watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Birmingham

Started by SP, December 03, 2017, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Didn't realise they're playing Monday night at home to Wolves.  Odds of 4/1 on home win & 3/4 on an away win. Should be a passionate affair & a forgone conclusion surely?

hovewhite

another banana skin game saturday,but hopefully another home 3 pionts would be welcome!

Fulham 442

We would expect to pick up points against Birmingham and Sunderland but this is Fulham...........

davew

Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 04, 2017, 11:09:31 AM
We would expect to pick up points against Birmingham and Sunderland but this is Fulham...........
Didn't Charles Dickens write a book about Fulham.....Great Expectations!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on December 04, 2017, 06:38:08 PM

I thought he wrote 100 ways to cook your dog, and DH Lawrence wrote Great Expectations ( Penguin Books ).
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Barrett487

Quote from: davew on December 04, 2017, 06:38:08 PM

A tale of two cities as well....

Make of that what you will

Fulham 442

Currently watching Birmingham vs Wolves.  1 nil to Wolves so far despite Stockdale's best efforts.  Birmingham look rubbish.  If we don't beat them Saturday I will be beyond disappointed  (I'm trying to be polite!)

The Swan

David Stockdale is having a good game for Birmingham. Lets hope he has a nightmare on Saturday.
The Swan

Fulham 442

Yes he is. Always liked him. Dull game tbh!

davew

Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 04, 2017, 08:24:43 PM
Currently watching Birmingham vs Wolves.  1 nil to Wolves so far despite Stockdale's best efforts.  Birmingham look rubbish.  If we don't beat them Saturday I will be beyond disappointed  (I'm trying to be polite!)
We must be watching a different game, have you watched us lately?? B'ham are being outplayed by a proper team with attacking players, I can remember the days when we used to be like that, last season wasn't it? I expect them to be favourites to win Saturday, we will probably play with 4 full backs and a disguised number 9 and phantom number 10 for a change, that should work!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fulham 442

Yes Birmingham are being outplayed but it's a dull game and Birmingham haven't done a lot have they? And yes sadly I have seen us play lately but I would still hope we could beat Birmingham.  But then I thought we would beat Burton Albion!

Bill2

Quote from: davew on December 04, 2017, 08:38:29 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 04, 2017, 08:24:43 PM
We must be watching a different game, have you watched us lately?? B'ham are being outplayed by a proper team with attacking players, I can remember the days when we used to be like that, last season wasn't it? I expect them to be favourites to win Saturday, we will probably play with 4 full backs and a disguised number 9 and phantom number 10 for a change, that should work!!
Dave, I didn't see the game last night but what I saw on highlights it could have been 8/9 to Wolves and only Stockdale kept them in the game. We only lost to 2 dead ball situations and in my mind some very dubious referee decisions. So assuming we can beat Stockdale we should win as we are still one of the best footballing sides in the division, just don't mention the finishing.

west kowloon white

Referee will be important: they have a physical core( bunch of thugs) to see off Fulham.

SP

Quote from: west kowloon white on December 05, 2017, 01:36:01 PM
Referee will be important: they have a physical core( bunch of thugs) to see off Fulham.

The ref will give them some freebies no doubt.  The lad Dean? who got sent off had a permanently vacant expression, not sure if he'll be missed?  Perhaps a role for Cisse if we need a more physical presence?

MikeW

Bill2:  Ref being one of the best teams in the League apart from the finishing, you missed a bit.  The defending!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Bill2

Quote from: MikeW on December 05, 2017, 04:53:40 PM
Bill2:  Ref being one of the best teams in the League apart from the finishing, you missed a bit.  The defending!
Mike, not sure what you mean by Ref being one of the best teams? Anyway, Wolves are the best team in the Championship, something I can't argue with but the refereeing in our match against them was something I can take issue with. In the first 49 minutes the ref managed to book all of our midfield plus, yet there was not one bad foul on the pitch. Only K Mc's was one I would agree with and I do not know why Norwood was booked. The Wolves player who scored one of the goals who was fouling anyone on the pitch, got booked and then 20 seconds later did another foul. The guy who put the freekicks in for the goals should have got a second card for a foul on Fredericks who he pushed in the back when RF had got passed him. The ref never even gave the foul. So would we have beaten Wolves when they were down to 9 men, don't know but!!!

Fernhurst

2-5 home loss to Birmingham saw Kit Symons depart, should any sort of loss be Jokanovic's nemesis?

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

RaySmith

Well, if we  failed to turn it round after that, then that game could be seen as pivotal.
Let's hope for a good result anyway:)
COYW!

copthornemike

Dean's unavailability due to the sending off may affect them more than Odioi's absence for us.

However I can forsee Stockdale playing a blinder - the hard part might be getting two past him!

We cannot keep clean sheets on a consistent basis so I expect us to concede one, particularly in the 10 minutes either side of half time. We had probems dealing with their Polish, very physical, centre forward last year and may well be a problem again.

But two goals should be enough to win. The deciding issue may be who scores first.

Woolly Mammoth

Failing to beat a struggling Brum team will put Jok in an uncomfortable position after last weeks debacle at Griffin Park. If we lose, well I dread to think.
However, it will also be the manner of the way we may lose or draw that will have an influence.
If we win,  beautifuly or ugly. Then a win is a win.
But even if the worst came to the worst, I am not sure at this stage whether it's wise to have a management change.
Jok hasn't done himself any favours with team selection and game management, substitutes and a lack of proactive decisions.
But who can come in and take his place and improve matters. that is available.
Also why would anyone worth their Sort want to come to Fulham and work with Amateurs at this club.
As for Birmingham on Saturday, well it could be a great opportunity to achieve a win and also perform, but then again we are talking about Fulham, so anything can happen.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.