News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We got on the end of a cross and guess what...

Started by FulhamStu, December 10, 2017, 12:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

:yay:

Ojo's goal yesterday was exactely what we have been missing.  We must put in about 5 of those types of crosses every single game and nobody is there to convert.  Kebano's goal at Brentford was similar.

Sess is probably the best we have got at timing these situations getting to the hard fast low cross.  What we need is a no9 who does this instinctly and he would get a hatful of goals.  If you like a classic Gary Lineker type of player.  Needs to be sharp and have that natural ability to be in the right place.  There must be someone out there that we could afford ?

..FOF..

Yes there should be someone out there.

Firstly though, we must invest in our scouts to find that someone at a reasonable price.

Chairman is not going to splurge on some big names so hopefully he is willing to invest in some good scouts.

RaySmith

I suppose these players are at a premium, but maybe Kamara could be that player for us, or even Fonte after a few more games!

Ojo  has done well at getting into the box, scoring some great goals as well as missing a few, but keeps making the runs in anticipation and getting on the end of crosses, and isn't frightened to have a go, even if he sometimes misses the target.

Southcoastffc

And Sess is very good at getting to those crosses, viz the virtual sitter he missed in the first half yesterday.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

hovewhite

Whoever it is they must be coached ,told whatever that is there Job!

Matt10

Sess puts them in no problem. The problem is that Fredericks doesn't put them in soon enough. If you rewatch the match, you can count multiple times in where Fredericks has a chance to cross the ball, but opts to either take a man on, or pass it backwards. Even looking at our best chances, not to mention both Kebano's goals from crosses this season, they came from a Fredericks cross.

I hate this fact, but our attacks live and die at the decision making of Fredericks. All the players near the box are left to reset the timing on their runs, and when the cross does come in, the defenders are already in position to defend. Ojo's goal came from a fluid movement with an early cross, which takes advantage of these big defenders flat-footed and the likes of Ojo scampering in front of them - and slotting one in.

We need more early crosses that take advantage of the timed runs - and less about the same predictable play on the right side of the flank.

filham

Quote from: Matt10 on December 10, 2017, 04:43:36 PM
Sess puts them in no problem. The problem is that Fredericks doesn't put them in soon enough. If you rewatch the match, you can count multiple times in where Fredericks has a chance to cross the ball, but opts to either take a man on, or pass it backwards. Even looking at our best chances, not to mention both Kebano's goals from crosses this season, they came from a Fredericks cross.

I hate this fact, but our attacks live and die at the decision making of Fredericks. All the players near the box are left to reset the timing on their runs, and when the cross does come in, the defenders are already in position to defend. Ojo's goal came from a fluid movement with an early cross, which takes advantage of these big defenders flat-footed and the likes of Ojo scampering in front of them - and slotting one in.

We need more early crosses that take advantage of the timed runs - and less about the same predictable play on the right side of the flank.
So right, we take an age to get the ball out to Fredericks and then by the time he has made his run and crossed the ball the defence is nicely marshalled in a preset position.

MikeW

FOF - I think you'll find the Father and son team of The Talbots headline our scouting set up.  The younger one with a brief to cover Europe I recall when he was appointed.

I'm betting they don't come cheap and their travel expenses come sky high so yes, we should be expecting results and dare I say, a darn sight better than they have produced to date.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Andy S

It's not only the price that is the problem. It is whether the player wants to come and also whether the club they are with want to let them go

FulhamStu

Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 10, 2017, 01:32:41 PM
And Sess is very good at getting to those crosses, viz the virtual sitter he missed in the first half yesterday.

But he got to the cross which is my point....

Southcoastffc

Quote from: FulhamStu on December 10, 2017, 11:39:18 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on December 10, 2017, 01:32:41 PM

But he got to the cross which is my point....
Yes, I was not disagreeing with you at all.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.