Main Menu

JAGS go 8-4

Started by Fulham Tup North, December 03, 2017, 10:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: EJL on December 10, 2017, 01:35:17 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 04, 2017, 03:34:45 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 04, 2017, 08:35:44 AM
I wonder how many Fulham fans give a monkey's what happens in whatever sport the Jags play.  Certainly I don't.

I don't either, it's not even a Sport, it's more a game, wearing suits of armour to protect their frail little bodies.
Give me Ludo any day.
If you did just ten seconds of research into American football, you'd feel silly for taking the piss out of them wearing pads. This is coming from someone who doesn't like the sport.
When you have walked in my shoes then you can count yourself qualified to make such a statement, but of course you aren't.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Barrett487 on December 09, 2017, 10:23:57 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 09, 2017, 10:48:30 AM
049:gif
Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 09, 2017, 09:34:13 AM
Quote from: Barrett487 on December 04, 2017, 06:08:29 PM
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on December 03, 2017, 10:54:38 PM
049:gif 30 points to 10 win puts them in a strong position!!
Super Bowl is looking good!!  079.gif  :wow:  :yay:
Thanks for posting these threads FTN, it's a shame that some people can't allow others to enjoy a different sport without slagging it off. Perhaps those who don't care for it could show some respect to the essence of the forum and refrain from posting. The same comments come out every time.

Back on track.... the Packers actually won and are still in the playoff picture  😊
I've only just seen this post. respect, yes of course, but why not have a separate forum for this different sport? (Or perhaps the mods would consider a request to set up a different category in the forum).  The site is called Friends of Fulham not Friends of Jags.

I don't want to sound unfriendly or without a lack of understanding. But to me its an alien game that I feel has less content than paper, rock, scissors, and reduces the effect of discussing a real and proper Sport, Association Football played by men and women all over the world.
Whereas this bowl game which is in comparison, apart from not being part of our culture, is not worthy of being on the same board as Association Football.
This non sporting Mickey Mouse full of endless hype event should be on another Forum, perhaps a Cartoon Forum, as that's all it is a Cartoon.
Full of little boys afraid to pick up a bruise or two, in suits of armour doing high fives just because somebody broke wind.
It's lowering the tone of our interlectral debates on a real Sport.
Of course I can walk on by and ignore it, but why should I, and the temptation to make a comment or two is far too tempting, as you more or less set yourselves up for it, although you may not understand that.
I feel I have more empathy with the daily life of a Dung Beetle than the Jags, which I give absolutely no thought about whatsoever. I am a Fulham FC Supporter.
Apart from that I can just about live with it, which is what I said before the Doctor lanced a painful boil under my armpit when I was 12 years old.

Ignorance is no excuse to criticise Woolley. I have no issue with you not liking the game, just how you delight in berating others for what they like.

As for Southfields comments, i almost entirely agree with his post. This isn't an American Football forum, but as the subject was brought up, just like any NFR subject, i will comment if i wish. This isn't a joke forum, however you don't complain about such threads.

The fact that this thread has lasted for a few days is unfortunate, as it is not about FFC, but we don't all have to abide by your tastes.
I agree with you on one thing, it is most unfortunate it has lasted as long as it has.

Never forget your Roots.

FortCollinsFulham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 10, 2017, 02:11:38 AM
Quote from: Barrett487 on December 09, 2017, 10:23:57 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 09, 2017, 10:48:30 AM
049:gif
Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 09, 2017, 09:34:13 AM
Quote from: Barrett487 on December 04, 2017, 06:08:29 PM
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on December 03, 2017, 10:54:38 PM
049:gif 30 points to 10 win puts them in a strong position!!
Super Bowl is looking good!!  079.gif  :wow:  :yay:
Thanks for posting these threads FTN, it's a shame that some people can't allow others to enjoy a different sport without slagging it off. Perhaps those who don't care for it could show some respect to the essence of the forum and refrain from posting. The same comments come out every time.

Back on track.... the Packers actually won and are still in the playoff picture  😊
I've only just seen this post. respect, yes of course, but why not have a separate forum for this different sport? (Or perhaps the mods would consider a request to set up a different category in the forum).  The site is called Friends of Fulham not Friends of Jags.

I don't want to sound unfriendly or without a lack of understanding. But to me its an alien game that I feel has less content than paper, rock, scissors, and reduces the effect of discussing a real and proper Sport, Association Football played by men and women all over the world.
Whereas this bowl game which is in comparison, apart from not being part of our culture, is not worthy of being on the same board as Association Football.
This non sporting Mickey Mouse full of endless hype event should be on another Forum, perhaps a Cartoon Forum, as that's all it is a Cartoon.
Full of little boys afraid to pick up a bruise or two, in suits of armour doing high fives just because somebody broke wind.
It's lowering the tone of our interlectral debates on a real Sport.
Of course I can walk on by and ignore it, but why should I, and the temptation to make a comment or two is far too tempting, as you more or less set yourselves up for it, although you may not understand that.
I feel I have more empathy with the daily life of a Dung Beetle than the Jags, which I give absolutely no thought about whatsoever. I am a Fulham FC Supporter.
Apart from that I can just about live with it, which is what I said before the Doctor lanced a painful boil under my armpit when I was 12 years old.

Ignorance is no excuse to criticise Woolley. I have no issue with you not liking the game, just how you delight in berating others for what they like.

As for Southfields comments, i almost entirely agree with his post. This isn't an American Football forum, but as the subject was brought up, just like any NFR subject, i will comment if i wish. This isn't a joke forum, however you don't complain about such threads.

The fact that this thread has lasted for a few days is unfortunate, as it is not about FFC, but we don't all have to abide by your tastes.
I agree with you on one thing, it is most unfortunate it has lasted as long as it has.

The irony of course being that you have the most posts in this thread and continue prodding it along by constantly moaning about it.
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

EJL

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 10, 2017, 02:07:35 AM
I wonder how many Fulham fans give a monkey's what happens in whatever sport the Jags play.  Certainly I don't.

I don't either, it's not even a Sport, it's more a game, wearing suits of armour to protect their frail little bodies.
Give me Ludo any day.
If you did just ten seconds of research into American football, you'd feel silly for taking the piss out of them wearing pads. This is coming from someone who doesn't like the sport.
When you have walked in my shoes then you can count yourself qualified to make such a statement, but of course you aren't.

Dunno what walking in your shoes has to do with anything when your contributions to this thread show you don't know what you're talking about. "Little boys who are afraid to pick up a bruise." It's literally one of the most dangerous sports out there, regardless of whether you think it lacks skill or content. There are guys who can sprint near-Olympic pace with the physique of heavyweight boxers, running into each other at full speed over and over again during matches. The pads stop people from dying. Again, just take ten seconds to Google NFL's history with concussions and neck injuries rather than getting offended about people forming judgements based on your own comments.

Twig

Quote from: EJL on December 10, 2017, 04:17:08 AM

Give me Ludo any day.

Dunno what walking in your shoes has to do with anything when your contributions to this thread show you don't know what you're talking about. "Little boys who are afraid to pick up a bruise." It's literally one of the most dangerous sports out there, regardless of whether you think it lacks skill or content. There are guys who can sprint near-Olympic pace with the physique of heavyweight boxers, running into each other at full speed over and over again during matches. The pads stop people from dying. Again, just take ten seconds to Google NFL's history with concussions and neck injuries rather than getting offended about people forming judgements based on your own comments.

Plus one, and that coming from someone who is not into the sport at all. But then i'm not into modern pentathlon, doesn't mean I insult those who participate and take the mick out of the sport.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on December 10, 2017, 10:22:56 AM
Quote from: EJL on December 10, 2017, 04:17:08 AM

Give me Ludo any day.

Plus one, and that coming from someone who is not into the sport at all. But then i'm not into modern pentathlon, doesn't mean I insult those who participate and take the mick out of the sport.

0001.gif
Don't make me laugh,  064.gif bunch of Snowflakes the lot of you.
It proves what a stupid game it is, when a player wears a suit of armour and still gets himself injured, brains of a rocking horse.

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham Tup North

Seattle Seahawks tonight.  Both 8-4:
Tough game for the Jags!
Win this and the rest of the run-in looks better.
To Jags. 😁
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"