watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham submit plans for new Riverside Stand

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 01, 2017, 06:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

Tony Khan must have asked his dad for a cowboy outfit when he was younger. The delivery is ongoing as pop is in the process of creating one in SW6.

Fernhurst

Quote from: flyingfish on December 06, 2017, 08:47:51 AM
Quote from: Statto on December 05, 2017, 09:08:24 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on December 05, 2017, 08:48:19 PM
Quote from: flyingfish on December 05, 2017, 08:18:31 PM
Why is it going backwards? What on earthbare you talking about?

As someone said above.... 'A couple of months ago we had planning permission, a developer and plans to start next year, now all of a sudden we have NO permission, and NO developer !

All true unfortunately. That's what I'm talking about

Agreed. And Khan and the club have lied to us before. So if I may quote George W, There's an old saying in Tennessee/Texas that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

But this is just not true. There is stiall a planning permission it hasnt gone away. There was no developer. Its not like they started is it? The latest iteration is superior from a real estate perspectuie and the pricess shows diligence on the part of the khans.  I work in the development industry and mahor developments like this are constantly reappraised and often successuve planning consents are sought. Once the initial principles are established a diligent landowber will see what else they can do and improve in. Development is an interative process and id be more concenred had they just merrily started digging away in the old consnet  when it is obvious to anyone who has any feeling at all for property that there is so much more value to be squeezed from the site which ultimately will be for the good of the club.

Also a planning application itself requires commitment. It is not drawn up in an afternoon. It takes months and just the application itself will cost north of about 500k to prepare. The fact that they bothered shows intent.  Sorry but they cannot be faulted on this.

So good to read some solid professional insight opposed to the normal Chairman bashing rhetoric!
These delays and improvements are perfectly normal in a project this size and is somewhat reassuring the piper who plays the tune is determined to provide an iconic Riverside structure to benefit not only the football club but the entire Fulham area.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

VicHalomsLovechild

"Go West London" reported in May that the Chairman had delayed the building work (two weeks before it was due to start) so we could maximise ticket revenues and a review on the new stand could be undertaken. Planning permission for that stand/design would still be in place.
I'm pretty sure MJG posted that as the new new stand was radically different from the old new stand another application had to be made.
I'd have to agree with Fernhurst. Being that the Club have a unique ground in a unique place any building work should try and live up to that. I'm probably biased but I feel part of the action watching football at the Cottage unlike other grounds that simply don't have a soul.

toshes mate

Quote from: ron on December 06, 2017, 05:25:51 PM
Tony Khan must have asked his dad for a cowboy outfit when he was younger. The delivery is ongoing as pop is in the process of creating one in SW6.
+1
Danny Murphy sums it up elsewhere and I especially like the 'walk on water' analogy he uses.  Perhaps the Khans and company should learn to walk on London SW6 6HH soil first.

Holders

I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt; he's said all the right things in the past but when they mainly don't happen it'd be nice to hear from him in the form of an update. That could deflect a lot of the criticism/doubt that he receives. It would be particularly good to hear from him on recruitment policy post-Kline and whether the head coach will now get the support he wants.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

fulhaman

Does anyone know when the counsel will be looking and hopefully agreeing these plans?

MJG

Quote from: fulhaman on December 08, 2017, 09:25:32 PM
Does anyone know when the counsel will be looking and hopefully agreeing these plans?
was told it would be looking at feb/Mar planning meetings, but tbc.
Just the views of a long term fan