more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

JAGS go 8-4

Started by Fulham Tup North, December 03, 2017, 10:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on December 03, 2017, 10:54:38 PM
049:gif 30 points to 10 win puts them in a strong position!!
Super Bowl is looking good!!  079.gif  :wow:  :yay:
Thanks for posting these threads FTN, it's a shame that some people can't allow others to enjoy a different sport without slagging it off. Perhaps those who don't care for it could show some respect to the essence of the forum and refrain from posting. The same comments come out every time.

Back on track.... the Packers actually won and are still in the playoff picture  😊

e4b

Quote from: Barrett487 on December 04, 2017, 06:08:29 PM
Thanks for posting these threads FTN, it's a shame that some people can't allow others to enjoy a different sport without slagging it off. Perhaps those who don't care for it could show some respect to the essence of the forum and refrain from posting. The same comments come out every time.

Back on track.... the Packers actually won and are still in the playoff picture  😊
0001.jpeg

Barrett487

Quote from: e4b on December 04, 2017, 06:39:11 PM

0001.jpeg
Thanks for the like
0001.jpeg

Buffalo76

0001.jpeg

That's it and that's all.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 04, 2017, 05:50:47 PM
Quote from: Buffalo76 on December 04, 2017, 03:51:02 PM
Stuff the bloody Jags. The Bills are letting me down yet again 😠😠😠

Did you know that Buffalo Bill is Cockney Slang for Birth Pill, and if I was forced against my will to support one of these teams, it would be the Buffalo Bills. Due to my connections with William Frederick Cody.

Just be glad you don't support the Cleveland Browns!!  :)   0-12 & minus 132 points!
Good Season.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Forever Fulham

You know what they call Buffalo, New York?  The City of No Illusions.  You want a hard winter?  Go live in Buffalo.  :)

Woolly Mammoth

There were two Male Buffalo standing on top of a hill looking down into a valley at a herd of Female Buffalo.
The young Male Buffalo said to the older Male Buffalo. Let's gallop down the hill and grab a Female Buffalo each.
The older Buffalo replied, I have a better idea, let's stroll down the hill slowly and grab the whole herd.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Barrett487

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on December 04, 2017, 11:28:16 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 04, 2017, 05:50:47 PM
Quote from: Buffalo76 on December 04, 2017, 03:51:02 PM
Stuff the bloody Jags. The Bills are letting me down yet again 😠😠😠

Did you know that Buffalo Bill is Cockney Slang for Birth Pill, and if I was forced against my will to support one of these teams, it would be the Buffalo Bills. Due to my connections with William Frederick Cody.

Just be glad you don't support the Cleveland Browns!!  :)   0-12 & minus 132 points!
Good Season.

Packers play the Browns this week...... why do i sense they'll get their first win? They've got a good D.

Forever Fulham

My son is a Green Bay Packers fan, having spent a year and a half  at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, and in their soccer (football) program before transferring to NYU (thank god).  He loves the Packers.  The fans own the club.  No, really.   There's nothing quite like it in major league sports in the U.S.  He's also been a long time fan of Arsenal, but finds it hard to follow that club any more.  Like so many Arsenal fans, he quickly gets angry and argumentative on that topic... In any event, the Packers are in Wisconsin, famous as a dairy state.  And as a dairy state, cheese making is huge in Wisconsin.  A lot of the best domestic cheese comes out of Wisconsin.  As a result, probably the best sports fan head wear ever created -- the cheese hat -- became a staple fixture at Packers games and game watch parties.  And when you wear one, you're known as a cheese head.  The name eventually transcending the object and became a shorthand expression to identify Packers fans, as in, "Don't talk to that idiot.  He's a cheese head."   They've been known to wear those weighty triangular cheese wedge foam hats with no coat or shirt in the dead of winter at home games.  Brrrrr.   Here's a photo (hope you can open it): http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/green-bay-packer-fan-displays-his-cheese-head-during-a-1990-news-photo/81310716
Yeah, I even bought one.   But only because my son briefly went to school there.  The entire city drinks beer like you wouldn't believe.  Good people.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I follow 3 teams but rarely watch it

Washington Redskins    Wifes family
Jaguars                       Mr Khan
New ENGLAND Patriots     Obvious reasons
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

SG

Quote from: epsomraver on December 04, 2017, 04:04:29 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 04, 2017, 08:35:44 AM
I wonder how many Fulham fans give a monkey's what happens in whatever sport the Jags play.  Certainly I don't.
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

:plus one:
I couldn't give a flying one about that team. However if it means that Tony stays that side of the pond and allows the football people to run our club - as they say every cloud .....

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: SG on December 06, 2017, 09:04:30 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on December 04, 2017, 04:04:29 PM
I wonder how many Fulham fans give a monkey's what happens in whatever sport the Jags play.  Certainly I don't.
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

:plus one:
I couldn't give a flying one about that team. However if it means that Tony stays that side of the pond and allows the football people to run our club - as they say every cloud .....

........has a silver lining. 👍⚽️

Never forget your Roots.

General

I don't get what all the hype is about a bowl of soup

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: General on December 06, 2017, 01:11:20 PM
Some people just enjoy lapping it up!!
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on December 06, 2017, 05:37:05 PM
Quote from: General on December 06, 2017, 01:11:20 PM
Some people just enjoy lapping it up!!

Unless of course you are in the soup.

Never forget your Roots.

Barrett487

I'll be at the game tomorrow, and proudly wearing my Packers jacket. If any of you, who are interested in this thread, fancy saying hello, i'll be in the Hammy end with a fellow FoFer.

Even if you're not into the sport... say hello :)   :54:

049:gif

Southcoastffc

I've only just seen this post. respect, yes of course, but why not have a separate forum for this different sport? (Or perhaps the mods would consider a request to set up a different category in the forum).  The site is called Friends of Fulham not Friends of Jags.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 09, 2017, 09:34:13 AM

I've only just seen this post. respect, yes of course, but why not have a separate forum for this different sport? (Or perhaps the mods would consider a request to set up a different category in the forum).  The site is called Friends of Fulham not Friends of Jags.

I don't want to sound unfriendly or without a lack of understanding. But to me its an alien game that I feel has less content than paper, rock, scissors, and reduces the effect of discussing a real and proper Sport, Association Football played by men and women all over the world.
Whereas this bowl game which is in comparison, apart from not being part of our culture, is not worthy of being on the same board as Association Football.
This non sporting Mickey Mouse full of endless hype event should be on another Forum, perhaps a Cartoon Forum, as that's all it is a Cartoon.
Full of little boys afraid to pick up a bruise or two, in suits of armour doing high fives just because somebody broke wind.
It's lowering the tone of our interlectral debates on a real Sport.
Of course I can walk on by and ignore it, but why should I, and the temptation to make a comment or two is far too tempting, as you more or less set yourselves up for it, although you may not understand that.
I feel I have more empathy with the daily life of a Dung Beetle than the Jags, which I give absolutely no thought about whatsoever. I am a Fulham FC Supporter.
Apart from that I can just about live with it, which is what I said before the Doctor lanced a painful boil under my armpit when I was 12 years old.

Never forget your Roots.

Barrett487

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 09, 2017, 10:48:30 AM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 09, 2017, 09:34:13 AM

I don't want to sound unfriendly or without a lack of understanding. But to me its an alien game that I feel has less content than paper, rock, scissors, and reduces the effect of discussing a real and proper Sport, Association Football played by men and women all over the world.
Whereas this bowl game which is in comparison, apart from not being part of our culture, is not worthy of being on the same board as Association Football.
This non sporting Mickey Mouse full of endless hype event should be on another Forum, perhaps a Cartoon Forum, as that's all it is a Cartoon.
Full of little boys afraid to pick up a bruise or two, in suits of armour doing high fives just because somebody broke wind.
It's lowering the tone of our interlectral debates on a real Sport.
Of course I can walk on by and ignore it, but why should I, and the temptation to make a comment or two is far too tempting, as you more or less set yourselves up for it, although you may not understand that.
I feel I have more empathy with the daily life of a Dung Beetle than the Jags, which I give absolutely no thought about whatsoever. I am a Fulham FC Supporter.
Apart from that I can just about live with it, which is what I said before the Doctor lanced a painful boil under my armpit when I was 12 years old.

Ignorance is no excuse to criticise Woolley. I have no issue with you not liking the game, just how you delight in berating others for what they like.

As for Southfields comments, i almost entirely agree with his post. This isn't an American Football forum, but as the subject was brought up, just like any NFR subject, i will comment if i wish. This isn't a joke forum, however you don't complain about such threads.

The fact that this thread has lasted for a few days is unfortunate, as it is not about FFC, but we don't all have to abide by your tastes.

EJL

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 04, 2017, 03:34:45 PM

I don't either, it's not even a Sport, it's more a game, wearing suits of armour to protect their frail little bodies.
Give me Ludo any day.
If you did just ten seconds of research into American football, you'd feel silly for taking the piss out of them wearing pads. This is coming from someone who doesn't like the sport.