Author Topic: Birmingham  (Read 1162 times)

Offline SP

• The Bard/Corked Hat
  • Fulham debut 1970
Birmingham
« on: December 03, 2017, 08:46:58 PM »
Didn't realise they're playing Monday night at home to Wolves.  Odds of 4/1 on home win & 3/4 on an away win. Should be a passionate affair & a forgone conclusion surely?

Offline hovewhite

• The Bard/Corked Hat
Re: Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 10:16:05 AM »
another banana skin game saturday,but hopefully another home 3 pionts would be welcome!

Offline Fulham 442

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 11:09:31 AM »
We would expect to pick up points against Birmingham and Sunderland but this is Fulham...........

Offline davew

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 06:38:08 PM »
We would expect to pick up points against Birmingham and Sunderland but this is Fulham...........
Didn't Charles Dickens write a book about Fulham.....Great Expectations!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Online Woolly Mammoth

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 07:38:45 PM »

I thought he wrote 100 ways to cook your dog, and DH Lawrence wrote Great Expectations ( Penguin Books ).
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Offline Barrett487

• Legend
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 07:51:17 PM »

A tale of two cities as well....

Make of that what you will

Offline Fulham 442

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 08:24:43 PM »
Currently watching Birmingham vs Wolves.  1 nil to Wolves so far despite Stockdale's best efforts.  Birmingham look rubbish.  If we don't beat them Saturday I will be beyond disappointed  (I'm trying to be polite!)

Offline The Swan

• Legend
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 08:24:56 PM »
David Stockdale is having a good game for Birmingham. Lets hope he has a nightmare on Saturday.
The Swan

Offline Fulham 442

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 08:30:20 PM »
Yes he is. Always liked him. Dull game tbh!

Offline davew

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 08:38:29 PM »
Currently watching Birmingham vs Wolves.  1 nil to Wolves so far despite Stockdale's best efforts.  Birmingham look rubbish.  If we don't beat them Saturday I will be beyond disappointed  (I'm trying to be polite!)
We must be watching a different game, have you watched us lately?? B'ham are being outplayed by a proper team with attacking players, I can remember the days when we used to be like that, last season wasn't it? I expect them to be favourites to win Saturday, we will probably play with 4 full backs and a disguised number 9 and phantom number 10 for a change, that should work!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Offline Fulham 442

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 08:51:18 PM »
Yes Birmingham are being outplayed but it's a dull game and Birmingham haven't done a lot have they? And yes sadly I have seen us play lately but I would still hope we could beat Birmingham.  But then I thought we would beat Burton Albion!

Offline Bill2

• Legend
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 12:45:34 PM »
We must be watching a different game, have you watched us lately?? B'ham are being outplayed by a proper team with attacking players, I can remember the days when we used to be like that, last season wasn't it? I expect them to be favourites to win Saturday, we will probably play with 4 full backs and a disguised number 9 and phantom number 10 for a change, that should work!!
Dave, I didn't see the game last night but what I saw on highlights it could have been 8/9 to Wolves and only Stockdale kept them in the game. We only lost to 2 dead ball situations and in my mind some very dubious referee decisions. So assuming we can beat Stockdale we should win as we are still one of the best footballing sides in the division, just don't mention the finishing.

Offline west kowloon white

• Legend
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 01:36:01 PM »
Referee will be important: they have a physical core( bunch of thugs) to see off Fulham.

Offline SP

• The Bard/Corked Hat
  • Fulham debut 1970
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 03:59:13 PM »
Referee will be important: they have a physical core( bunch of thugs) to see off Fulham.

The ref will give them some freebies no doubt.  The lad Dean? who got sent off had a permanently vacant expression, not sure if he'll be missed?  Perhaps a role for Cisse if we need a more physical presence?

Offline MikeW

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 04:53:40 PM »
Bill2:  Ref being one of the best teams in the League apart from the finishing, you missed a bit.  The defending!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."