more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Birmingham City injury crisis

Started by Riversider, December 08, 2017, 11:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: Statto on December 08, 2017, 03:49:44 PM
Also worth noting that with our current turmoil and the cold weather, the home fans will no doubt be in full "library" mode, whereas Birmingham will bring 3,000 vocal fans, so this is effectively an away game

I was significantly more confident of a win going into the Sheffield United game than I am today

What, are you suggesting that us southern softies lose the use of our vocal chords more quickly in the cold than those tough Brummies?  Not convinced personally.  We will win, keep the faith!

BestOfBrede

No wonder the team are playing without confidence
The supporters claim a loss days before kick off!

093.gif before kick off

grandad

Birmingham's growing injury list has become "critical" according to boss Steve Cotterill.

With defender Harlee Dean suspended after his red card in Monday's 1-0 loss to Wolves, Cotterill may dip into the club's under-23 squad to boost numbers.

A host of players are struggling for fitness including goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak (groin), Maxime Colin and Jason Lowe (both hamstring), Isaac Vassell and David Davis (both knee) and Craig Gardner (calf).
Where there's a will there's a wife

JoelH5

It's probably just a big ruse and they're all fit!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

filham

The awful thing is that a lot of us are all half expecting not to win today, shows how bad we have become.

S.F.Sorrow

I don't know how bad their injury situation is but I have a really bad feeling about this one.

This will probably be a typical game of Fulham vs "poorer" side. We will have 60-70% possession and they will still get twice as many shots on goal.

Wasn't it last season away vs Birmingham that Ream was absolutely destroyed by Lukas Jutkiewitcz in the air? If they start pumping crosses towards Jutkiewitcz/Ream (and they will) we'll be in big trouble.

If there was ever a time to start Madl, or even Djalo, this is it.

Looks like it will be Sess at left back again with Odoi suspended and Soares playing for the U23s last night. Such a waste. If Soares still isn't good enough to start... we're basically paying to act as Porto's physios. Him starting in the U23a is just denying one of our youngsters game time and experience. What a joke! I still can't decide whether Soares or Fonte was the worst signing. At least Soares didn't cost us a fortune.

Hoping for Kamara to start and score the winner!  049:gif

Woolly Mammoth

Both Soares and Fonte were poor signings, let's not kid ourselves, and there are too many of them for comfort.
As for Birmingham's alledged injury crisis, I take that with a pinch of salt. Probably a load of old flannel for gullible people.
But it's come to something when we have to appear to rely on the misfortune of opponents to give our team any chance at all.
Which tells us all that we are very much batting on a sticky wicket. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

We should forget about Birmingham's so-called  injury crisis - 11 v 11 on the day.

And, as said, it is  Fulhamish to lose any game predicted  an 'easy' win.

Need to roll our sleeves up and battle today, give it our all-
COYW!!!!! :clap_hands:

davew

I am more concerned about our team selection today, wonder what little gems Joka will come up with today (lol)?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Yes it really is roll your sleeves up time, and I include the supporters on this occasion as well. There has to be fire in our bellies today all round, and start sweating blood.
Anything less than three point will be extremely dissapointing.
Jok cannot afford to have any passengers in the team today, and he must try and make sure he selects the best starting 11. Including playing players in their best positions, and he has to have a little more faith in some fring players.
Maybe he will decide to go for a little more youth, or at least include them in the squad, they cannot perform any worse.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 09, 2017, 02:00:38 PM
Yes it really is roll your sleeves up time, and I include the supporters on this occasion as well. There has to be fire in our bellies today all round, and start sweating blood.
Jok cannot afford to have any passengers in the team today, and he must try and make sure he selects the best starting 11. Including playing players in their best positions, and he has to have a little more faith in some fring players.
Maybe he will decide to go for a little more youth, or at least include them in the squad, they cannot perform any worse.
I hope you have text him a copy of your posting?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on December 09, 2017, 01:57:54 PM
I am more concerned about our team selection today, wonder what little gems Joka will come up with today (lol)?

and so say all of us davew, is it a case of pinning the tail on the Donkey. Or will Jok sit down and consider playing the best player in each position. No more triangular pegs in oblong holes.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on December 09, 2017, 02:03:30 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 09, 2017, 02:00:38 PM
I hope you have text him a copy of your posting?

In Triplicate Sir.

Never forget your Roots.

SP

The Blues at home to QPR next week, should be interesting.