watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just Got Back

Started by Peabody, December 09, 2017, 06:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

And had me dinner. Well, we did enough but it was very scrappy. Birmingham are the worst team, apart from David Stockdale, who was the difference and saved them from a right tonking,. Can we have him back please.

snarks

Agree. I was bemoaning stockdale being in the opposition goal, I still blame felix for that amongst other things

Fernhurst

Good shout Mr P - Stockdale well  impressive .......
I'm a really old time supporter but you've been going since the year I was born!!.... Your "Just got back" posts are now officially legendary!

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

SP

Great to see one of the 'worst players in our history' put in a good shift & score the winner.

049:gif

Fernhurst

Rolls Royce of a player, we are lucky to have him this season.

Let's all compare him with our wonder kid..... he holds up well by comparison IMHO
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: SP on December 09, 2017, 07:20:02 PM
Great to see one of the 'worst players in our history' put in a good shift & score the winner.

Quote from: Fernhurst on December 09, 2017, 07:25:31 PM

Let's all compare him with our wonder kid..... he holds up well by comparison IMHO

You're having a laugh!! Watch the match over again and the only thing he did was score the goal. He kept loosing the ball and most of his passes to other players were too short or to long. He should have come off a lot sooner.

snarks

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on December 09, 2017, 08:15:18 PM

You're having a laugh!! Watch the match over again and the only thing he did was score the goal. He kept loosing the ball and most of his passes to other players were too short or to long. He should have come off a lot sooner.

We all see different things, I was with a friend who hadn't seen Fulham this season and he thought Ojo looked good, with pace and skill (also thought he should have buried the chance he had in the 2nd half)

bog

Quote from: Peabody on December 09, 2017, 06:51:46 PM
And had me dinner. Well, we did enough but it was very scrappy. Birmingham are the worst team, apart from David Stockdale, who was the difference and saved them from a right tonking,. Can we have him back please.

Evening Peabody. I always look for your 'just got back' posts and abide fully with them. Thanks. Our season turned last year when Bettinelli came in.....

092.gif   

davew

Not in a position to really judge him until I actually watch the match replay 2moro, but going by GJ's commentary it seems he misses a golden opportunity to score every match he plays. He is better than some we signed in the Summer, but not sure he is as good as Piazon, Aluko or Ayite?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Peabody

Ojo like Sess is still very young and both are learning their trade. In my opinion, too many young players are judged as though they are the finished product and of course they are not. I, like a good few others remember when Cohen, Macedo and Mullery were introduced into the first team when they were teenagers, in fact Macedo was doing his National Service. They, all three were given every opportunity. And became the great players that their promise said they would become. You must remember that DaveW.

SP

Quote from: Peabody on December 09, 2017, 08:46:44 PM
Ojo like Sess is still very young and both are learning their trade. In my opinion, too many young players are judged as though they are the finished product and of course they are not. I, like a good few others remember when Cohen, Macedo and Mullery were introduced into the first team when they were teenagers, in fact Macedo was doing his National Service. They, all three were given every opportunity. And became the great players that their promise said they would become. You must remember that DaveW.

:plus one:

Ojo's little run when he beat 2 or 3 players was superb - would like to see him do that in their half next time.

Carborundum

I agree that Birmingham are the worst team we have seen.  Bolton had cohesion, Millwall a plan and people to execute it.  This lot were utterly terrible. Even Fonte could get the ball off them.

We are getting there.  When the main problem is poor finishing, it means a lot of things are going right up to that point.   But my goodness the shooting was poor. 

SP

Many of the Blues fans in the park after the game seem to have resigned themselves to the drop. What a shambles.

grandad

TC is not yet back to full fitness. He is not yet able to dominate as he did last season. It will come.
Where there's a will there's a wife

St Eve

Quote from: bog on December 09, 2017, 08:19:52 PM
Quote from: Peabody on December 09, 2017, 06:51:46 PM

Evening Peabody. I always look for your 'just got back' posts and abide fully with them. Thanks. Our season turned last year when Bettinelli came in.....

092.gif   Me too. My favorite posts. I hope you find some time after the game Peabody to have a pint and reflect
Quote from: Fernhurst on December 09, 2017, 07:15:19 PM
Good shout Mr P - Stockdale well  impressive .......
I'm a really old time supporter but you've been going since the year I was born!!.... Your "Just got back" posts are now officially legendary!

St Eve

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on December 09, 2017, 08:15:18 PM

have to disagree. Ojo has bags of talent and we should try to buy him while his ability is being questioned. If we wait he will show his talents and we won't be able to afford him

The Old Count

Cheers Peabody. I always read your 'Just got back' posts even when I've just got back myself.  Always sensible and worthy observations.

MrD1879

Thought Ojo played well and is always a threat mainly because he looks to commit his man. He did miss a good chance but it was coming at him with real pace. The worse miss easily AKs shot of his rebound from Stockdale which only highlighted his lack of composure and quality.
Kmac dominated the park and thought Norwood played well. TC is nearly there but in playing Stef Jo as well it cuts down the space he has to operate in and as such plays far to deep to be at his most effective best. The formation doesn't work with a false 9/fake 10 whatever you want to call it

Milo

Ojo has good close control and balance. He has confidence which is unusual for a young player. He gets the ball and can carry it but his problem in the first two games was that he did all these things so slowly.. so lethargic.. you couldn't see it coming to anything and felt he was just a waste of a place in the team.

It was difficult to put a finger on as to what was wrong but I think the missing ingredient was probably the speed he was doing things when he had the ball. I presume that's changed? Not seen him these past few games ..

Robbie

We need to practice scoring in the box under pressure.