watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Convinced

Started by Fernhurst, December 09, 2017, 06:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Cookie and Kit will put one over us next week.

First home win for over a year..... no bother we'll help you out.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Marcel_Gecov

Sunderland are rather sh1te this year, it would be Sod's law that we lose to them

SP

What could possibly go wrong...

I'd hope it helps there's no midweek game so we can put in a high tempo display & start taking more of the chances we create.  The home crowd will get frustrated, just need to avoid gifting them soft goals.

davew

Quote from: Fernhurst on December 09, 2017, 06:52:06 PM
Cookie and Kit will put one over us next week.

First home win for over a year..... no bother we'll help you out.

After todays win, what a negative posting, the sort of thing I would have written 5 hours ago, you might be right though!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Fernhurst

Probably right..... been supporting in excess of 60 years and just feel it in my bones.

HOWEVER, some of our passing game today was sublime, so maybe they will not be able to live with us.

Slaphead in Qatar

They drew away to wolves today so they can't be that bad

Fernhurst

There have been babies conceived and born since Sunderland last won at home Slaphead and Fulham are next up.

f321ffc

Free money, put everything you own on a home win. 093.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Andy S

They will both dream of putting one over on us right up to kick off.The the game kicks off and the dream ends

SP

Lee Catermole red carded today, used to be a decent player but not sure what he's like now?

Woolly Mammoth

Coleman, Symons and Sunderland will huff and they will puff, but there is no way they can blow our house down, unless we let them.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

We should win and I don't understand those who are saying it is a sure fire home win. Sure, this is football and there are no certainties but we should turn them over.

Woolly Mammoth

If we cannot turn them over in the current state they are in, then I will be extremely annoyed and disappointed.

Never forget your Roots.

Bill2

Quote from: SP on December 09, 2017, 09:28:28 PM
Lee Catermole red carded today, used to be a decent player but not sure what he's like now?
Always was a red card waiting happen, the man just isn't right for the modern game.

MrD1879

Quote from: Twig on December 10, 2017, 10:14:17 AM
We should win and I don't understand those who are saying it is a sure fire home win. Sure, this is football and there are no certainties but we should turn them over.

They have one chance to avoid not winning a game a whole calender year at home with Cookie in charge it's written in the stars. If there is a dodgy record that a team has in place then you can put your mortgage in us obliging

filham

Years and years of watching Fulham just prepares me to be ready for a defeat against Sunderland, Cookie and Kit next week.

MikeW

Being pretty much snowed in here in the depths of Gloucestershire I have watched the two derby games today.

Just One request: Please can we sign David Silva and Jordan Pickford.

Thank you
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Stoneleigh Loyalist

It is not so long ago that people were moaning because we dud not turn over Bolton.
Just look at what they have done since and it is largely down to confidence.
Sunderland have a new management team and achieved a creditable result yesterday.
We should beat them, but to be totally realistic if Chris Coleman is giving them a bit more belief, anything can happen and probably the biggest challenge they will have to overcome will be the attitude of their own supporters.
We have to score first.

filham

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on December 10, 2017, 06:57:33 PM
It is not so long ago that people were moaning because we dud not turn over Bolton.
Just look at what they have done since and it is largely down to confidence.
Sunderland have a new management team and achieved a creditable result yesterday.
We should beat them, but to be totally realistic if Chris Coleman is giving them a bit more belief, anything can happen and probably the biggest challenge they will have to overcome will be the attitude of their own supporters.
We have to score first.
Sorry I have really lost confidence on this one.
If we score 1st, 2nd and 3rd and there is only five minutes left I may start to believe that we are in with half a chance.

Woolly Mammoth

I agree that it's a worry as we never know which kind of Fulham will turn up, especially with our defence, and no forwards that can be addressed as a striker.
If we can keep a clean sheet, we only need to score one goal. Easier said than done, I know.
But surely we are in much better shape that they are. If we are to narrow the gap between us and the top 6, then these are the games we have to win. Forget Coleman and Symons. We should be able to back Jok against those 2.
Nevertheless, Jok must select his starting 11 carefully, and his squad, as this will be no picnic. But it should be an incentive for our players to perform.

Never forget your Roots.