News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So how long has Slavisa realistically got?

Started by Wearethewhites, December 02, 2017, 07:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VicHalomsLovechild

I try not to be surprised by some of the posts here. "We need to learn to win ugly" but when we do, we complain about how awful we've played. Joka's tunnel vision regards certain players and game plans. Have we already forgotten how Roy stuck to his guns regarding certain players and his game plans? The stay-away Chairman whose son is on the Board. Mo spent a fair amount of time abroad and his son was on the Board.
   I appreciate that the above are the "go to" topics dependant on results. As much as Joka frustrates me, he is the best manager we've had since Roy. He doesn't have the cache of the premiership to attract players that Roy did. He hasn't had the vast experience Roy came here with but I think he'll probably end his career as successfully as Roy's (when it ends). I'd happily accept ugly wins against Sunderland and Barnsley. Ok it's not the way most want to win games but it's a confidence builder amongst the players and is a worry to any opposition team.

Matt10

I understand expectations, etc, but not sure why there would be such gloom in the club. I personally feel good about where we can go and what can be achieved. While incremental, there have been some positive changes. You can tell the players are dedicated to the cause and if the likes of Tom Cairney wants to stay with the club for a long time, that has to say something to not just the fans - but also potential January targets.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: Matt10 on December 12, 2017, 01:39:05 PM
I understand expectations, etc, but not sure why there would be such gloom in the club. I personally feel good about where we can go and what can be achieved. While incremental, there have been some positive changes. You can tell the players are dedicated to the cause and if the likes of Tom Cairney wants to stay with the club for a long time, that has to say something to not just the fans - but also potential January targets.

I applaud your optimism but I fear we may lose several key players in the summer unless we're promoted (and I honestly can't see that happening now). We will probably lose Sess. I can't see Cairney staying much longer either. There's also the dwindling parachute payments that may force us to sell. Plus all the problems behind the scenes with an absent owner and a son who doesn't seem to have a clue about running a football club.

At least we got rid of Kline. Whether this will improve our transfer activities remains to be seen. It can't get much worse than the last two disastrous transfer windows so should at least be plenty of room for improvement (probably on a lower budget though). There's also the question of spending large money in January if we're not likely to make the playoffs.

Personally I'm preparing mentally for several years in the Championship. It's not the end of the world. In many ways I enjoy the Championship more than Premier League but let's face it, we had our golden opportunity last season and blew it.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on December 12, 2017, 12:48:26 PM
   I try not to be surprised by some of the posts here. "We need to learn to win ugly" but when we do, we complain about how awful we've played. Joka's tunnel vision regards certain players and game plans. Have we already forgotten how Roy stuck to his guns regarding certain players and his game plans? The stay-away Chairman whose son is on the Board. Mo spent a fair amount of time abroad and his son was on the Board.
   I appreciate that the above are the "go to" topics dependant on results. As much as Joka frustrates me, he is the best manager we've had since Roy. He doesn't have the cache of the premiership to attract players that Roy did. He hasn't had the vast experience Roy came here with but I think he'll probably end his career as successfully as Roy's (when it ends). I'd happily accept ugly wins against Sunderland and Barnsley. Ok it's not the way most want to win games but it's a confidence builder amongst the players and is a worry to any opposition team.

Well said
0001.jpeg  :plus one:

Woolly Mammoth

Yes that nightmare Kline has gone, and there has been dancing in the streets ever since.
But the exodus will not be complete until Khan Junior is removed.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

As a footnote.
I feel it's the other way round, and it's more a case of how much more time will Slavisa give Fulham FC, how much realistic time has the club got. As they are the ones on trial or probation, not Jok.
The club needs to back him in January, and not just with words or free transfers or loaners.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 11, 2017, 11:35:34 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on December 10, 2017, 03:06:07 PM
Until we sign two or three players that are first choice and complete the team

i.e. a proper CF, a proper CH and a Keeper who commands the defence

I will always regard this manager as having to do his job with one hand tied behind his back.

I will always regard our manager as doing his job with one eye closed, as he seemed to have not noticed the talent he perpetually leaves out.

That would be as opposed to the talent he selects, the youngsters he has given game time to and those he has given a chance to establish themselves? But then I guess you know better than he.