watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

With both Kebano and Ayite both injured for Saturday

Started by Wearethewhites, December 12, 2017, 12:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Then surely Graham has to be a strong contender for the far wide left position? Unless, Slav bring Odoi in at left back, and moves Sessegnon up. Personally, I feel he may play Sessegnon at left back again, so, are we likely to see the following?

Betts

Fred - Kalas - Ream - Sess

McDonald

Ojo - Norwood - Cairney - Graham

Johansen (False 9)

Marcel_Gecov

All being fit Sess LW and Odoi LB no question. Sunderland huge game and I can't see Grahame being risked. Shame Mollo has fallen away, could have been exactly what we needed.

mrmicawbers

Mollo was on the bench Saturday wasn't he?Maybe back in contention with any luck

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: mrmicawbers on December 12, 2017, 01:54:09 PM
Mollo was on the bench Saturday wasn't he?Maybe back in contention with any luck

Indeed with DLT and Graham. If we had to play Sess LB then Mollo gets there ahead of Graham who, quite frankly, has so far been a waste of time.

filham

Quote from: Statto on December 12, 2017, 01:25:18 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on December 12, 2017, 01:16:21 PM
All being fit Sess LW and Odoi LB no question.

Exactly. Surely even the harshest Jokanovic critic wouldn't suggest he's been playing Sessegnon at LB out of choice these last few games.
Jocanovic has been playing Sess at left back from choice most of the season. Perhaps if we stop asking for Sess. to be moved forward it may happen.

twang

Bettinelli
Fredericks - Kalas - Ream - Odoi
Norwood - McDonald
Ojo - Cairney - Sessegnon
Kamara

Bench: Button, Djalo, Edun, Johansen, de la Torre, Graham/Mollo, Fonte

@jolslover

Bettinelli, Fredericks Kalas Ream Odoi, Mcdonald Norwood Cairney, Ojo Fonte Sessegnon
STH H3

Matt10

Most likely:
                      Betts

Fredericks     Kalas      Ream   Sess

McDonald

Cairney              Norwood

Ojo   Johansen    Fonte

What I would hope to see:

Betts

Fredericks     Kalas      Ream   Odoi

McDonald

Cairney              Norwood

Ojo   Kamara    Sess

JackHFFC1990

Johansen should not be a false 9 we need to give Kamara a chance. His pace away from home could be crucial

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Although he did not show us much at the beginning of the season, Graham has been outstanding for the U23s in their last few games and must surely have earned a run out for the first team sometime soon.

He knows where the goal is and his goals have been quality.

@jolslover

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on December 12, 2017, 07:39:43 PM
Although he did not show us much at the beginning of the season, Graham has been outstanding for the U23s in their last few games and must surely have earned a run out for the first team sometime soon.

He knows where the goal is and his goals have been quality.

But u23s is literally league 2 standard.
It's just not right to describe a man with 1 senior goal in 23 games as 'knowing where the goal is'
He is a direct winger who is an asset and can take men on but he's not a goalscorer by any means. I would have Mollo starting ahead of him.
STH H3

MrD1879

The answer surely is move our most effective forward Sess up to left win, odoi left back and for God's sake no Johanson as a false 9/ extra 10. For me I would go:

Betts
Fredericks Kalas Ream Odoi
              Kmac
    Norwood  Cairney
Ojo                              Sess
              Kamara

ScalleysDad

It's  a funny old game as somebody in football once said. I see Stefjo is out of favour with a few team selections and the pyriah that was once Oliver Norwood is shoe horned in. I know Johansen has been carrying an injury which might have had an impact on his performances lately but I also think he is being strangled by the game plan. He and Cairney bringing the ball out through the midfield and threatening the opposition goal was a thing of beauty less than a year ago

Woolly Mammoth

Betts.
Fredericks
Kalas
Ream
Odoi
McDonald
Norwood
Cairney
Ojo
Sess
Fonte

Then take Fonte off after 20 minutes of play, and bring Kamara on as an impact sub.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: MrD1879 on December 12, 2017, 08:13:00 PM
The answer surely is move our most effective forward Sess up to left win, odoi left back and for God's sake no Johanson as a false 9/ extra 10. For me I would go:

Betts
              Kmac
    Norwood  Cairney
              Kamara

This is by far the most obvious team selection, can't see why Jocanovic needs to give it much consideration.

Matt10

Quote from: ScalleysDad on December 12, 2017, 08:28:24 PM
It's  a funny old game as somebody in football once said. I see Stefjo is out of favour with a few team selections and the pyriah that was once Oliver Norwood is shoe horned in. I know Johansen has been carrying an injury which might have had an impact on his performances lately but I also think he is being strangled by the game plan. He and Cairney bringing the ball out through the midfield and threatening the opposition goal was a thing of beauty less than a year ago

I like Johansen very much. I think his work rate off the ball and his direct play, not to mention goal scoring, is what we need.

With that said, Joka wants a 3 forward system. Where else could Johansen go?

If we could seriously let go of the 3 forward system, and go to a 4-4-2, then transition to a 4-5-1 in defense, I could see Johansen getting a chance to truly play his position.

I think you're right though, he's a bit of a scapegoat from a product of the gameplan, in particular the concept of the False-9. Whoever plays that role, is pretty much going to be marked out of position. The thing is, with Joka, you are not going to play your true position. I think the sooner we can accept that, the less gloomy things will be...or...the sooner Joka will accept it's wrong...the less gloomy things will be. So take your pick :)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on December 12, 2017, 09:03:37 PM

Betts
              Kmac
    Norwood  Cairney
              Kamara

This is by far the most obvious team selection, can't see why Jocanovic needs to give it much consideration.

I agree, and if my life depended on it, I would select your team. The one I chose was what I think Sepp Blatter would have chosen.
But please note I was prepared to sub the hapless Fonte for the more effective Kamara after 1200 seconds.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Betts
              Kmac
    Norwood  Cairney
              Kamara

I'd go with this too and rest SJ.  In fact I'd get him in for surgery, the sooner we get a fully fit SJ back the better.

RolandAJ

Quote from: Twig on December 12, 2017, 10:13:37 PM

Betts
              Kmac
    Norwood  Cairney
              Kamara

I'd go with this too and rest SJ.  In fact I'd get him in for surgery, the sooner we get a fully fit SJ back the better.

All of the above.
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."  Milan Kundera

Or does that not count because it doesn't fit your grouch-centric opinion?

ScalleysDad

Regarding SJ. As last season waned away I would have put SJ in a box and hidden him away for the summer as I felt sure a better offer was coming. However I think we are quite safe in keeping him this January but with my uber suspicious mind in full flow I doubt we will buy anybody of note. Therefore yes pack him off for surgery and rehab and by very late January or mid Feb we might just get the player we had and it will be like a new signing. Mind you then he will have to find a slot in whatever formation we are trying out at the time. 3.5.1 with him in a free roaming role perhaps?