watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How dire was that again?

Started by Motspur, December 09, 2017, 09:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Motspur

Last two home games have been victories but how dire have we played and how difficult have we made it for ourselves? Johansen needs his injury sorted even if it mean out for three months or so as he is so ineffective compared to last season (won't tackle and lack of usual energy) and please don't play Kamara any more. He's utter useless and have seen better on a park pitch.
MOTM between Kalas and Ream for me. Rest of the team; lack of invention and keeping possession sideways or backwards for sake of it rather than going forward when breaking from a promising defensive position.
To struggle against Brum (including a missed penalty by them) plus the Millwall performance is a clear indication of how far we have fallen since last season.

SP

Just watching Channel 5 goals & Millwall were unlucky not to win at Villa.  It's a mad division for sure.

Matt10

Quote from: Motspur on December 09, 2017, 09:37:28 PM
Last two home games have been victories but how dire have we played and how difficult have we made it for ourselves? Johansen needs his injury sorted even if it mean out for three months or so as he is so ineffective compared to last season (won't tackle and lack of usual energy) and please don't play Kamara any more. He's utter useless and have seen better on a park pitch.
MOTM between Kalas and Ream for me. Rest of the team; lack of invention and keeping possession sideways or backwards for sake of it rather than going forward when breaking from a promising defensive position.
To struggle against Brum (including a missed penalty by them) plus the Millwall performance is a clear indication of how far we have fallen since last season.

Can you explain why Kamara is useless? I thought he played quite well when he came on? Had several shots, and also set up Stefan twice.

@jolslover

STH H3

grandad

Brighton played many dire games but still managed to grind out many 1-0 wins.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Barrett487

How often to we have a pop from distance? At least Kamara had a go, albeit his effort was well wayward! His application was spot on today, but he can be too physical at times.

ealex40

Quote from: @jolslover on December 09, 2017, 09:46:15 PM
Thought Kamara was decent today

Sorry......I don't reckon him at all. His shooting ability has not improved since he joined us. Granted he does a lot of running around but we need someone a lot better.

Matt10

Quote from: Barrett487 on December 09, 2017, 10:15:57 PM
How often to we have a pop from distance? At least Kamara had a go, albeit his effort was well wayward! His application was spot on today, but he can be too physical at times.

He forced a good save from Stockdale. The effort from distance surprised me, but glad he took it.

I do agree, he is overly physical and gets called for fouls too often. Also, not sure about discipline as when he gets in those tussles it seems like something is about to happen and he may get carded, or worse. Overall, I'd like to see more of him paired up with Fonte.

Facts Not Fiction

Where is the rumour about Johansen potentially being out for a few months?

Samjack

Kamara is a good player. He plays with passion and offers us something different. He did well today. Everyone I spoke to after the game thought he did well. He set up chances, ran at them and generally caused bother. Reminds me of Barry hayles. A rough diamond... we need to back him not get on his back.

gang

Quote from: Samjack on December 09, 2017, 10:52:58 PM
Kamara is a good player. He plays with passion and offers us something different. He did well today. Everyone I spoke to after the game thought he did well. He set up chances, ran at them and generally caused bother. Reminds me of Barry hayles. A rough diamond... we need to back him not get on his back.

+1

Southcoastffc

Whether it was coincidence, a message from the coach, or something else entirely, there's no doubt that Kamara coming on seemed to galvanise the team.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Baszab

Kamara is just what we need  = passion - even Fonte tried a bit of passsion when he came on but to be honest it was a bit naff - and a poor header towards the end off target

Matt10

I think this has to be the attitude overall. Too many threads lately with the "Poor player of the week" themes. We got the points when we needed them, and that's all that matters. We have a lot of work to do still, but I think Kamara getting more minutes is key!

Keynsham

I love these apparent new posters that seem to just crack on as though they've never been away.

Bravo!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Statto on December 09, 2017, 11:12:08 PM
Quote from: gang on December 09, 2017, 10:57:54 PM

+1

+2
+ me
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 09, 2017, 10:39:27 PM

It was said earlier in the season that he is carrying an injury which may require surgery to fully resolve and that it would require up to 3 mths out to recover.

BTW To the OP I did not think we were dire yesterday. Yes we missed chances, which was an obvious issue but our football and passing movement was way better than Birmingham. They were close to dire, we were rather better.

bobby01

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 10, 2017, 01:13:31 AM
Quote from: Statto on December 09, 2017, 11:12:08 PM
Quote from: gang on December 09, 2017, 10:57:54 PM

Plus 4

+1

+2
+ me
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Twig on December 10, 2017, 10:08:56 AM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 09, 2017, 10:39:27 PM

It was said earlier in the season that he is carrying an injury which may require surgery to fully resolve and that it would require up to 3 mths out to recover.

BTW To the OP I did not think we were dire yesterday. Yes we missed chances, which was an obvious issue but our football and passing movement was way better than Birmingham. They were close to dire, we were rather better.
Actually, I thought Birmingham were dire yesterday. We were not at our best, and I thought we gave the ball away too easily at times. Fortunately they could not do much with it. We were still relatively ineffectual in the final third, though Stockdale did make at least two good saves, but frankly I don't see this improving with the forwards we have. But pleased to get the result and the three points, but think we will need to improve to keep the points flooding in.

Woolly Mammoth

With Sunderland and Barnsley coming up, we have a great chance of picking up precious points, but with our strike force, I wouldn't and couldn't guarantee it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.