watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

With both Kebano and Ayite both injured for Saturday

Started by Wearethewhites, December 12, 2017, 12:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

Having KMac, Cairney , Norwood and now obviously a glut of midfielders from the academy like Edun, De la Torre to fill the void, we have been able to afford to take Stef Jo out of midfield.  Whether it's niggling injuries or plain second season syndrome , he is a shadow of himself .

It can't help throwing himself as a square peg into a false round hole, surely an unconfident striker or academy boy is better than playing a clearly lacking sharpness Stef jo in a position he either is struggling with, isn't confident with or can't do.

We actually have the luxury of reinforcements in midfield yet we use that fact to reinforce the forward line instead of keeping our square pegs in square holes refreshed and rested when they need it

Keynsham

I also remember when Norwood wasn't good enough for us, apparently.

MrD1879

Quote from: Keynsham on December 13, 2017, 09:47:11 AM
I also remember when Norwood wasn't good enough for us, apparently.

He had a couple of shockers when he first joined us and looked like a player that would provide cover and not start but with Stef Jo's injury/lack of form he's earnt his place for me

filham

Quote from: RolandAJ on December 13, 2017, 05:28:14 AM
Quote from: Twig on December 12, 2017, 10:13:37 PM
Quote from: filham on December 12, 2017, 09:03:37 PM
Quote from: MrD1879 on December 12, 2017, 08:13:00 PM
The answer surely is move our most effective forward Sess up to left win, odoi left back and for God's sake no Johanson as a false 9/ extra 10. For me I would go:

Betts
Fredericks Kalas Ream Odoi
              Kmac
    Norwood  Cairney
Ojo                              Sess
              Kamara

This is by far the most obvious team selection, can't see why Jocanovic needs to give it much consideration.

I'd go with this too and rest SJ.  In fact I'd get him in for surgery, the sooner we get a fully fit SJ back the better.

All of the above.
A lot of us in favour of this obvious line up, you can bet your life Jocanovic will go for something different.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on December 13, 2017, 12:45:06 PM
Quote from: RolandAJ on December 13, 2017, 05:28:14 AM
Quote from: Twig on December 12, 2017, 10:13:37 PM
Quote from: filham on December 12, 2017, 09:03:37 PM
The answer surely is move our most effective forward Sess up to left win, odoi left back and for God's sake no Johanson as a false 9/ extra 10. For me I would go:

Betts
              Kmac
    Norwood  Cairney
              Kamara

This is by far the most obvious team selection, can't see why Jocanovic needs to give it much consideration.

I'd go with this too and rest SJ.  In fact I'd get him in for surgery, the sooner we get a fully fit SJ back the better.

All of the above.
A lot of us in favour of this obvious line up, you can bet your life Jocanovic will go for something different.

Yes you could well be right. But I would feel much more confident if this was the starting lineup.
I hope Jok reads this thread.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Keynsham

Yeah, I'm probably overdoing it a bit to be fair.

But still, I think you and hpoefuly some others get my gist.

JackHFFC1990

For me we should attack Sunderland Saturday if Kebano & Ayite are unavailable I would like to see

Bettinelli
          McDonald Norwood
Ojo             Cairney       Sessegnon
                   Kamara

Subs - Button , Djalo , Johansen , De La Torre , Mollo , Graham , Fonte

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: JackHFFC1990 on December 13, 2017, 05:42:07 PM
For me we should attack Sunderland Saturday if Kebano & Ayite are unavailable I would like to see

Bettinelli
          McDonald Norwood
Ojo             Cairney       Sessegnon
                   Kamara

Subs - Button , Djalo , Johansen , De La Torre , Mollo , Graham , Fonte

Yes I would go with that starting lineup. Sunderland are there for the taking if we are prepared and organised. Hit them hard from the start, don't give them hope when their isn't any, score first and silence the crowd. Sow seeds of doubt in their minds. Starve them of the ball once we go 3 Up. We have to be ruthless, but are the team and the manager capable of taking no prisoners

Never forget your Roots.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 12, 2017, 08:43:13 PM
Betts.
Fredericks
Kalas
Ream
Odoi
McDonald
Norwood
Cairney
Ojo
Sess
Fonte

Then take Fonte off after 20 minutes of play, and bring Kamara on as an impact sub.
Give him as much as 20 mins?
Bit excessive Woolly!

kiwian

I last saw us play at the S of L at the start of the 13-14 season where we scraped a 1-0 win, it is my birthday on Saturday and I am expecting a nice present of a convincing win, no matter who plays. I won't know till Monday when I watch the game on ftv. Hopefully worth the wait.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

BedsFFC

Quote from: kiwian on December 14, 2017, 10:56:00 PM
I last saw us play at the S of L at the start of the 13-14 season where we scraped a 1-0 win, it is my birthday on Saturday and I am expecting a nice present of a convincing win, no matter who plays. I won't know till Monday when I watch the game on ftv. Hopefully worth the wait.
Hey. My birthday Saturday too.

Dec 16th. My best away game on that date in a snowy Basel

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jims Dentist on December 14, 2017, 06:57:54 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 12, 2017, 08:43:13 PM
Betts.
Fredericks
Kalas
Ream
Odoi
McDonald
Norwood
Cairney
Ojo
Sess
Fonte

Then take Fonte off after 20 minutes of play, and bring Kamara on as an impact sub.
Give him as much as 20 mins?
Bit excessive Woolly!

On second thoughts,  perhaps I am being far too generous

Never forget your Roots.

kevin

betts
Fredericks
Ream
Kalas
Soares
Johansen
Cairney
Norwood
Sessegnon
Ojo
Kamara

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: kevin on December 15, 2017, 12:03:19 PM
betts
Fredericks
Ream
Kalas
Soares
Johansen
Cairney
Norwood
Sessegnon
Ojo
Kamara

Is there any reason why you have left out McDonald, and why would you favour Soures over Odoi ?

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Oh dear our need for a striker is really beginning to show, Fonte and Kamara have shared  32 games between them with only a tally of 3 goals. No wonder the coach is putting his faith in an invisible striker who has scored 4 goals from 20 games.
We can still bring in a reasonable player in the winter widow who can finish the season as leading scorer.

kiwian

Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

Jonaldiniho 88

Id go keeper.... really dont think it matters who, fred, kalas, ream, odoi,
Mcdonald,  norwood, cairney.
Ojo, sess.
Fonte
I actually think both kamara and fonte looked bright last game. Im starting with fonte because he has clearly worked hard, become more physically competitive and kamara is probably a tired defender's worse nightmare

bahay18

Jokanovic has only had his strongest team available on a few occasions this year . Norwood has done well but one of the success stories of last year was that midfield axis of macdonald , Cairney , johanson. I would aim to get that up and running again . There is no out and out left back at the club ( Sess is definitely at his best in the front 3 ) and there is no out and centre forward at the club . Fonte or Kamara is the best option . Plenty of players have been poor here when they first arrived ( Gera , Baird , Zamora ) , I think fonte just needs some confidence .

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bahay18 on December 15, 2017, 10:48:03 PM
Jokanovic has only had his strongest team available on a few occasions this year . Norwood has done well but one of the success stories of last year was that midfield axis of macdonald , Cairney , johanson. I would aim to get that up and running again . There is no out and out left back at the club ( Sess is definitely at his best in the front 3 ) and there is no out and centre forward at the club . Fonte or Kamara is the best option . Plenty of players have been poor here when they first arrived ( Gera , Baird , Zamora ) , I think fonte just needs some confidence .

It's not Confidence Fonte needs, he Is not 12 years old.
What he needs is a kick up the backside, he thinks and plays as if Fulham Football Club is a flaming Holiday Camp.
If he was an 18 year old from the Academy,  the self righteous elite would be saying he ain't good enough, too light weight, too inexperienced, far too young, nowhere near good enough.
But he isn't, he is a £9m waste of time, because at that price, anyone who knows anything about football will understand he should by now be scoring regularly and making an impact. That's what £9m players are paid to do, otherwise why would this club be such mugs as to buy him for him to spend 6 months growing a pair, like so many like him seem to need.
As for any injuries we may sustain just like any other club, as we are not the only club, every club gets injuries. In our case we never made enough effort or had the foresight vision or intelligence to recruit enough cover in key positions for the unexpected.
The recruitment and the keystone cop stats dudes have let us down once again.   
Yet another reason the club has to change its recruitment policy and replace some of its staff for such incompetentance.

Never forget your Roots.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Statto on December 12, 2017, 08:24:50 PM

Betts
              Kmac
    Norwood  Cairney
              Kamara

Same but Fonte up front to me, played well Saturday and I also think Kamara more effective as an impact sub

Betts
              Kmac
    Norwood  Cairney
              Fonte
:plus one: