watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How about this?

Started by Peabody, December 11, 2017, 09:36:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

We all know that Sess is not a left back right? So because Fulham are alledgely looking for a new left back, a lot of agencies on News Now, are now assuming that Fulham are prepared to let Sess go. Well, whether we are letting him go or not, you would have thought that the authors would have done their research

SuffolkWhite

And another thing!  It highlights the fact that Malone has not been replaced. We play better with Sess in midfield. Just realised I'm stating the bleeding obvious on here lol.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Andy S

No you are not. sess can play at left back it is a fact though he is better further forward

filham

Sess. is not outstanding at left back and I think if he continues in that position interest in him from premiership clubs will fade away.

Essential that for the Sunderland match Odoi plays at left back.

terryr

Sess being touted as worth £50 million....that's a lot of money....

filham

Quote from: TerryR on December 12, 2017, 01:35:05 PM

That is of course just nonsense, also it is hard top see him stepping into the Spurs team as an immediate replacement for Rose as the media are suggesting.

He really needs more Championship time with us before moving on to Premiership football but if a top club is prepared to offer mega bucks for him then it may be wise for us to grab the money. Imagine if we were to buy Malone, Aluko, a big centre back and a proven ready to go striker.

aaronmcguigan

be
Quote from: filham on December 12, 2017, 09:16:35 PM
Quote from: TerryR on December 12, 2017, 01:35:05 PM

That is of course just nonsense, also it is hard top see him stepping into the Spurs team as an immediate replacement for Rose as the media are suggesting.

He really needs more Championship time with us before moving on to Premiership football but if a top club is prepared to offer mega bucks for him then it may be wise for us to grab the money. Imagine if we were to buy Malone, Aluko, a big centre back and a proven ready to go striker.

To be fair the club need to be looking at any positions we have with a sizeable asset, i.e. Looking at that team the only money will come from Cairney and Sess. Probably Fred and the GKs can command a half decent fee.

I'd like to think the club are looking at reinforcements and replacements should bids come in, to anticipate it with ready made replacements instead of unfit, unsuitable last minute loans like Soares and Graham/ Mollo.

If we end up getting a big fee like for the ones you have mentioned , it should be as clear as day that it is only because they have had a massive impact on our results, set up, performances.
Now is the time Slav and whatever recruitment team is in place to identify and monitor potential recruits.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I'm sure a lot of fans can agree , that have been through more transfer windows than me that the windows always feel very reactive and not well planned as if bids for your own players should be unexpected, and for players from other teams to not get their head turned by more competitive teams, more money or new contracts

hovewhite

Trusting the staff in the transfer comittee to get quality replacments ,what chance of that happening!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: hovewhite on December 13, 2017, 12:40:32 PM
Trusting the staff in the transfer comittee to get quality replacments ,what chance of that happening!

There is more chance of being bitten by a Dinasour.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

We need a good striker, no doubt about that but it will cost us big money, probably more than £10m.
The only way we will spend that type of money is to sell either Sess. or Cairney and the chances of us selling high value players and using the money wisely on better players is unlikely.
Be prepared for us signing yet another poor striker in the window.

Woolly Mammoth

Cannot see Sess or Cairney going in January. But if we do not get promoted this season, then there is more likelihood that they will go in the Summer, and Jok will probably also go.
We would be lucky to see a third of their fees reinvested in players.
That is why I would want to hang on to them, they are worth more to us than a fee we won't see spent on players.
The only way we stand a chance of top 6 is to buy a quality Striker that has some idea in what direction on the pitch the opponents goal is.
A Commanding Physical and tall Centre Back, and an orthodox left back to free Sess further up, and I wouldn't say no to a Goalkeeper that can keep goal.
Otherwise we will risk being an oasis of mediocrity for many seasons to come.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 13, 2017, 12:58:57 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on December 13, 2017, 12:40:32 PM

There is more chance of being bitten by a Dinasour.
Correct woolly