How dire was that again?

Started by Motspur, December 09, 2017, 09:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 10, 2017, 01:13:31 AM
Quote from: Statto on December 09, 2017, 11:12:08 PM
Quote from: gang on December 09, 2017, 10:57:54 PM
Quote from: Samjack on December 09, 2017, 10:52:58 PM
Kamara is a good player. He plays with passion and offers us something different. He did well today. Everyone I spoke to after the game thought he did well. He set up chances, ran at them and generally caused bother. Reminds me of Barry hayles. A rough diamond... we need to back him not get on his back.

+1

+2
+ me
I don't really disagree about Kamara but oh his shooting was so wild on occasions.

FulhamStu

Fact is we had about 6 decent chances, they had 1.  Yes, better finishing also round would have given a result of about 4-1 which we would all be very happy about.  We do need that classic goalscorer, but then again so does most every other team.

Getting into a habit of not conceding will deliver more points than anything.

filham

Quote from: FulhamStu on December 10, 2017, 12:23:39 PM
Fact is we had about 6 decent chances, they had 1.  Yes, better finishing also round would have given a result of about 4-1 which we would all be very happy about.  We do need that classic goalscorer, but then again so does most every other team.

Bearing in mind that terrible penalty I think that has to count as an invisible clean sheet to go along with our invisible striker.

Kamara man of the match but essential to get Sess. out of that left back position if we want to keep real clean sheets.

F(f)CUK

We all know that we lack a focal point for the attack. We had hoped Fonte was going to be that, but clearly isn't. If we go through January without the focal point forward then we might as well give up. Until then we just have to win and if necessary win dirty.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Kamara is a good player. He plays with passion and offers us something different. He did well today. Everyone I spoke to after the game thought he did well. He set up chances, ran at them and generally caused bother. Reminds me of Barry hayles. A rough diamond... we need to back him not get on his back.

I agree, he made a lot of difference when he came on.

Someone on this thread said he's 'over-physical', isn't that we we need in this league, to bully the big
center backs ?

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Twig

Quote from: filham on December 10, 2017, 12:36:29 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on December 10, 2017, 12:23:39 PM

Bearing in mind that terrible penalty I think that has to count as an invisible clean sheet to go along with our invisible striker.

Kamara man of the match but essential to get Sess. out of that left back position if we want to keep real clean sheets.

Agree about Sess, SJ simply MUST find a formation that enables him to play further forward.

Facts Not Fiction

Kamara has all the physical qualities needed, but his finishing is frighteningly poor. Useful player to have on the books, but there's lots of work to be done.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 10, 2017, 04:20:32 PM

Kamara has all the physical qualities needed, but his finishing is frighteningly poor. Useful player to have on the books, but there's lots of work to be done.

I've said before, he's raw and exciting and I dont think even he knows what he's doing alot of the time which terrifies defenders. His finishes against Boro and Forest showed what he has in his locker and with good coaching could be brilliant. This season is all about learning but I could easily see him be a top scorer next year if we persist.

@jolslover

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on December 11, 2017, 11:01:46 AM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 10, 2017, 04:20:32 PM

I've said before, he's raw and exciting and I dont think even he knows what he's doing alot of the time which terrifies defenders. His finishes against Boro and Forest showed what he has in his locker and with good coaching could be brilliant. This season is all about learning but I could easily see him be a top scorer next year if we persist.

agree.
STH H3