News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So how long has Slavisa realistically got?

Started by Wearethewhites, December 02, 2017, 07:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

He has improved Fredericks and Ream significantly and got Aluko and Malone playing the best football of there careers. The Lucas Piazon we got was much better than the Lucas Piazon at Reading and it could be argued that is down to Jokas coaching. He is a good coach and i love the way we play under him. only problem IMO is his stubbornness and sometimes his selections/subs but I feel he is the right man definitely.
STH H3

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: @jolslover on December 02, 2017, 11:26:55 PM
He has improved Fredericks and Ream significantly and got Aluko and Malone playing the best football of there careers. He is a good coach and i love the way we play under him. only problem IMO is his stubbornness and sometimes his selections/subs but I feel he is the right man definitely.

You're happy being 15th?

You love the fact we've scored about 1 a game bar Sheff Utd?

The football this season has been pitiful.

SuffolkWhite

Until the end of the season I think. I don't know half of what's gone on in the background but a transfer window and time to turn things around is needed. We ain't going up but lets see if Joka and turn it around.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Mince n Tatties

He will be gone if we lose to Birmingham, I'm certain of that.

Matt10

Quote from: davew on December 02, 2017, 10:33:21 PM
Quote from: Matt10 on December 02, 2017, 10:12:54 PM
Quote from: Statto on December 02, 2017, 10:01:52 PM
Quote from: Wearethewhites on December 02, 2017, 09:49:46 PM
I don't feel he's the right type of manager to get us out this division, and the owners also need to analyse this.

A reasonable post but I cannot agree with this part at all.
He got Watford out of the division, He got us into the play-offs in 2017 (best team in the league for the majority of the season and favourites to win those play-offs) and We went into this season 2nd favourites to go up... he clearly has the necessary blueprint but it's just not working at the moment

Good points. Was his decision making just as questionable last year? I wasn't part of this board last year, but I watched every match.
His decision making wasn't questionable last year, he had a squad of players (not selected by him) that excelled with quite a few performing well above their own individual abilities, but as a team and with the style of play that was adopted were brilliant!! There perhaps is part of the problem, us fans then think well this season the only way is up, but no!!!! We sell 2 of our best players, no need to remind everybody who they were and they were not replaced by players of the same quality while other teams strengthened their squads as they do in the Premier league, natural progression. Our problem this year (in my opinion) is mainly 2 reasons, 1 have already mentioned (poor transfer window) and secondly injuries!! If we had suffered the same number of injuries last season to key players, we would have been a mid table side!

This is so key and exactly how I feel. Thanks for putting it into words. I was so sure this year that we would be top of the table. We play a different type of football that absolutely dominated last year - surely noone's figured it out. Until they did, and then we didn't adjust.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: @jolslover on December 02, 2017, 11:26:55 PM
He has improved Fredericks and Ream significantly and got Aluko and Malone playing the best football of there careers. The Lucas Piazon we got was much better than the Lucas Piazon at Reading and it could be argued that is down to Jokas coaching. He is a good coach and i love the way we play under him. only problem IMO is his stubbornness and sometimes his selections/subs but I feel he is the right man definitely.

Yes and no I suppose. The inconsistencies of all four on that list might indicate the good patches are down to a number of factors like the opposition or the form of the players around them. I think Ream got better as the back line settled in but of late it has been chopped and changed and Kalas slightly off the boil has exposed him a bit. Fredericks can run up and down the wing all day long but the delivery at the end of it is hit and miss and Malone was a bit like that although I did enjoy his obvious enthusiasm and he didn't have the attitude Fred has. Aluko. Now there's a conundrum. Inch perfect to missing the proverbial barn door in the space of a couple of minutes. A good coach picks out the key attributes a player has and fine tunes them so for example Aluko becomes the topic of a phase of play session where he ends up hitting the back of the net nine times out of ten not the other way round. It never happened. Piazon is a fine player and quite possibly a bigger miss than we realise as he was showing there was something about him. I think that is purely instinct and nothing to do with Joka. 

Wingnut

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 02, 2017, 11:39:20 PM

Who can we get to replace him? He'll get til the end of the season, in my opinion.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Wingnut on December 03, 2017, 12:00:30 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 02, 2017, 11:39:20 PM

Who can we get to replace him?

I'm pretty sure there are a few candidates floating around, but, I suspect, the Club hasn't even started looking yet ( Well they won't, if they're not getting rid of him ).

Can you even trust them to get rid of Slav, and even have a replacement lined up, because I don't   

Lighthouse

His decisions today were poor. His excuses are poor and his reasoning in the after match comments are poor. He had a very poor day at the office and must be held account for them. I am beginning to feel that he blames the players for everything. He says he can't sub every player that gets a yellow card. But Odoi was an accident waiting to happen. It didn't need yet more positional changes other than putting Kevin Mac in the defence for Odoi and bringing on some pace. Taking off Kebano for Fonte was waving the  093.gif.

I said enough last week in other posts about wondering why so many fans genuinly love him as a coach. Almost as a reply our coach sods it up badly today. Depressed and fed up.  However much this season has been dreadful in most parts.  The club will not invest heavily in January. As such there is no point in changing Coach this season.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

S.F.Sorrow

I love Joka's style of football and what he's trying to do but he has made some extremely poor decisions lately. Today was a disaster. Johansen as a false 9? Djalo as the only defender on the bench? Not taking off Odoi? Bringing on Fonte? He seems to have lost it.

But what worries me the most is what other choices do we have? I still believe Jokanovic could have gotten us promoted with the right players but I don't think he will ever get them under the current regime. Would anyone better qualified want the job as "head coach" with all the limitations regarding transfers, conflicts at the club, etc.?

Sadly the main problem seems to be at the top and not likely to go away anytime soon.

..FOF..

Won 2 and lost 1 after the Kline's debacle.

You guys can replace him with David Blaine or I heard David Copperfield is also looking for a gig to revive his career.

Woolly Mammoth

I think you will find it's won 2 lost 2
We lost at Wolves.
But it's not just about the last four matches.
Or yesterday even, it goes deeper that that to have caused this discontent .
Since the start of the season and even before then, has been a let down, and not just Joks fault of course, but what happens on the field of play, is his responsibility.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

..FOF..

Yeah, I agreed in my post a few months ago that his head is on the chopping block by earliest end of October.

I don't see the owner firing him though, he was signed for the long term and it is going to take a lot to fire him at this moment.

Probably if we are fighting relegation then yeah, I won't defend him :)

New Kid on the Block

We are quite clearly not playing well, and it's very frustrating for me to watch.

However, last year's performances were sublime, and our expectations have been high for this, and understandably so. But none of know how badly the Kline debacle may have affected everyone at the club. Just because he is no longer here, doesn't mean that all is right at the club already. It'll take a while for things to settle down again.

Let's see what happens in the January window. Slav may have a long shopping list ready, and most, if not all, of them may have been on the previous two lists. As precarious as our position is becoming, he needs to be given the January window; Khan needs to try his hardest to get the players that Slav has identified, and then see what happens. At least Slav can be held directly responsible if it all goes pear-shaped with 'his' team.

There is no point in appointing a new manager (I like the old term), before then, and certainly not if Khan's wallet stays slammed shut. Motivator or not, a new manager may be, be we don't have anyone to score goals. Until we have one of those, you can motivate all you want.

colinwhite

If we lose to birmingham and then sack Slavisa where the hell would that leave us then ? Some of you lot just love having ago dont you. Good debate is fine ,but when it comes down this constant "I told you so " posting then its just pure annoying. This opinion  has nothing to do with blind love for Jokanovic or any other coach.
The bottom line is that he has no faith in Djaeo and very little in Kamara, players clearly recruited by others in the club., which is why they werent the obvious substitutions yeserday.If we had won yesterday ,and we were well on way until letting in surely the softest goal of the season ( a goalkeeping error?),we would have won three on the bounce!
Yesterday was hugely frustrating for us all but if we are going to moan like this after every defeat then at least come with some positivity when we win ,because otherwise Iam definitely going to skip these threads in future as they are very predictable.

Riversider

Quote from: colinwhite on December 03, 2017, 07:37:10 AM
If we lose to birmingham and then sack Slavisa where the hell would that leave us then ? Some of you lot just love having ago dont you. Good debate is fine ,but when it comes down this constant "I told you so " posting then its just pure annoying. This opinion  has nothing to do with blind love for Jokanovic or any other coach.
The bottom line is that he has no faith in Djaeo and very little in Kamara, players clearly recruited by others in the club., which is why they werent the obvious substitutions yeserday.If we had won yesterday ,and we were well on way until letting in surely the softest goal of the season ( a goalkeeping error?),we would have won three on the bounce!
Yesterday was hugely frustrating for us all but if we are going to moan like this after every defeat then at least come with some positivity when we win ,because otherwise Iam definitely going to skip these threads in future as they are very predictable.

Does he also have no faith in Soares and Madl either ? Both could have done a job for us yesterday , where were they ?

Matt10

Quote from: colinwhite on December 03, 2017, 07:37:10 AM

Couldn't have been said better. To quote Slav, "...but after the battle all the generals are clever and have different opinions."

WokinghamWhite

Have to agree with much said here.

Odoi should have been substituted after he was giving a long verbal warning by the ref when already on a yellow.

Playing a "false 9" was a complete failure - it meant that we simply never had a target man in the penalty box and we lack height and strength.

The team looked like statues for much of the match - how many times was a Fulham player left dawdling on the ball with nobody to pass to due to a lack of movement off the ball?

Button's play out of the box continues to leave everyone's hearts in their mouths - the coach says "Don't blame Button, blame me". OK - I do. Now what?

And Fonte was a spectator. Bringing him on had the net effect of reducing us to 9 players on the pitch.

But none of that means I want Slav to be sacked. The manager's a good manager. The players are good players. Football's a game of inches - if Cairney's shot that hit the corner of the crossbar had gone in for 2-2 then we'd be having a different discussion.

Facts Not Fiction

He is not helping the club at all at the moment.

He's exiled players like Soares, Mollo and Graham before they've even had a proper look in, because they were Kline signings.

His favouritism to certain players, like Johansen and Ayite, is ridiculous. Both have had awful seasons, but yet, he will go to stupid lengths to fit them in.

His football is far too predictable. If you took notes from the Norwich game, you'd be able to defend against us for the rest of the season.

We're 15th and nearly at the half way stage. 9 points off the playoffs. We will achieve nothing this season. Why keep a manger who is failing at his job? If we had finished 7th last season, he would've gone already.

toshes mate

SJ is a real professional and takes pride in his work.  He has not over estimated his ability or under estimated it.  He has a good coaching team who are committed to the idea that good football methodology will always thrive provided you recruit and retain those players who can enjoy playing the game the way it is meant to be played.  Fulham's owners do not deserve his loyalty but they are stuck with him.  If Khan Snr never did intend to back him to the hilt or doesn't intend to back him to the hilt now then he should sack him now, today, and find someone who likes playing tiddlywinks with a stats machine.

As I said before the season began selling Malone was madness, and adding Aluko to the list of the outgoing confirmed the presence of insanity in Fulham's hierarchy.  As a supporter I have already expressed very clearly where I believe the problems lie and sacking SJ will simply be the final nail in the coffin.  I want the Khan's to commit or get the hell out of Craven Cottage before ever more serious and irreparable damage is done to the football club I love.

And if this forum truly wants SJ out, then I will consider it to be an very unfriendly place for true FFC supporters.