watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Birmingham City injury crisis

Started by Riversider, December 08, 2017, 11:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Apparently according to their manager they have got an horrendous injury crisis tomorrow and that he can't reveal the details of which until Saturday afternoon !
So then , were up against a struggling side with an injury crisis, no excuses we must take advantage, Brentford tried to help us out last week with Vibe going off after 17 minutes and yet we still lost , this Saturday we must take full advantage,
No more Sessegnon at left back, No more Johansen at centre forward (or wherever it was that he was playing )
Round pegs in Round holes please Jokanovic, were vastly underperforming in a very weak league, it's about time that our manager started to get things right , starting against a very poor Birmingham City side  .

ScalleysDad

Sess in the back four will key as to the notion some of us have in that there is no plan. Unleashed as he was at Sheffield United with a home crowd and a game plan that says 'back him up and look for the gaps' and points could be ours. If the team sheet comes out and he is at LB and Ruiz is a lone striker the cat had better be quick. I know Odoi is missing but Madl in the back four surely?

Snibbo

Fred suspended too. The other Sess at RB?

I'll scream if Ryan Sess is LB again

sarnian

FRED is NOT suspended. Cut off was 19 games and he received 5th booking in 20th game

Riversider

Quote from: Statto on December 08, 2017, 02:38:03 PM
They have got at least 4 players that would walk into our first XI, that's almost half a team, so I don't think the gulf between our squads is as great as you make out. And we have a crisis of our own to contend with if Ream and Odoi are both out.

A draw certainly wouldn't be the end of the world

Don't talk rubbish, they are an awful side having an awful season, and on top of all that this weekend they've got an horrific injury crisis,
What people like you always fail to take in to consideration is this, we have two players in our side that 4 months ago were valued at a combined £50 million pounds, how many other sides can say that ? (Including Wolves)
And yet with such an embarrassment of riches we still find ourselves below the likes of Brentford, Preston,Ipswich and Bristol City !
For £50 million you could buy the entire Birmingham squad and their stadium.
No excuses tomorrow, I fully expect a better performance than we witnessed against Millwall and fully expect another 3 points.

KayneWerrins

I'm concerned that if we don't win, SJ is out.

Quote from: Riversider on December 08, 2017, 11:30:15 AM
Apparently according to their manager they have got an horrendous injury crisis tomorrow and that he can't reveal the details of which until Saturday afternoon !
So then , were up against a struggling side with an injury crisis, no excuses we must take advantage, Brentford tried to help us out last week with Vibe going off after 17 minutes and yet we still lost , this Saturday we must take full advantage,
No more Sessegnon at left back, No more Johansen at centre forward (or wherever it was that he was playing )
Round pegs in Round holes please Jokanovic, were vastly underperforming in a very weak league, it's about time that our manager started to get things right , starting against a very poor Birmingham City side  .

KayneWerrins

They have got at least 4 players that would walk into our first XI, that's almost half a team, so I don't think the gulf between our squads is as great as you make out. And we have a crisis of our own to contend with if Ream and Odoi are both out.

Birmingham are dreadful.

Three points required.

Burt

So then , were up against a struggling side with an injury crisis, no excuses

Doesn't "Fulhamish" count as an excuse?

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: KayneWerrins on December 08, 2017, 04:00:32 PM
I'm concerned that if we don't win, SJ is out.

A poor result against Brum this Saturday, followed by a 'Fulhamish' loss to Sunderland, and he'll be gone, that you can be certain of.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Statto on December 08, 2017, 03:49:44 PM
Also worth noting that with our current turmoil and the cold weather, the home fans will no doubt be in full "library" mode, whereas Birmingham will bring 3,000 vocal fans, so this is effectively an away game

I was significantly more confident of a win going into the Sheffield United game than I am today

I suppose Birmingham is not going to be a good example but there are some big open spaces in the Putney End and on the edges of the Hammy End these days?

A point as you say should be in the mix but no points and the fat lady will be taking a sip of water and gargling

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Burt on December 08, 2017, 05:02:30 PM

Also a bit if a bogey team at the Cottage,they've only lost 3 of last 19 visits here.😠

Wingnut

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 08, 2017, 05:40:38 PM
Also a bit if a bogey team at the Cottage,they've only lost 3 of last 19 visits here.😠

Knew they were a bogey team for us but didn't realise it was that bad. Watched some of their fan videos online and scoring goals is a big concern for them. A good number of their fans are worried about relegation this season.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Keynsham

It will be quiet, it nearly always is quiet. I'm just glad people are finally starting to realise that it's got bugger all to do with acoustics.

MrD1879

Soares starting for the u23 tonight so guessing we all know where sess will be playing tomorrow  :dead horse:

filham

All of the above is making me think tomorrow could easily be a boring 0-2 defeat for us, nothing around to make me think more optimistically.

Fulham 442

Nothing less than three points for us tomorrow is acceptable imo but lets get behind the team.  As dear old Delia said "We need a 12th man here.........."!

epsomraver

Quote from: Riversider on December 08, 2017, 03:53:14 PM

Don't talk rubbish, they are an awful side having an awful season, and on top of all that this weekend they've got an horrific injury crisis,
What people like you always fail to take in to consideration is this, we have two players in our side that 4 months ago were valued at a combined £50 million pounds, how many other sides can say that ? (Including Wolves)
And yet with such an embarrassment of riches we still find ourselves below the likes of Brentford, Preston,Ipswich and Bristol City !
For £50 million you could buy the entire Birmingham squad and their stadium.
No excuses tomorrow, I fully expect a better performance than we witnessed against Millwall and fully expect another 3 points.
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg

epsomraver

049:gif 0001.jpeg

Fernhurst

Have never liked  Birmingham City since the Maestro got sent off for the one and only time in his career.
All due to to a dirty wee naf called Bertie Auld.

Don't hold a grudge....... much
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

The Rock

I was thinking the same thing. Injury plagued side away from home in the cold at the bottom of the table? Easy 3 points for them, we might as well play the reserves.