watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bartosz Bialkowski

Started by Mince n Tatties, December 04, 2017, 07:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Friend of mine here in Suffolk staunch Ipswich fan was telling me this afternoon that we are lining up a January move for their Polish Keeper,with Bettenelli included in the fee..He's normally in the know regarding Ipswich affairs.

Asotosyios

With his contract expiring in June, perhaps we don't have to include Bettinelli.
I really rate him - think he is a great keeper.

filham

That sounds interesting but I wonder if the keeper has had a chance to say thank you but no thank you yet.

FFC1987

Have to question whether he'd want to come....Ipswich doing better than us.

sarnian

Better wages and contract is all that most players desire.

Riversider

Alex Smithies at QPR should be our first choice target, they are desperate to sell players at the moment, I'd take Luke Freeman as well to give us some creative midfield cover.

One James stannard

Quote from: Riversider on December 05, 2017, 01:54:34 PM
Alex Smithies at QPR should be our first choice target, they are desperate to sell players at the moment, I'd take Luke Freeman as well to give us some creative midfield cover.

Alex smithies is a quality keeper I think he would be great for us but I think betts should be given a chance before we go in for anyone else, I feel for the guy!

grandad

Smithies has recently caught the Button disease. Some costly errors.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

I would take both players, they would certainly strengthen us, and there would not be the ridiculous scenario of settling in, acclimatising  and having their hand held.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

David I

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 05, 2017, 08:46:00 PM

I would take both players, they would certainly strengthen us, and there would not be the ridiculous scenario of settling in, acclimatising  and having their hand held.
Exactly the type of players that we need... those proven and able to do a job in this league.

Out of all the players we have signed with no English Championship - how many have been a success comparfed against those with ECL experience?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: David I on December 06, 2017, 09:21:13 PM

Exactly the type of players that we need... those proven and able to do a job in this league.

Out of all the players we have signed with no English Championship - how many have been a success comparfed against those with ECL experience?

Hmmm I cannot think of any off the top of my head. 😁

Never forget your Roots.

hopper

Jonaldiniho 88

Stupid comparison when so many have already shown we have good and bad buys from everywhere.  That is the norm and to be expected. I do find it hard to explain that we have such a bright youth team who scout everywhere,  yet cant follow or even use those same scouts to identify championship talent

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 06, 2017, 09:37:38 PM

Really? Think harder

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on December 06, 2017, 10:36:00 PM

Really? Think harder

I have lost my memory, and I cannot remember where.

I have always had a bad memory, as far back as I can remember.

The good thing about memory loss is that you are always making new friends.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 06, 2017, 11:19:40 PM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on December 06, 2017, 10:36:00 PM

Really? Think harder

I have lost my memory, and I cannot remember where.

I have always had a bad memory, as far back as I can remember.

The good thing about memory loss is that you are always making new friends.

My memory has returned, and I still cannot think of anyone.

Never forget your Roots.

David I

Quote from: Twig on December 06, 2017, 11:28:51 PM

It's a stupid comment and if not verging on the xenophobic it is certainly myopic.  As others have pointed out there are plenty of examples, one could also ask how many with Championship experience have been a success, of course the answer is some but not all.
063.gif Haha... what a tool  064.gif - how can you even consider the above comment Xenophobic or myopic - m*r*onic!! The reason behind the question is that the the ECL and EPL are much more physical which takes a certain type of player.
9739.gif 9739.gif 9739.gif

JoelH5

Would take him in a heart beat. Big upgrade IMO
I was there, standing in the Putney end

JoelH5

Quote from: David I on December 07, 2017, 09:11:05 AM

It's a stupid comment and if not verging on the xenophobic it is certainly myopic.  As others have pointed out there are plenty of examples, one could also ask how many with Championship experience have been a success, of course the answer is some but not all.
063.gif Haha... what a tool  064.gif - how can you even consider the above comment Xenophobic or myopic - m*r*onic!! The reason behind the question is that the the ECL and EPL are much more physical which takes a certain type of player.

Bit off piste and I guess I'm getting old but.. what does this candle emoji craze actually mean?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

David I

Quote from: JoelH5 on December 07, 2017, 10:04:57 AM
Quote from: David I on December 07, 2017, 09:11:05 AM

Bit off piste and I guess I'm getting old but.. what does this candle emoji craze actually mean?
JoelH the candle Emojis were off piste and no relation to comments just emoji mad... perhaps subconciously meaning peace or a baying pack of candle wielding villagers ... apparently we are not allowed "middle finger emojis"