Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: David I on December 07, 2017, 12:23:13 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on December 07, 2017, 10:04:57 AM
Quote from: David I on December 07, 2017, 09:11:05 AM
Quote from: Twig on December 06, 2017, 11:28:51 PM
Quote from: David I on December 06, 2017, 09:21:13 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 05, 2017, 08:46:00 PM
Quote from: Riversider on December 05, 2017, 01:54:34 PM
Alex Smithies at QPR should be our first choice target, they are desperate to sell players at the moment, I'd take Luke Freeman as well to give us some creative midfield cover.

I would take both players, they would certainly strengthen us, and there would not be the ridiculous scenario of settling in, acclimatising  and having their hand held.
Exactly the type of players that we need... those proven and able to do a job in this league.

Out of all the players we have signed with no English Championship - how many have been a success comparfed against those with ECL experience?

It's a stupid comment and if not verging on the xenophobic it is certainly myopic.  As others have pointed out there are plenty of examples, one could also ask how many with Championship experience have been a success, of course the answer is some but not all.
063.gif Haha... what a tool  064.gif - how can you even consider the above comment Xenophobic or myopic - m*r*onic!! The reason behind the question is that the the ECL and EPL are much more physical which takes a certain type of player.
9739.gif 9739.gif 9739.gif

Bit off piste and I guess I'm getting old but.. what does this candle emoji craze actually mean?
JoelH the candle Emojis were off piste and no relation to comments just emoji mad... perhaps subconciously meaning peace or a baying pack of candle wielding villagers ... apparently we are not allowed "middle finger emojis"

The candles are the lights we never see, at the end of the tunnel.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: David I on December 07, 2017, 09:11:05 AM
Quote from: Twig on December 06, 2017, 11:28:51 PM
Quote from: David I on December 06, 2017, 09:21:13 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 05, 2017, 08:46:00 PM
Quote from: Riversider on December 05, 2017, 01:54:34 PM
Alex Smithies at QPR should be our first choice target, they are desperate to sell players at the moment, I'd take Luke Freeman as well to give us some creative midfield cover.

I would take both players, they would certainly strengthen us, and there would not be the ridiculous scenario of settling in, acclimatising  and having their hand held.
Exactly the type of players that we need... those proven and able to do a job in this league.

Out of all the players we have signed with no English Championship - how many have been a success comparfed against those with ECL experience?

It's a stupid comment and if not verging on the xenophobic it is certainly myopic.  As others have pointed out there are plenty of examples, one could also ask how many with Championship experience have been a success, of course the answer is some but not all.
063.gif Haha... what a tool  064.gif - how can you even consider the above comment Xenophobic or myopic - m*r*onic!! The reason behind the question is that the the ECL and EPL are much more physical which takes a certain type of player.
9739.gif 9739.gif 9739.gif

You are exactly right David 1, I am afraid poor old Twig has been got at, and brainwashed by the dreaded P C Brigade.

Never forget your Roots.

FFC1987

copthornemike

Anyway - getting back to the OP!!!

Bialkowski was excellent for Ipswich throughout last year and played well in our away win v Ipswich earier in the season. An excellent shot stopper so may be better than our current two in that respect. However how he would do with our short ball game is another matter, Mick McCarthy is much more pragmatic than SJ in that he does not mind if his GK simply hoofs the ball away from any danger.

Smithies would however be an excellent call - I am surprised no Premeiership club have bid for him to date.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes Alex Smithies is a good shout, and he will not have to travel far.

Never forget your Roots.

KayneWerrins

Bialkowski is a brilliant goalkeeper at this level.

To think Ipswich got him on a free.

Quote from: copthornemike on December 07, 2017, 06:28:13 PM
Anyway - getting back to the OP!!!

Bialkowski was excellent for Ipswich throughout last year and played well in our away win v Ipswich earier in the season. An excellent shot stopper so may be better than our current two in that respect. However how he would do with our short ball game is another matter, Mick McCarthy is much more pragmatic than SJ in that he does not mind if his GK simply hoofs the ball away from any danger.

Smithies would however be an excellent call - I am surprised no Premeiership club have bid for him to date.