fact that he isn't so much a forward but what they call a number 10, playing deeper and not doing much at all. We are all disappointed now. But we must be enthusiastic every time something new happens. Otherwise everybody will be fed up and moody all the time. Then everybody will be too much like me.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: JoelH5 on December 05, 2017, 10:49:12 PM
Quote from: Andy S on August 17, 2017, 06:02:45 PM
Great signing we can do the job now barring more injuries

And with this post Andy, I blame this seasons misfortunes entirely on you ;)

He should be sued, I am fuming.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Hes not ready for the rough and tumble of the championship for sure,he needs to get in the gymm and make his frame more solid for next season.

Twig

Quote from: hovewhite on December 06, 2017, 09:52:48 AM
Hes not ready for the rough and tumble of the championship for sure,he needs to get in the gymm and make his frame more solid for next season.

Next season?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: hovewhite on December 06, 2017, 09:52:48 AM

er next season did you say, don't worry me.

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 05, 2017, 11:35:21 PM
There is always optimism when we buy a player especially since we waited to buy a forward for so long. The fact that he isn't so much a forward but what they call a number 10, playing deeper and not doing much at all. We are all disappointed now. But we must be enthusiastic every time something new happens. Otherwise everybody will be fed up and moody all the time. Then everybody will be too much like me.
A little harsh on the self criticism IMHO, Lighthouse. but only a little.....  It's pretty normal these days to be fed up and moody about Fulham.  Just as long as we all cheer up a bit when we get promotion in May we'll be fine.  We've all been here many times before.

If we want to see Fonte's potential then I fear we have to wait for the whole team to select a forward gear.  Reverse is now getting bothersome. 

davew

Quote from: Holders on August 18, 2017, 08:28:48 PM
Indeed, perhaps that is why the transfer fee was so high, can't see any other reason!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Quote from: SP on December 05, 2017, 06:47:15 PM
Couldn't resist digging this post out to see the reaction when we signed him. We certainly had high hopes for Rui, still plenty of time for him to fulfill his potential. And no Fulham Stu, he can't take a pen...
Just when I was thinking I don't want to criticise Fonte anymore and you bring up this thread again (lol).
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

alfie

Quote from: davew on December 06, 2017, 03:18:01 PM
Quote from: SP on December 05, 2017, 06:47:15 PM
Just when I was thinking I don't want to criticise Fonte anymore and you bring up this thread again (lol).
Don't then, you don't have to criticise Fonte, criticise the bloke that keeps selecting him.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

filham

Quote from: HatterDon on December 05, 2017, 10:31:50 PM
Interesting reading. We all love strikers we've never seen play. It was good to see so much positivity about a transfer, though.

As for still time to come good, that's a good thought, but it seems to me that his major problem with us is an inability to deal with the physicality of the Championship. That's not likely to fix itself.

Surely an inability to deal with the physicality of the Championship should have been identified before we put the first of the 9 million notes on the table.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on December 06, 2017, 06:11:02 PM

Surely an inability to deal with the physicality of the Championship should have been identified before we put the first of the 9 million notes on the table.

Precisely, I cannot understand the clubs lack of proper clear and concise research, and this is not the first time.

Never forget your Roots.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: filham on December 06, 2017, 06:11:02 PM

Exactly right.
At the time of his signing I was dubious just given his height and weight, he was no way cut out to play central striker and wear the number 9 shirt, nor was his scoring stats particularly impressive.
At the time it was announced that T khan would be D.O.F. I feared the worse as as I have stated many times, he and Kline are and were totally unqualified to be given their roles.
IF he is an honourable man Tony Khant should fall on his sword and relinquish the role.