watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should we try to get Malone back?

Started by bobbo, December 12, 2017, 08:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

He's out of favour at Huddersfield not even on the bench the last two or three matches having given a goal away - penalty I think - in one of his rare starts to a match since transferring.
We've been struggling to solve the left back position all season .
I M O sessignon doesn't fit there at all, whilst we've given odoi the odd start there and soares also it still seems to me a bit of a mess . Our big difference this season is whilst no superstar Malone did a great job there last season and if fit he was always first choice.

Just a thought , I'm sure some of you may shoot me down in flames.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

JoelH5

100%. Been saying this for a while. He wasn't looking to leave at the time he did so it's not like there will be bad blood. He'd be the perfect addition and could hit the ground running.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Benny

Would love for him to come back as this means Sess can play higher up.

Woolly Mammoth

Then we are all agreed, it makes sense and will save the club an awful lot of time looking for a replacement in the Mongolian Seond Division for a loanee.
He is a character and a warrior, and we are desperately short of both.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

sunburywhite

He will be on higher wages than he was here so that could be an issue

I didnt want him to go either
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

Malone's return would make an immediate double edge improvement to the team. He would be better than Sess at left back and Sess would add a touch of class in attack. No risk involved and no settling in period required.

Someone at the Cottage has to eat a little humble pie though.

Matt10

Is this assuming that we don't sell Sess? Look at the proposed figures coming at him. Surely he'll be gone in January.

Woolly Mammoth

I for one would want to keep Sess for as long as possible we sell him in Jan, we can kiss the top six goodbye, only loans and frees will be brought in, and Khan will trouser the profit. That will confirm the Khans have no genuine ambition. I repeat no genuine ambition.
We would like Sess to stay, bring in Malone, and push Sess up in his rightful position.

Never forget your Roots.

Carborundum

Not for me.  He had the season of his life last year, but his defensive limitations seemed clear enough.  We need players who have a sporting chance of being premier league quality and he's not there. 

Matt10

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 12, 2017, 09:30:36 PM
I for one would want to keep Sess for as long as possible we sell him in Jan, we can kiss the top six goodbye, only loans and frees will be brought in, and Khan will trouser the profit. That will confirm the Khans have no genuine ambition. I repeat no genuine ambition.
We would like Sess to stay, bring in Malone, and push Sess up in his rightful position.

I would like to keep him too, but let's say you get £50m for him; we can buy several quality £10m players throughout right? Then maybe the conversation of what we need becoming closer to reality?

Wearethewhites

Quote from: JoelH5 on December 12, 2017, 08:40:32 PM
100%. Been saying this for a while. He wasn't looking to leave at the time he did so it's not like there will be bad blood. He'd be the perfect addition and could hit the ground running.

Wasn't looking to leave? He knew of interest from Huddersfield before the season was out, and said, he couldn't turn down the opportunity to play in the Prem.

Twig

I'd happily take him back although I'm also comfortable with Odoi as LB.

St Eve

Nero

sticking point will probably be wages, 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Matt10 on December 12, 2017, 09:39:45 PM

I would like to keep him too, but let's say you get £50m for him; we can buy several quality £10m players throughout right? Then maybe the conversation of what we need becoming closer to reality?

I can agree with you, although my concern is that the money received for any sale will not be invested properly and fully in new players that will have the quality we are currently looking for. I worry that it will be a token amount which would mean that we have lost Sess, and end up with some deadwood on the cheap while Khan walks off into the sunset with a large percentage of the sale.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Carborundum on December 12, 2017, 09:35:22 PM
Not for me.  He had the season of his life last year, but his defensive limitations seemed clear enough.  We need players who have a sporting chance of being premier league quality and he's not there. 

I fear You miss the point and are jumping too far ahead. You have to take it in stages. First we have to get to the Premier, and Scott Malone is capable of being part of a team, that can get us there. Once we get to to the Premier if we ever do, and that's debatable, then we can think about how we stay there, as we will have the money to finance our next stage.

You have to find a cat before you can skin it.

So Scott Malone is one piece of the jigsaw that would fit the plan. Let's worry about how we stay there if we ever get there.

Never forget your Roots.

Matt10

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 13, 2017, 12:33:51 AM
Quote from: Matt10 on December 12, 2017, 09:39:45 PM

I can agree with you, although my concern is that the money received for any sale will not be invested properly and fully in new players that will have the quality we are currently looking for. I worry that it will be a token amount which would mean that we have lost Sess, and end up with some deadwood on the cheap while Khan walks off into the sunset with a large percentage of the sale.

Naturally, I'm concerned as well. Let's hope Joka gets his say in the signings. If anything, new signings, and an abundant of them, will push the current squad players. You know who I'm talking about (and no, he's not transfer bait, so don't even think it!).  049:gif

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Nero on December 13, 2017, 12:03:34 AM
sticking point will probably be wages, 

Not sure about that.
If he made the move and it's not working out, he'd surely look at a drop in wages.
Who else would want him for decent money  ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

RolandAJ

"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy."  Milan Kundera

Or does that not count because it doesn't fit your grouch-centric opinion?