watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How do we prevent the inevitable?

Started by Jimsbeerbelly, December 10, 2017, 06:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimsbeerbelly

Now that we've got Birmingham out the way, I'd like to move onto Sunderland next Saturday, and work out, how the hell we stop the inevitable happening.

I can stomach the loss against Brentford, local derby, rivalry and all that, but, a loss at Sunderland next Saturday, will really cut deep.

As we know, Sunderland haven't won at home since the 17th of December last year, in all competitions, and guess who's visiting.

Now, I'm not one for all this superstition, Fulhamish stuff, but, it does always seem to be us.

You can picture it now, Chris and Kit fist pumping the air, as they record Sunderland's first home win in a year, against FFC, it's written in the stars !!

Hoping I'm wrong, but, what does Jokanovic have to do, to prevent the inevitable happening, as I believe, this one will leave a lot of fans pee'd off.

Fulham76

Like you say, it's inevitable. I suppose the only thing you can do to soften the blow is put some money on a Sunderland win - odds should be decent.

Woolly Mammoth

Do not despair, it ain't gonna happen on this occasion, you heard it here first. A mediocre team like Sunderland are not going to become so much better than they are now, that they will beat us, no matter how hard Fulham FC try to help them.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

..FOF..

As a fan?.... Get behind the team like you never did before on matchday.

hovewhite

toshes mate

Nothing like getting the excuses in early
Good job we are only supporters, huh.

Both sets of coaches still have a lot to prove but I am sure Coleman and company would prefer to have twenty nine points rather than the fifteen at the start of the game.  It was poor finishing that produced the point for Sunderland  at Molineux (Wolves had twenty three shots with only four on target to just the one on target shot for their opponents).  If we can hit the target more often than we don't then a repeat of our Sheff Utd score is not impossible.  We just need to believe in ourselves.

Keynsham

Is it literally a case of 'if I post this first then I can say I told you so when we do eventually lose?'

It's getting that ridiculous that I'm beginning to believe so.

Andy S

Tell me why Sunderland are likely to win because I cannot see it

Marcel_Gecov

Sunderland's is so weak though. In a vacuum I dont see how we lose.

Carborundum

The main lever available to our management team in the remaining days would seem to be shooting practice and plenty of it.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Carborundum on December 11, 2017, 10:31:41 AM
The main lever available to our management team in the remaining days would seem to be shooting practice and plenty of it.

Indeed, Johansen back in the middle 3 perhaps with Kamara up top. Sunderland look like they play with O'Shea who should be terrified off the space of our front 3. Sess, Ojo, Kamara please.

Rambler

I would leave out Johansen until he's fully fit, and when he is he should replace Norwood in the central three and get him doing what he does best - box to box midfielder.
For me I'd put Odoi left back, with sess, ojo and Kamara as the front 3 and play with pace and power.
Bettinelli to stay in goal - he's not been tested yet as the last game he had nothing to do.

Try and do another Sheffield United match and just score more than sunderland

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Rambler on December 11, 2017, 10:53:25 AM
I would leave out Johansen until he's fully fit, and when he is he should replace Norwood in the central three and get him doing what he does best - box to box midfielder.
For me I'd put Odoi left back, with sess, ojo and Kamara as the front 3 and play with pace and power.
Bettinelli to stay in goal - he's not been tested yet as the last game he had nothing to do.

Try and do another Sheffield United match and just score more than sunderland

I think the only reason Sess was LB was Odoi's suspension and before that Ream's injury. All being fit, Sess is LW.

toshes mate

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on December 11, 2017, 11:27:01 AM
I think the only reason Sess was LB was Odoi's suspension and before that Ream's injury. All being fit, Sess is LW.
Logic would suggest that was indeed the case, and young Sess is due another hat trick.

JoelH5

How obvious was that. Same old Fulham
I was there, standing in the Putney end

andyk

Fair play to Cookie, really took control of that game with his subs. Brave, direct and pro active, he showed how to grab a win from a stalemate.
Our manager, I'm afraid, choked, no initiative, no courageous gamble, totally reactive.
And his demeanor, he really looks like he hates the job, hates the players , hates it all.

filham

Oh well that is Sunderland out of the way, generally as expected.
Cardiff next week but at the Cottage. Looking back on our last two home matches, squeaky tight 1-0 wins, a repeat of today's result seems likely.

davew

Quote from: filham on December 16, 2017, 05:34:05 PM
Cardiff next week but at the Cottage. Looking back on our last two home matches, squeaky tight 1-0 wins, a repeat of today's result seems likely.
Maybe if we lose 4-0 Joka might get his P45, he has overstayed his welcome at FFC and totally run out of ideas! I am now finding him as annoying as Fonte, that means I am totally out of patience!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

JoelH5

Quote from: davew on December 16, 2017, 05:40:59 PM
Maybe if we lose 4-0 Joka might get his P45, he has overstayed his welcome at FFC and totally run out of ideas! I am now finding him as annoying as Fonte, that means I am totally out of patience!!

Sadly I have to agree. The issue now is, if the board feel he may be going will they allow him to invest in Jan? I can see them just running the clock down until May, sacking him then we go again. I think our one chance this year is to get rid right now, dependant if we can get someone in quickly, who may have a few weeks to identify targets
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: JoelH5 on December 16, 2017, 07:43:36 PM
Quote from: davew on December 16, 2017, 05:40:59 PM

Sadly I have to agree. The issue now is, if the board feel he may be going will they allow him to invest in Jan? I can see them just running the clock down until May, sacking him then we go again. I think our one chance this year is to get rid right now, dependant if we can get someone in quickly, who may have a few weeks to identify targets
If they get rid of Joka now, we will get no-one in Jan and both Cairney & Sees will go!
So whoever takes over will do nothing this season and struggle next. May as well do something else on a Saturday for the next couple of years!
😠
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"