watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My worst thing about missing promotion last season

Started by HatterDon, December 13, 2017, 04:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Had we gotten promoted, I would finally be able to see Fulham FC play at Wembley. Gone forever, sigh.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

brightster

When we beat Southampton! we might draw Spurs away! ⚽️⚽️⚽️🤗🤗🤗🤗

Sir Alec of good Stock

Quote from: HatterDon on December 13, 2017, 04:01:43 AM
Had we gotten promoted, I would finally be able to see Fulham FC play at Wembley. Gone forever, sigh.

You haven't missed much. After the excitement of Brunton Park, Hillsborough and Maine Road, Wembley was a bit of a let down for team performance and atmosphere. Let's be honest, the real Wembley with all its history has now gone and its just a place where homeless clubs play there home games and cup semi finals are played and so its lost all of its special one off opportunity magic.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

You'll be there when we win this season's play-off final.

David I

The expectation to succeed this year was much greater, and TBF, we should have built on that last season... we didnt!
We were punching above our weight last year and found out this year by injuries to Cairney, Piazon and Johanssen. Also letting Malone and Aluko go.... season is over. Mid table mediocrity.

Good job we werent promoted ... we havent got the minerals for the EPL!
093.gif

toshes mate

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on December 13, 2017, 09:36:33 AM
You haven't missed much. After the excitement of Brunton Park, Hillsborough and Maine Road, Wembley was a bit of a let down for team performance and atmosphere. Let's be honest, the real Wembley with all its history has now gone and its just a place where homeless clubs play there home games and cup semi finals are played and so its lost all of its special one off opportunity magic.
Full marks for honesty about both the past and present. 

Bill2

You mean you weren't there in 75?

filham

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on December 13, 2017, 09:36:33 AM

True. In 1975 the semi final at Hillsborough was so much more enjoyable than the Wembley final.

bog

I will never forget the the 1962 semi at Villa Park. We was robbed rotten.   :016:

092.gif

F(f)CUK

I said this earlier this year - of all the league teams from last year only Accrington Stanley, Barnet, Crawley, Hartlepool and Fulham have not been to Wembley for a competitive match since 1975.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bog on December 13, 2017, 04:03:03 PM
I will never forget the the 1962 semi at Villa Park. We was robbed rotten.   :016:

092.gif

You can say that again.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.