News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So how long has Slavisa realistically got?

Started by Wearethewhites, December 02, 2017, 07:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

So anyone that wants Slava out and doesn't agree with your opinion isn't a true Fulham fan? :023:

ffc73

My answer to the OP question. First or second international break of next season.

Why?  051 tends to stick with his coaches. I think he will give Joka the rest of this season to lay foundation for a summer window. Bring in players in summer that Joka wants, have a another preseason & look to see if we are in contention come next October

If I'm right. The rest of this season is treading water, experimenting & top 10 finish at best

David I

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and not one opinion is greater than another.

Slav should stay ONLY if the board will back him and he is allowed to bring in players he wants.....
How many times have the FST and all ST holders (including myself)  bought into the "we will do anything to get the club promoted" and nothing happens!

It's the Khans that should go before Joka does.

At least we have seen some decent football under Joka -
Guessing most of you wont be happy until Joka goes and we get another Magath in....

:Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro:

aaronmcguigan

That's the thing David. Slav needs backed. Continuing with the status quo does no one any good. After a performance like today, someone somewhere needs to give him an almighty kick up the rear end. whenever a Button error costs us, Slav should get the blame, and not just a grown on social media.
Someone at the club needs to have the balls to tell him his shortcomings. What is the point in staying in a job where you don't get feedback, don't improve, don't get told off (assumption )
The stick effect is a way of backing him. Constructive feedback to improve for future, instead of after nearly 2 years being unable to get players to run and create space off the ball.

If you look at what's gone on, I don't think it's possible to sack Slav. For all of Khans billions and business success, he can't identify a struggling manager and put support/ review  in place for him. Sacking him as one football man amongst a heap of American egg chasing hierarchy screams that no one has a clue what they are doing.
Investment will only get you so far, his main job is a head coach, where he is paid to motivate, inspire, coach , challenge and invariably improve the tools he has got. polishing one tool can make a toolbox shine. For example, if Madl, out of the team, had been spending his time intensively coached by the management of positioning , man marking and whatever else, what says he couldn't be improved to take the place of CB cover to keep Odoi at LB and Sess a permanent winger
There is far too many players stagnating at the club, whether it's the ex youth in Cauley, or Betts, current youth like Humphrys, Williams, or the likes of Madl, Ayite, Mollo stagnating or regressing.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: David I on December 03, 2017, 09:28:52 AM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and not one opinion is greater than another.

Slav should stay ONLY if the board will back him and he is allowed to bring in players he wants.....
How many times have the FST and all ST holders (including myself)  bought into the "we will do anything to get the club promoted" and nothing happens!

It's the Khans that should go before Joka does.

At least we have seen some decent football under Joka -
Guessing most of you wont be happy until Joka goes and we get another Magath in....

:Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro:

The Khans have provided the club with a ground and training ground expansion. Provided the funds to sign Fonte and Kamara for £15m. Put Cairney, Sessegnon and all our promising youngsters on new contracts. The club is financially stable, which is a something not all clubs can dictate.

The Khans don't play Sess at LB, Johansen at ST, make Button play football that he is not capable of.

The squad isn't perfect, but is significantly better than 15th. Jokanovic is to blame.

clarkey

It is time to look for a replacement coach

Slavisa was totally to blame for Odoi sending off, he should have subbed him at half time it was obvious.

His tactics are often useless, his substitutions appalling at times, he plays really good players out of position and his body language and verbal skills are lacking. The play offs were really badly handled.Chris Martin...poor, in all areas he is lacking. He was just lucky at Watford.

We have a good squad, some excellent players, and enough skill to do far better than this. He has a limited time left, Xmas we need to decide. I suggest those Lincoln Brothers come and fast.

EastEndWhite

Quote from: clarkey on December 03, 2017, 10:27:08 AM

Slavisa was totally to blame for Odoi sending off, he should have subbed him at half time it was obvious

Sorry, but the only person we can blame is Odoi himself.

Lighthouse

This constant excuse for those who see the Coach as wonderful who can do no wrong is to blame everybody else. Blame the owner, the transfers, the fans that don't idolise Joka. It is simply ridiculous. However much fans support him a little honesty wouldn't go a miss. Our Coach has made some awful errors this season. He insists on sticking to a system that puts under pressure every time our keeper has the ball. He seems to feel it is better to play a hat-trick hero at full back because it means he can put the other full back at centre half. He puts in totally unsuitable players in as a false number 9.

It doesn't mean we should forget about the second half of last season. Or our failure to bring in the spine to the side many of his supporters argued with me about last season. But please admit to yourselves he has had a poor season on the sidelines whatever the injury, poor players or poor owner have done.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

EastEndWhite

Quote from: clarkey on December 03, 2017, 10:27:08 AM
It is time to look for a replacement coach

Slavisa was totally to blame for Odoi sending off, he should have subbed him at half time it was obvious.

His tactics are often useless, his substitutions appalling at times, he plays really good players out of position and his body language and verbal skills are lacking. The play offs were really badly handled.Chris Martin...poor, in all areas he is lacking. He was just lucky at Watford.

We have a good squad, some excellent players, and enough skill to do far better than this. He has a limited time left, Xmas we need to decide. I suggest those Lincoln Brothers come and fast.

It's time to look for a replacement Director of Football Operations.  However, I very much doubt that Tony Khan will have the insight or humility to realise that he is out of his depth and that he is not the right man for the job.  There are other things he could do within the club setup.

Twig

There has been a lot of sense talked on this thread, and even the less considered rants are understandable after the dog's breakfast of yesterday.
As a coach I like SJ, he has done some great work with several of our players past and present who seem to me to have improved under his leadership.  And of course the style of play he aspires to is potentially a great plus.  But yesterday illustrated to me his failings, even if he had held his hands up afterwards I could have sympathised, but no.
As owners we could have worse than the Khan's, there have been plenty of examples across all the divisions.  But it is difficult to really get behind them.  They are strangely absent, uncommunicative and have failed to invest in players (although Mostspur Park shows they will invest in infrastructure).
Board power struggles and rank bad decision making has been inexcusable.  And the summer was a disaster, from transfers to pre season planning/ player fitness.
Personally I would prefer SJ to stay, the Khan's to get behind transfer strategy with real cash and the Board to settle down and do their jobs effectively but....  079.gif
In practice I tend to agree with those who say he should be given the season, BUT if we fail to invest in January then he would need until one of the international breaks next year after summer transfers.  However I think he might resign before then if he isn't backed in the January window.Let's not forget it isn't just whether he will be sacked or not but whether he will choose to stay!

Lighthouse

Quote from: Statto on December 03, 2017, 10:44:02 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on December 03, 2017, 10:31:53 AM
This constant excuse for those who see the Coach as wonderful who can do no wrong is to blame everybody else. Blame the owner, the transfers, the fans that don't idolise Joka. It is simply ridiculous. However much fans support him a little honesty wouldn't go a miss. Our Coach has made some awful errors this season.

Sorry but a little honesty from you wouldn't go amiss. Nobody on this thread has said Jokanovic isn't culpable at all.

Everyone agrees our current situation is a consequence of various failings, some by Jokanovic (such as those you mention) and some from senior management (such as selling key players, poor signings, the Kline affair).

Some posters will come to the perfectly reasonable conclusion that the blame is 60:40 down to senior management and it follows logically that they should be sacked/reformed first (particularly when the context of all this is relegation and 3 yrs of general sh1te and lies from those individuals before Jokanovic even got here).

I think this post says it all. Everybody else is now MOSTLY to blame for our problems. The reasonable argument and the only logical conclusion is they should all go before the coach. Well we have had the debate on another thread. For him to be successful it would mean that we have exactly the players in form and the players to fit his system. As we know he will not change his system however unsuited it is to the players we actually have.

ScalleysDad

So in the cold light of day I wonder what the mood at Motspur Park is this morning. With so many of his squad being 'outed' as not his choice or not in his plans and then his openness about needing players all over the pitch my motivation would be rock bottom even if I was part of the chosen few. There are numerous management tools for motivation and team bonding and Joka is not showing any of them.
I actually wonder, its a wondering sort of morning, how many key players are looking at January as a way out?

Mullers OG

Some will blame Jokanovic, some the board, some the players, injuries etc.  Each one of them is probably a part of the problem.

In my opinion (and each of us is entitled to have an opinion and we are all entitled to disagree with each other) there isn't too much wrong with the team which wouldn't be put right with a proper no. 9, a solid centre half and a competent goalkeeper.

Whether we get those positions sorted out in January is, to my mind, the key to the rest of this season and next.

Mince n Tatties

The way he has treated some players like the banashing to the Under 23 set up obviously upsets not just them players but others,they must wonder when it will happen to them.
He obviously hasn't got the backing of all the players,I heard that in training before the Wolves game certain players voiced their opinion that we needed to approach the game up there differently because of the way Wolves play.
Apparently started ranting its my way or no other(to which he is entitled as he is the boss).
Since then certain players have felt his wrath for mouthing their opinions, one I was told was Stefan,the excuse that he was sick in the morning was rubbish,he was dropped.
I don't believe its a happy camp at all,everyone has an opinion,what I heard and have written might be total hogwash, but the person who told me is genuine guy,so I'm tending to believe it.

filham

I think that Joconavic  probably had some sort of input into all recent transfers, it is unbelievable that the club would spend millions on players without a word with the coach.

If Jocanovic said anything at all in favour of signing Fonte then he should do the honourable thing tomorrow and walk.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Statto on December 03, 2017, 11:49:10 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on December 03, 2017, 11:08:36 AM
The reasonable argument and the only logical conclusion is they should all go before the coach.

Another disingenuous and distortive post. I never said that's the only reasonable/logical position.

Different people will apportion blame differently. It's a subjective, ambiguous matter and it's totally debatable who is most to blame.

My issue with your original post is, you cannot call people "ridiculous", or claim they're glossing over Jokanovic's failings, just because they happen to think even more blame lies with senior management than with the coach.

As you know I didn't make that comment to those fans who think more blame lies elsewhere. I made it towards all those who think our Coach can do now wrong and have stated as much by being petty and pedantic and having to lie about the arguments. Not for the first time.

toshes mate

I asked this guy, Fred, who I employ, to build me a car and I made a list of the things he said he'd need and I passed it on to my mate to go out and buy.  Now me and my mate know nothing about cars but we purchased the things Fred said he needed – like four steering wheels and a tyre – and on Saturday afternoon he showed us what he had built.   You know what?   It couldn't bleedin' move, not one single inch.  It was diaboilical watching him moving the steering wheels around to prove it made no bleedin' difference.  Well Fred has gotta go, that's what me and my mate and a whole lot of other disappointed people think.  It's disgusting how Fred has let everybody down and he is going to pay for it.

Just another way of stating the bleedin' obvious, perhaps.

ScalleysDad

I would add something else to the needs and wants list. The wise words of Brentford manager Dean Smith "we knew if we pressed Fulham high they would make mistakes" will be echoed at training grounds across the league as the fixtures come thick and fast over Christmas. I wonder if Joka has a cunning counter plan now or will we remain so predictable, naïve and ineffective?
I totally appreciate Smith is talking as the winning manager but his positivity and the use of 'we', as in team, was a stark contrast to the repeated lines of we didn't do this, we failed at that and so on.
I agree you cannot substitute every player on a yellow card but a player who is so obviously losing it and apparently injured does require some thought. Personally I would be throwing the book at Odoi injury or not.

rvFFC

It's painful to see how often slav makes the mistake of putting sess at left back.

Matt10

Quote from: SuperFulham323 on December 03, 2017, 03:40:47 PM
It's painful to see how often slav makes the mistake of putting sess at left back.

This is my one annoyance. I want to see Sess further up because he has scored a hat-trick from that position. That's simply the logic I follow.

Regarding everything else, it's just convenience to the big loss we had yesterday. I doubt these threads would be popping up if we had continued the theme we had in the first half of bossing the game and dictating the tempo - then winning to make a 3 match win streak. 

An argument to not subbing out Denis. Well, for one, Denis has literally no discipline concerns this season: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/68335/Show/Denis-Odoi and for two, we have no idea if TC told Slav not to sub him, or Slav knows his player and...just like us...were surprised that he would go in and get sent off not 5 minutes after being warned.

The False-9 worked in the first half, but once we were losing, it should have changed to 4-3-3 and especially once we went down to 10-men. The only part that needed some extra attention is that the scenario at hand was down to 10-men and losing by a goal. I can understand the comments needing to put in a defender, and I tend to agree, but at the same time...we were down a goal. Putting in Fonte was not popular, and especially because it was taking out Kebano, who was most likely the MOTM. I would have liked to see AK and Graham, but not staggered subs, instead I'd prefer all at once. There needed to be a surge of intent to go after the equalizer, and I think that would have been a bit more positively received.

That 3rd goal was just a dagger, especially after TC hitting the bar.  Before that we had our chances, but a combination of poor touches from Sess, and us not doing anything with the free kicks, except to pass it off quickly, we just didn't support the idea of getting back into this one.

I know it's conversation of whether Slav should go or not, but regardless we can't control that, so I think these areas, to me, are what should be priority for the next match:

- Sess playing up front

- No more False-9

- CF role defined: AK over Fonte. Noone knows what the role of a CF/ST is in Slav's gameplan, until after the match. The CF/ST, from review of our matches this year, seems to be more prone to having their back to goal versus crossing routes with the wingers, so in this case AK would be my choice. Fonte should come in for winger role so he can face forward, and hopefully take a shot or two for once.

- Find a place for Kebano if Sess is on LW...

- Figure out how to get TC, McDonald, Johansen and Norwood on at the same time. Brentford had no answer with their build up, which is why they, rightfully, pushed on counter attacks and down the sides.