more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fantastics Jags game now 9-4

Started by Fulham Tup North, December 11, 2017, 12:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

:drums: Seattle 24 - JAGS 30!
Got lively at the end. Two Seattle players evicted from the game.
Even better The Titans lost, so Jags are top of their group.

Good weekend for Mr Khan!!
:yay:
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

gang

Can you explain the divisional standings?
9 wins, 4 losses, top of their group of 4 teams.
Am I correct and what happens in this League?

ffc73

v Titans on December 31st, last game of regular season?, looking to be a big big game

Barrett487

Quote from: gang on December 11, 2017, 10:11:55 AM

The NFL is split into 2 conferences, National and American. The champion of each conference compete in the Superbowl.

The teams that qualify for the playoffs are the four division winners, plus the two teams with the next best record (wild cards) in each conference. Wild card teams are decided by various tiebreakers if more than one team has the same record (head to head, etc). The two division winners with the best record get a bye week, whilst the other division winners play the 'wild card' teams. After that they play off until there is a conference champion. Teams from the same conference cannot meet in the Superbowl, so the Jags couldn't play the Patriots in the Superbowl, for example, but might meet in the conference championship.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Barrett487 on December 11, 2017, 07:27:34 PM

The NFL is split into 2 conferences, National and American. The champion of each conference compete in the Superbowl.

The teams that qualify for the playoffs are the four division winners, plus the two teams with the next best record (wild cards) in each conference. Wild card teams are decided by various tiebreakers if more than one team has the same record (head to head, etc). The two division winners with the best record get a bye week, whilst the other division winners play the 'wild card' teams. After that they play off until there is a conference champion. Teams from the same conference cannot meet in the Superbowl, so the Jags couldn't play the Patriots in the Superbowl, for example, but might meet in the conference championship.
Yeh.... What he said!!
Thanks Barrett 487 :)

gang

:022:Thanks Barrett, klar wie breu, (clear as mud).

Mokes

Quote from: Barrett487 on December 11, 2017, 07:27:34 PM

It's like they have thought 'how can we milk this sh!t for all it's worth and have as many huge games as possible', a Division Champion, a Conference Champion, a wild card winner, and then the 'great spectacle' the super bowl where chumps everywhere pretend they have been an Arizona whatever they're called fan for years. I wonder if anyone would actually watch it if all that was at stake was 3 points each week to eventually be crowned champion.

cmg

Quote from: Mokes on December 12, 2017, 09:25:12 AM

....I wonder if anyone would actually watch it if all that was at stake was 3 points each week to eventually be crowned champion.

....or, indeed, three "how can we milk this sh!t for all it's worth and have as many huge games as possible" play-off games to achieve promotion?

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: cmg on December 12, 2017, 10:02:29 AM

....I wonder if anyone would actually watch it if all that was at stake was 3 points each week to eventually be crowned champion.
and lets have some cup competitions where the big clubs throw out their under 20's because they are so serious about the importance of them that they get gates of 2 or 3 thousand. 
....or, indeed, three "how can we milk this sh!t for all it's worth and have as many huge games as possible" play-off games to achieve promotion?

e4b

Quote from: cmg on December 12, 2017, 10:02:29 AM

Haha made me laugh. Well said Sir. 064.gif

Forever Fulham

16 regular season games.  Then the playoffs if you get in.  Having won 9 games already, with three more to play in the regular season, they are almost assured a berth in the first round of the playoffs.  One more regular season win should assure it.  Hard to go 10-6 in the regular season and not make the playoffs.  The weird stuff happens when your team has the same won/loss regular season record as another team.  There are all sorts of tie breaker rules as to who advances and who doesn't, if it gets down to that.  In descending order of perceived merit.  I think the last tie breaker you can get down to is the coin toss.  I've never heard of that happening, though. 

If you aren't familiar with the NFL at all, you'd likely think 16 games is nothing, too easy.  Playing a mere once a week, plus an off week in there somewhere.  But even with all the padding and the helmets, they take a terrible beating.   They owners wanted to extend the number of games (for more revenue), and the players' union threw a fit.  It's around four preseason games, 16 reg season games, and then the playoffs.  Often a war of attrition.  Deep into the season, especially the playoffs, there are open air stadia in northern states where they play in god awful weather.  Lambeau Field at Green Bay, Wisconsin has the nickname, "Frozen Tundra".   Toes start to go numb.  Even hands in gloves tingle and get numb.  And when they go to ground on a tackle, it really hurts.