watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How did Button play

Started by The Swan, December 02, 2017, 06:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Although we conceded three goals how did Button play against his former club.

The Swan

One Martin Thomas

I thought their first goal was poor keeping.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on December 02, 2017, 06:49:18 PM

I thought it more to do with Kalas and co just letting him waltz past them and shoot.

Matt10

Those who were behind the goal, could you see if the shot was deflected? Strange way the ball just trickled underneath Button.

Woolly Mammoth

Whoever is to blame, whether it's one defender or a combination of defenders, it shows how physically weak and fragile and soft our defence is.
But we all knew that anyway, except the recruitment team.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

YankeeJim

Button was just plain bad. I think he should have stopped the second goal and he booted at least 5 balls out of play. Maybe that is why Slava insists on playing from the back, Button is useless when it comes to his feet.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ffcthereligion

Why should this question be getting asked every week? This clown should not be in the side! Yes there was a deflection but got to be saving that. Isn't he supposed to be 'a good shot stopper'? The support of him baffles me, useless.

MrD1879

Quote from: Matt10 on December 02, 2017, 07:09:43 PM
Those who were behind the goal, could you see if the shot was deflected? Strange way the ball just trickled underneath Button.

It was deflected but it went underneath him no excuse for me. Granted he shouldn't have been allowed to waltz in but not good enough

southwest6

he was awful... frustrated the **** out of me. all his passes were horribly misplaced and should've saved the first goal imo. I was at the game and haven't seen replays yet so perhaps i'm being a little harsh. We were pretty poor on the whole. Thought sessegnon and Kmac were our best players; ojo should've been taken off and i personally would've thrown kamara on. Shite day

Luka

He was shocking ....... again !!
I don't care if it's Slav telling him what to do, bottom line is he just isn't good enough to execute what the manager wants.

Fulham1959

According to FFC website, for the first goal, "shot looked tame, but it took a massive deflection on the way in which left David Button wrong-footed".

Impossible to tell from the standard camera view, e.g. SKY TV.  So I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Fulham1959 on December 02, 2017, 09:17:57 PM
According to FFC website, for the first goal, "shot looked tame, but it took a massive deflection on the way in which left David Button wrong-footed".

Impossible to tell from the standard camera view, e.g. SKY TV.  So I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

This is pretty funny, since it was hard to see any deflection and the tame shot dribbled right under his body.

Between that and his erratic kicking, he was once again poor. His gaffe let them back into a match we were firmly in control of for the first 30 mins.

Robbie

Worst keeper in the league. The Bees' keeper performed very well. 

ffc73

Their first goal. Yes it took a deflection but minor & nothing like Sheffield's third against us that totally went from right to left.

From where I was standing the Brentford first went straight through Button.  In pundit speak. "Button will be disappointed with that". In plain English a goalkeeper should be saving those.

Derby. Poor distribution leads to goal
Sheffield. First he spilled, second beat on near post, 4th nowhere near the cross
Brentford. First straight through him

Yes. Defend as a team but outfield players seem to be dropped for inadequate performances more than goal keepers

David I

IMO - been saying for two seasons: Neither Button nor Betinelli are NOT up to this league. And most definitely not Prem should we ever get back there.

Smithies from QPR would be a good replacement. And we're we not linked with Hennessy last year? That could have worked outto be a good signing.

..FOF..

Quote from: David I on December 03, 2017, 09:48:21 AM
IMO - been saying for two seasons: Neither Button nor Betinelli are NOT up to this league. And most definitely not Prem should we ever get back there.

Smithies from QPR would be a good replacement. And we're we not linked with Hennessy last year? That could have worked outto be a good signing.

Hi there.... we think alike, I don't think we have met before, though... hehe

My argument is usually both Button and Betts compliment each other too much.

We need a pedigree of a keeper to say without a doubt that he is the number 1.

One Martin Thomas

With Betts and Burton we almost have the same situation as Steks and Stockdale i.e. heart will say Betts or Stockdale. Head will say all four are average at best.

Our good run last year had Betts in goal. I think it's time to change keeper and sell Button on.

filham

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 02, 2017, 06:53:58 PM
Quote from: One Martin Thomas on December 02, 2017, 06:49:18 PM

I thought it more to do with Kalas and co just letting him waltz past them and shoot.

Terrible defending, there was no sign of a tackle , the player had lots of time to line up hisshot.

Twig

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on December 03, 2017, 11:28:25 AM
With Betts and Burton we almost have the same situation as Steks and Stockdale i.e. heart will say Betts or Stockdale. Head will say all four are average at best.

Our good run last year had Betts in goal. I think it's time to change keeper and sell Button on.

Tend to agree.  Not saying Button is awful or that Betts is special but for me he edges it and should be given a run. We need every small improvement possible right now and it would make sense to give Betts a few matches.

Chutney

he was truly awful, he needs to be dropped, no team can compete with a GK that lets in simple shots.
C O Y W