watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Convinced

Started by Fernhurst, December 09, 2017, 06:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

If ever a team has not won for ages, a player has not scored for ages then play us. John Obi Mikel had never scored for that lot down the road for years...then along came us....Sod's Law will no doubt prevail this coming weekend.

Thank you and good night

092.gif

Fernhurst

And what about Huddleston promising not to cut his hair til he scored.

Hair was down to his backside....... then along came Fulham.

Really want us to win, as another 3 points would put us " back in the game " but this game smells of Fulhamish !!!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes we have to look at gaining maximum points, an away draw at this stage is not sufficient, we have to be more ambitious.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

General

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on December 09, 2017, 08:25:50 PM
They drew away to wolves today so they can't be that bad

Have you seen the stats against them from the game against Wolves?

Firstly it was a goaless draw against Wolves
Wolves had 71% posession
Wolves had 23 shots vs Sunderland's one
Wolves had four on target - Sunderland had one.
Lee Cattermole - their supposed midfield Lynchpin got sent off - he can't play against us.

They simply defended very well and were lucky.

The only way I can see that having a positive influence on them in time, is if it was simply the game plan to defend for 90 minutes and build up self esteem that they could keep a clean sheet.

http://www.skysports.com/football/wolves-vs-sland/stats/374870

Woolly Mammoth

So much for stats, shows how misleading they are when it comes down to the important part, Goals !
That's what win games. Or lack of them prevents you from winning games.

Never forget your Roots.

hopper

What other run ending sods law examples can people remember, as in my time supporting Fulham it seems remarkable to the extent that it's the main thing I would define as Fulhamish.

I remember Bale had never won a game for Spurs in 23 games or something, then we came along and he's gone on to become a superstar.

RaySmith

I'm never resigned to, or anticipating, defeat in the build-up to games, though I realise we could lose any game.

I see the Sunderland game as neither and easy win, or a definitely Fulhamish banana skin, but another tough test -one in which I hope Fulham will come out with a positive result.

I'm sure  Chris will have Sunderland well organised, and crowd will be behind their new manager, and that Sunderland will give us a game, but  I hope we come out on top.

filham

Quote from: RaySmith on December 12, 2017, 10:43:57 AM
I'm never resigned to, or anticipating, defeat in the build-up to games, though I realise we could lose any game.

I see the Sunderland game as neither and easy win, or a definitely Fulhamish banana skin, but another tough test -one in which I hope Fulham will come out with a positive result.

I'm sure  Chris will have Sunderland well organised, and crowd will be behind their new manager, and that Sunderland will give us a game, but  I hope we come out on top.
Of course we all hope we come out on top but somehow this one has Sunderland written all over it, the essential ingredients are all there for a typical Fulhamish result.

Marcel_Gecov

The other side of that coin will be a performance similar to QPR a few years back and we'll smash em.

FFC1987

Put it this way, I won't be putting us in my weekly accumulator. No faith in this side to grind out results atm.

filham

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on December 12, 2017, 12:12:33 PM
The other side of that coin will be a performance similar to QPR a few years back and we'll smash em.
The coin used for this match will be the equivalent of the old double heade coin.
It will take a lot to convince me that we are in with a chance for this one.
I need something like "Ivor and McBride have been rejuvenated to team up for this one match"

SP

TIFF reporting 1,000 away tickets sold already. Brilliant effort if correct.   049:gif

Woolly Mammoth

At one time The name Sunderland may have struck fear into certain teams and supporters. When playing them on their own patch. Coleman nor any other manager will save them. It is now Sunderland's turn to rough it.
Whether they stay up or not remains to be seen. Whatever happens we should finish a lot higher, therefore, anything less that three points will feel like a defeat.
We have drawn far too many matches this season, we are not very good at keeping clean sheets or scoring goals, let alone taking shots.
But we are in a far better place than them, a manager is only as good as the players he has under his wing. Coleman may stabilise them, but then again he has a poor hand dealt him.
They are there for the taking, especially at home, they won't be sitting back like they did against Wolves and riding their luck. 
There will be room for us to exploit, if Jok plays Sess at full back and we lose, then I shall not defend him any more, because for me he would have gone past the point of no return.
If Fulham win, then he lives to fight another day, and we get another three precious points.

Never forget your Roots.

FulhamKC

Interestingly (to me at least), both Fulham and Sunderland were founded n 1879 yet we have only played each other 62 times.

DevonFFC

Quote from: hopper on December 12, 2017, 10:23:35 AM
What other run ending sods law examples can people remember, as in my time supporting Fulham it seems remarkable to the extent that it's the main thing I would define as Fulhamish.

I remember Bale had never won a game for Spurs in 23 games or something, then we came along and he's gone on to become a superstar.

Brum last season

Huddlestone goal for haircut

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FulhamKC on December 14, 2017, 12:18:20 AM
Interestingly (to me at least), both Fulham and Sunderland were founded n 1879 yet we have only played each other 62 times.

We have the same birthday ?

Never forget your Roots.

f321ffc

Quote from: f321ffc on December 09, 2017, 08:47:46 PM
Free money, put everything you own on a home win. 093.gif
:bump:
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional