watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

JAGS go 8-4

Started by Fulham Tup North, December 03, 2017, 10:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

049:gif 30 points to 10 win puts them in a strong position!!
Super Bowl is looking good!!  079.gif  :wow:  :yay:
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Woolly Mammoth

From 3000 miles away, please do not come any closer.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

Just another thing for Khan and Co to concentrate on instead of Fulham
I was there, standing in the Putney end

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

A happy Khan sports interest will lead to a Happy Khan supporting another sports interest............us
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

aaronmcguigan

Can't believe there's NO mention anywhere on the Jacksonville forum about recent Fulham match.
Expected to see a thread called FULHAM go 6-8-6!

😂😂

Woolly Mammoth

I always thought a super bowl was a Jimmy Anderson hatrick.

Never forget your Roots.

..FOF..

Hope they go to the SuperBowl and makes a lot of money and wired some into Fulham FC :)

Slaphead in Qatar

Serious question - how far are jags predicted to go this year? Are they Super Bowl contenders?

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 03, 2017, 11:34:44 PM

It's more enjoyable than following cricket at the moment

cookieg

Quote from: Newry FFC on December 04, 2017, 12:41:56 AM
Can't believe there's NO mention anywhere on the Jacksonville forum about recent Fulham match.
Expected to see a thread called FULHAM go 6-8-6!

😂😂
j

We might stand a chance of winning with that formation.

Forever Fulham

Jacksonville has been one of the two or three big surprises of the this year's NFL season.  Their defense is very very good.  Maybe best in the entire league.  A fine young quarterback, some good targets to throw to.  RogerinVirginia's post is right on--if his NFL football team makes him happy about owning a sports team, there should be some spillover effect on the real football team across the pond.  They are likely to make the playoffs.  That means a lot more income, TV coverage revenues, merchandise sales spikes.  He won't have to reach into his back pocket for more money for his NFL team.  They are quietly building something good in Jacksonville.  And hopefully Shad will turn more attention to Fulham now that he doesn't have to sweat his Jaguars so much any more. 

Southcoastffc

I wonder how many Fulham fans give a monkey's what happens in whatever sport the Jags play.  Certainly I don't.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 04, 2017, 08:35:44 AM
I wonder how many Fulham fans give a monkey's what happens in whatever sport the Jags play.  Certainly I don't.

I don't either, it's not even a Sport, it's more a game, wearing suits of armour to protect their frail little bodies.
Give me Ludo any day.

Never forget your Roots.

Buffalo76

Stuff the bloody Jags. The Bills are letting me down yet again 😠😠😠
That's it and that's all.

epsomraver

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 04, 2017, 08:35:44 AM
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

Forever Fulham

You have to look at the bigger picture.   He owns another team in a different sport.  A big money team in a much bigger money league.  It has to have been a source of real frustration to him.  Yet, he's poured money into that other team.  The stadium, the concessions, the shops, the expansion plans continue, the parking, the enormous Jumbotron video screen hoisted above the field, the nice locker facilities, the training facilities. Money going out.  Lots of money.  And finally he has a good product in an odd corner of the country.  Jacksonville, Florida.  Miami has its Dolphins NFL team.  Tampa Bay has its Buccaneers.  Not much room in the inn for a mediocre team given the population density within an easy drive of the stadium.  Picks up some eastern Georgia residents as fans.  But they have their Atlanta Falcons team.  Some South Carolina fans for sure.  St. Augustine too.  It's not New York, or London, or L.A.  Of course, he didn't pay the purchase price that attends a big media market club and team. 

No one is laughing at Jacksonville any more.  Not the laughing stock of the league.  The place where you go for an almost-assured win to pad your regular season record as you hope to make the lucrative playoffs.  Not any more.  They are for real.  Best defense in the league.  A quality team.   

You don't care about any of that, I know.  But you should.  Let's say you had two children.  You already know where I'm going with this, don't you?  One is bleeding you dry for money and you don't see any indication of a light at the end of the tunnel.  The other is across the ocean, in a huge city with rabid entrenched fans, a name known across the country, respected.  This other child--let's call him Fulham.  Was in the top league and for a long time when you adopted him.  At a price commensurate with the league and history of staying up.   Then it all goes south.  Revenue from TV rights gone.  Now in a league out of which it's hard to climb.  A merry-go-round of managers.  Good players leaving.  Nearly relegated further down not once but twice since then. 

To whom do you spend your available time and money assisting, getting actively involved.  When both are in a bad way, you devote yourself more to the team with more money at stake, more upside potential, the one likely to give you more personal strokes.  Adulation.  And all that.   But now that other team has its act together.  Things have turned around.  Looking good.  So now he can afford to turn his attention to Fulham, and see if he can't get him to graduate.  He doesn't own this team in a vacuum.  If Jacksonville remained a major drag, it might so upset him he might sell us to some weird Dr. No owner from Thailand that never takes off his sunglasses indoors, or a sheik or kleptocratic oligarch from a certain cold country, or a Rob Peter to Pay Paul hardware store chain owner from the Midlands, or god knows what. I like Shahid Khan.  He's approachable, a good guy, says the right things, won't embarrass the club, and in his own way is--and I don't know this for sure, but I believe it anyway--trying to do right by the club.  A happier Shad is an owner more likely to spread the cash to help younger son Fulham get to the next level.   

Twig

The above all makes sense FF and I care in the sense that it may induce Khan to put more focus and investment into Fulham. But I cannot bring myself to care about American Football.  To those who enjoy it, fine, it's just not for me.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on December 04, 2017, 04:41:11 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 03, 2017, 11:34:44 PM

It's more enjoyable than following cricket at the moment

I would rather French Kiss a Skunk than watch american football.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Buffalo76 on December 04, 2017, 03:51:02 PM
Stuff the bloody Jags. The Bills are letting me down yet again 😠😠😠

Did you know that Buffalo Bill is Cockney Slang for Birth Pill, and if I was forced against my will to support one of these teams, it would be the Buffalo Bills. Due to my connections with William Frederick Cody.

Never forget your Roots.

Penfold

I can't see how his US football team doing OK has any bearing on FFC. Totally different system - after a bad season do we get first shout on promising young players from top teams?  Of course not.