News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So how long has Slavisa realistically got?

Started by Wearethewhites, December 02, 2017, 07:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Can see people singing this before the end of the year,
  "Hit the road Slav, and don't you come back, no more, no more, no more, no more,
   Hit the road Slav and don't you come back no more"

😚😉

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Riversider on December 03, 2017, 05:00:28 PM
Can see people singing this before the end of the year,
  "Hit the road Slav, and don't you come back, no more, no more, no more, no more,
   Hit the road Slav and don't you come back no more"

😚😉

to what tune though?

David I

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 03, 2017, 10:21:40 AM
Quote from: David I on December 03, 2017, 09:28:52 AM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and not one opinion is greater than another.

Slav should stay ONLY if the board will back him and he is allowed to bring in players he wants.....
How many times have the FST and all ST holders (including myself)  bought into the "we will do anything to get the club promoted" and nothing happens!

It's the Khans that should go before Joka does.

At least we have seen some decent football under Joka -
Guessing most of you wont be happy until Joka goes and we get another Magath in....

:Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro:

The Khans have provided the club with a ground and training ground expansion. Provided the funds to sign Fonte and Kamara for £15m. Put Cairney, Sessegnon and all our promising youngsters on new contracts. The club is financially stable, which is a something not all clubs can dictate.

The Khans don't play Sess at LB, Johansen at ST, make Button play football that he is not capable of.

The squad isn't perfect, but is significantly better than 15th. Jokanovic is to blame.
Agree to an extent, Sess is best when LW rather than LB. However, if there is only Odoi suitable to play LB, but Jok wants Odoi in the centre we struggle because of the depth of the squad.

The only fault I can find with Joka was playing Johanssen as a false forward. Guessing that was down to squad availability.

People's expectations were/are high as we finished last year with some great performances. The main issue was not strengthening the squad and losing Malone and Aluko. They both had there faults, Aluko scoring fewer than he should BUT his speed and ball control drew players away freeing up others that could hit a barn door.

I still think Joka can turn this around but ONLY if he has the players he wants... Given those players, if he fails then yes.. Move him on. But let him have his players.

Chutney

Quote from: Statto on December 02, 2017, 08:07:34 PM
End of season I'd say.

He has to be given another full transfer window, after the disaster of the last one, with a decent net spend this time. He also has to be given time for the dust to settle on recent (and likely pending) board-level changes.

He should be given some major leeway based on last season. He has demonstrated that he can get us into the top 6, so unless we are getting someone with a solid gold Championship track record, there's more logical justification for believing Jokanovic will turn things around than there is for thinking a new manager will get us up.

In any case, we're now at the point where no incoming manager will be able to get us promoted until next season, so what's the point in moving sooner?

This, our season is over, we hopefully won't go down and we certainly we won't go up, Give Jokanovic until the end of the season and back him in January, lets see how we do once he's signed a three or four players he actually wants, changing the manager now would be pointless, we have nothing to play for other than pride.
C O Y W

toshes mate

Quote from: David I on December 03, 2017, 07:15:56 PM
Agree to an extent, Sess is best when LW rather than LB. However, if there is only Odoi suitable to play LB, but Jok wants Odoi in the centre we struggle because of the depth of the squad.

The only fault I can find with Joka was playing Johanssen as a false forward. Guessing that was down to squad availability.

People's expectations were/are high as we finished last year with some great performances. The main issue was not strengthening the squad and losing Malone and Aluko. They both had there faults, Aluko scoring fewer than he should BUT his speed and ball control drew players away freeing up others that could hit a barn door.

I still think Joka can turn this around but ONLY if he has the players he wants... Given those players, if he fails then yes.. Move him on. But let him have his players.

An analysis I concur with wholeheartedly.   We lack cover in  key areas because we did not follow logic in the transfer market both last January and in the summer.  You keep your best players until you find better and even then you may consider giving them extra money to stay behind and help the cause from the bench.   Most players want to and will play for a successful club but many players struggle to find their way in a club struggling to show consistent good form.

MJG

Net spend while having a logic to it is not just the holy grail that everyone thinks it is. Otherwise it would all be so simple for clubs. Its not what you spend, its what you spend it on.

Some of the best players we ever had cost nothing, and some of the worst we spent lots on.

Lets look at top 5 net spend teams in Championship using Transfermarket figures *Other sites are available
Team-----Net spend Position------Lge position
Wolves-----------1---------------------1
Sheff Wed-------2----------------------12
Reading----------3---------------------14
Birmingham------4---------------------22
Boro---------------5---------------------9

Just the views of a long term fan

MJG

With regards him staying or going. IF you think he should have January(to bring in his own) then really you think he should be here next season.
Otherwise you are once again allowing a manger to again bring in players he wants only to leave in the summer and the next man to pick up players who have only been there 6 months a run with them.
Personally I'd want to know does he want to be here next season no matter what. If he ums and ahhs then goodbye and go now. Let us get someone in for January and we can build for next season.
I want him to stay as we have seen what he can produce. Yes I was upset with him on Saturday which I put personally all down to him. But I still have faith in him to get it right, and secondly I want him to get it right.

Just the views of a long term fan

toshes mate

If we think our season is over already then we are really in deep trouble and the Khans had better be selling up or else.

Better to consider using this transfer window like no other and start building a team that our coaches seriously can work with.  Even if we cannot make a play off spot at least we can look good going into 2018/9.   I still believe we need a very charismatic and talented Director of Football who is not related to the owner nor inclined to nepotism, someone SJ can get on with really well.

mrmicawbers

If his Pig headed approach continue,not long I'm afraid. Playing Button,playing Sess at left back where it obvious he can help playing further up. Seemingly not playing what I'm assuming are stats based players to prove his point.Now Kline has gone needs to draw a line under it for the good of the Club.

FFC1987

I'm still pro Slav, but blimey my tolerance of his ineptitude to figure out how to influence a game (positively) is at an end. For all his blather about individual performances, lack of squad depth and lack of quality in general, he really needs to put eyes on himself as a tactician and a manager. My biggest cripe this week was the lack of change for Odoi, I think anyone watching was calling for it yet post match, he blames the player and says his hands were tied due to lack of quality. Its clear a lot of players weren't his choice, Mollo, Djalo and Graham come to mind but hes managed them awfully when you read the snide comments about them. They all get paid a decent whack to be at the club, the least he can do is use them to at least show us that they aren't good enough. I mean, who knows, maybe a few could of turned out ok and helped us out a bit.

One Martin Thomas

I think he'll get January transfer window and then 6weeks after. If we are still where we are.... gone on Valentine's Day.

Chutney

Its far more important that we keep Jokanovic than it is that we keep the Khan's.
C O Y W

Horsfield_No9

Who on the board actually knows when to sack or who to look to next? This is always my worry. Other clubs with owners who are British or have been in charge of football clubs here for many years know when to act and who the next hiring should be. I don't believe we do. With Kit he was probably sacked too late and then we had no plan in place so that season was then a write off. Hate being negative but I don't see us getting out of this league for a very long time. I this season is a write off unless we were to change manager asap, would still need a monumental shift. Not impossible though.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

toshes mate

Quote from: mrmicawbers on December 04, 2017, 10:47:01 AM
If his Pig headed approach continue,not long I'm afraid. Playing Button,playing Sess at left back where it obvious he can help playing further up. Seemingly not playing what I'm assuming are stats based players to prove his point.Now Kline has gone needs to draw a line under it for the good of the Club.
Kline going changes nothing since his legacy remains until at least January, if not for the entire season.  The left back position is a problem only when Odoi is needed as cover for a central defender.  Had Malone been adequately replaced then there wouldn't be quite the issue we have.  Kline's legacy is going to loom over us for quite some time to come, hopefully to remind the Khans never to do it again.

mrmicawbers

™Tosh when I say draw a line under it I am talking about playing some of the players who he may not have wanted originally. Maybe they are completely crap,but I seem to think there is an underlying agenda.Just my opinion obviously.

MrD1879

Quote from: toshes mate on December 04, 2017, 10:59:06 AM
Kline going changes nothing since his legacy remains until at least January, if not for the entire season.  The left back position is a problem only when Odoi is needed as cover for a central defender.  Had Malone been adequately replaced then there wouldn't be quite the issue we have.  Kline's legacy is going to loom over us for quite some time to come, hopefully to remind the Khans never to do it again.

We have Madl who is a more then adequate deputy for CB yet for whatever reason he doesn't even get anywhere near the team. Our best attacking threat is sess and if he is to blind to see it or to pigheaded to play Madl and move odoi to left back then he should be gone. Soares won't see any game time under him and God knows what Graham and Mollo think of being used as pawns to make his point. The club won't move away from the stats system as I believe they have already replaced Kline haven't they? Or worse Tony Khan will do it his way. I don't want to be over dramatic but we will go no where until something gives.

Chutney

Quote from: MrD1879 on December 04, 2017, 11:33:31 AM

We have Madl who is a more then adequate deputy for CB yet for whatever reason he doesn't even get anywhere near the team. Our best attacking threat is sess and if he is to blind to see it or to pigheaded to play Madl and move odoi to left back then he should be gone. Soares won't see any game time under him and God knows what Graham and Mollo think of being used as pawns to make his point. The club won't move away from the stats system as I believe they have already replaced Kline haven't they? Or worse Tony Khan will do it his way. I don't want to be over dramatic but we will go no where until something gives.

Name a better manager than Jokanovic that will come to Fulham, I'll wait. Our current league position is a credit to Slav given our last two transfer windows, we have a poor squad and we need to make a number of signings in key areas, I just hope that Slav gets a few players he actually wants this January.
C O Y W

FFC1987

Quote from: Chutney on December 04, 2017, 12:10:12 PM
Quote from: MrD1879 on December 04, 2017, 11:33:31 AM

Name a better manager than Jokanovic that will come to Fulham, I'll wait. Our current league position is a credit to Slav given our last two transfer windows, we have a poor squad and we need to make a number of signings in key areas, I just hope that Slav gets a few players he actually wants this January.

You can't honestly say being 15th is a credit to a fulham manager.....jesus. I'm pro Slav but that comment is ridiculous.

Count Flapula

Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water - this is the same manager who got Watford promoted from this very division and took us from 21st to top 6 in his first full season. You don't become a bad a manager overnight.

He just needs backing with the right player recruitment in January (players he actually says we need rather than told "we're buying and that's that") and then we can judge him fairly in the summer, rather than knee jerk him out for struggling with the mismatched tools he's been left with after selling players he said he wanted to keep. If we got rid of him now for other's recruitment mistakes then he is paying for others shortcomings.

He can see what our team needs (in interviews he has mentioned the need for better options at CB, needing a better striker, bemoaning the insufficient replacing of Malone at LB) so get him what he wants in Jan and then judge him fairly at the end of the season.

toshes mate

@mrmicawbers

I do get your point but it is hearsay connected with Kline's toxic departure from Motspur Park.  My own opinion is I do not believe SJ would deliberately isolate a player just to make a point simply because he has a team of coaches and they all seem to get on very well with the players.  I believe some of the players would have been good signings if we had an injury free  core side (i.e. still with Aluko and Malone and a decent Martin replacement) but not as match starters which is what was actually needed in several key positions. 

I believe SJ will not play a side he considers is not fit for purpose and on Saturday he said he played a side he thought could/should win the game.  The first half bore him out but the second half was a nightmare and that begs the question as to what went on at halftime.