News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So how long has Slavisa realistically got?

Started by Wearethewhites, December 02, 2017, 07:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

1, 2 games? Until after the January window? Longer?

I'd just like to see what everyone else thinks, because people seem to have different opinions about the situation.

I stated in a recent post, that I'm seriously losing my patience with him, and I am, but, when you look at other factors surround him, it's not that simple.

1) No, he wasn't backed in the summer, however, that squad should be getting better results than it currently is. Will the owners think that he deserves a January transfer window, or will they want to give it to a new guy?

2) We've clueless owners, who are likely to stick with him a lot longer than he warrants, however, are they aware of his arrogance to do things 'his' way, which is costing us games.

3) Even if we did replace Slav, is it likely that another coach will buy into our stats based policy? As it stands, I still think he's trying to prove a point.

west kowloon white

Don't think you are going to get a rational opinion whilst the predictable post defeat posts are coming in...yawn.

MrD1879

Quote from: west kowloon white on December 02, 2017, 08:08:35 PM
Don't think you are going to get a rational opinion whilst the predictable post defeat posts are coming in...yawn.

Think the reactions are pretty rational to me. Having been there today and watched the mind boggling display from several of our players and our esteemed coach then his departure can't come soon enough.

He can berate the transfer policy but if you set up a team like that and then throw on Fonte when you need to try and relieve some pressure and create a chance then your time is up.

You get no value in January and this season has gone

Woolly Mammoth

A defeat Home to Brum, could be one defeat too many. If we lose to Sunderland and make it three defeats in a row. Then his position will become untenable, assuming he is still here by then. Because I cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel except an enormous locomotive coming towards me at a barbaric speed.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Berserker

I don't think he'll be sacked just before the transfer window as I expect targets have been lined up for him by now. If he was going to be sacked it would have been a few matches ago.
Saying that they may have a new manager lined up already or trying to get one so they may want to get him on board for January

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Robbie

It is difficult to see how the current situation can be turned around with Slav.
Everything looks wrong at the moment.
We have good players playing out of position, confused and visibly blaming each other on the pitch.

We need a fresh look, some discipline, a better game plan, better basic tactics.

Wearethewhites

For me, the owners know they've screwed up in the summer (if they don't, then they're absolute morons basically).

They also know, that Slav only has was he has to work with, until January, so, I can't see them being to trigger happy.

They also know, that Kline has been a big interference, so maybe feel, that Slavisa is also warranted more time.

In Fulham's position, who else is going to want to come to the Club, and work under Tony's stats based policy?

Thinking about it, the Club may well know this season is already a write off, so, the only thing to do, is to continue to back Slav, and put things right this Jan, next summer.

On the flip side..

Slavisa, can not be allowed to carry on how he is, playing players out of position, making odd subs, and being arrogant towards certain players. Regardless, he's here to win games, and get the best out of what he has, and I done feel he's doing that.

As it stands, I don't feel he's the right type of manager to get us out this division, and the owners also need to analyse this.

Anyway, let's see who comes out of this with the bigger set of balls.

davew

Quote from: Wearethewhites on December 02, 2017, 09:49:46 PM
For me, the owners know they've screwed up in the summer (if they don't, then they're absolute morons basically).

They also know, that Slav only has was he has to work with, until January, so, I can't see them being to trigger happy.

They also know, that Kline has been a big interference, so maybe feel, that Slavisa is also warranted more time.

In Fulham's position, who else is going to want to come to the Club, and work under Tony's stats based policy?

Thinking about it, the Club may well know this season is already a write off, so, the only thing to do, is to continue to back Slav, and put things right this Jan, next summer.

On the flip side..

Slavisa, can not be allowed to carry on how he is, playing players out of position, making odd subs, and being arrogant towards certain players. Regardless, he's here to win games, and get the best out of what he has, and I done feel he's doing that.

As it stands, I don't feel he's the right type of manager to get us out this division, and the owners also need to analyse this.

You are beginning to sound like me.....ANGRY!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

JoelH5

On the flip side..

Completely agree with you. The season is far from over though. If we are able to turn things around starting with the January window, we still have a (slim) chance at top 6. Is Jokanović the man to do that? I don't think so
I was there, standing in the Putney end

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on December 02, 2017, 10:01:52 PM
I don't feel he's the right type of manager to get us out this division, and the owners also need to analyse this.

A reasonable post but I cannot agree with this part at all.
He got Watford out of the division, He got us into the play-offs in 2017 (best team in the league for the majority of the season and favourites to win those play-offs) and We went into this season 2nd favourites to go up... he clearly has the necessary blueprint but it's just not working at the moment

Agree
STH H3

Berserker

On the flip side..

well said

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Matt10

I don't feel he's the right type of manager to get us out this division, and the owners also need to analyse this.

He got Watford out of the division, He got us into the play-offs in 2017 (best team in the league for the majority of the season and favourites to win those play-offs) and We went into this season 2nd favourites to go up... he clearly has the necessary blueprint but it's just not working at the moment

Good points. Was his decision making just as questionable last year? I wasn't part of this board last year, but I watched every match.

RaySmith

Kit was sacked when he didn't make the required points  total half way through the season, so presumably  Slavisa's performance will be being monitored, but you might think that  his achievement last season will give him more  leeway, plus the problems with injuries and   bedding in new players - who may not be ones he would have chosen himself.

BUT owners are ruthless these days, because football is a big money business, and there won't be any room for sentiment if the khans feel that  someone else will be more likely to get us up than Slavisa.

But there is also the  important aspect of who else to bring in.  Would they think they couldn't get anyone better?

We haven't gelled so far this season, but i think this could be near to happening -  maybe a couple of new players and a bit of tweaking. To sack the manager would mean starting all over again.

So i think Slavisa is probably safe for the time being- if our results aren't too terrible, which i don't think they will be. We have the quality to turn things round, but we definitely need  new players in certains positions - strikers and defenders-as the manager has said himself.

We created the chances to win today, while our defence made  calamitous errors - how many times has this happned this season?

Facts Not Fiction

Jokanovic's term as manager has been very inconsistent. We've seen the very worst turn to the very best and now once again, turned to the worst.

Why keep a manager for the rest of the season, when realistically, we aren't going to achieve anything. May as well let a new guy analyse the squad for 6 months.

And for all his good, Jokanovic is incredibly naive and has proven to be very argumentative to the board.

It's not like Jol/Magath when you were desperate for them to go, but Jokanovic is showing no signs of improvement, and the players seem to have given up.

If I had a choice between now and the end of the season, I'd choose now.

Wearethewhites

Ok, fair enough, but can't you argue that he was handed a ridiculously good team at Watford? I mean, 3 of the best strikers in the division then, that only we could dream of today.

If Slav was that good, then surely he'd be getting the best out of this current bunch, which I don't feel he is, he's very off with team and player selections.

I mean, Johansen as a false no.9?? If you're that hard up, then Graham or Mollo would make more sense.

For me, he got lucky at Watford, but, doesn't have, or carry the traits, of a Warnock type manager, that can work or motivate lesser players.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Wearethewhites on December 02, 2017, 10:30:44 PM

Ok, fair enough, but can't you argue that he was handed a ridiculously good team at Watford? I mean, 3 of the best strikers in the division then, that only we could dream of today.

If Slav was that good, then surely he'd be getting the best out of this current bunch, which I don't feel he is, he's very off with team and player selections.

I mean, Johansen as a false no.9?? If you're that hard up, then Graham or Mollo would make more sense.

For me, he got lucky at Watford, but, doesn't have, or carry the traits, of a Warnock type manager, that can work or motivate lesser players.

Very true.

You appoint Jokanovic as a short term fix. Much like Pardew and Jose.

davew

Quote from: Matt10 on December 02, 2017, 10:12:54 PM

Good points. Was his decision making just as questionable last year? I wasn't part of this board last year, but I watched every match.
His decision making wasn't questionable last year, he had a squad of players (not selected by him) that excelled with quite a few performing well above their own individual abilities, but as a team and with the style of play that was adopted were brilliant!! There perhaps is part of the problem, us fans then think well this season the only way is up, but no!!!! We sell 2 of our best players, no need to remind everybody who they were and they were not replaced by players of the same quality while other teams strengthened their squads as they do in the Premier league, natural progression. Our problem this year (in my opinion) is mainly 2 reasons, 1 have already mentioned (poor transfer window) and secondly injuries!! If we had suffered the same number of injuries last season to key players, we would have been a mid table side!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

aaronmcguigan

you can have all the crazy subs you want; the lack of motivation, lack of tactics and coaching, and square pegs in round holes etc, but who is there at the club to actually evaluate Slav? To actually analyse his performance? Yes Khan might swoop in once a year and sack a manager, but who analyses Slav week in week out, like for example the players would be?

Is there a football person above him at the club to challenge him and question him on daft decisions which he is CLEARLY making or like a word in his ear to give him regular performance based feedback.

I don't know the structure but does anyone else at the club have the first notion about managing a club or being a head coach, Along with balancing the duties of head coach versus all the hassle of Kline, absent owners, poor Pre season etc.

As woeful a job as he may be doing, and I do believe someone else could come in and do the core simple basics , and start achieving results, there is no one to tell him off, to give him a warning, to give him performance based feedback, and therefore how can you sack someone you have done a p155 poor job at supporting and supplying decent support mechanisms???

Milo

Well for me it comes down to whether he still has the dressing room. If yes, then stick with him and this is an overreaction. If no.. then I guess start the timer...

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Wearethewhites on December 02, 2017, 10:30:44 PM

He got very lucky at Watford. His arrival coincided with a mega slump in what was previously Division winning form. I remember they arrived at the Cottage having taken something like 9 points from 27 but they tore us apart  five nil. The story at the time, as told to us by the journo sitting behind us in The P2 Enclave, was that Abdi and Deeney had a meeting with Club officials where they expressed concerns over not playing the fast flowing football they were used to. Someone will look it up I suspect but didn't they go on to only lose only a handful of points and only get pipped by Bournemouth, by far the best team in the league that year. He was more carried along than the architect. The sign of a good coach is not doing what Joka does. None of our players are improving and the same mistakes keep occurring. A good coach would have rectified that by now and even with decidedly average players a corner should at least carry some sort of threat.
Jokas support network will undoubtedly point me in the direction of the play offs last year. That would be the golden twelve games or so where Cairney and Stefjo consistently played like Premiership players and key individuals stepped up along the way. Even with that though had Wolves and Leeds not completely imploded we would have finished eight.
The comments about relegation not being possible and "there are worse teams than us" is out there again. Would that be the plucky never say die Burton, the robust battling Bolton and our next two opponents?
I would say the glove no longer fits if indeed it ever did.