more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Micky Adams our new Director of Football

Started by FulhamStu, December 13, 2017, 11:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

What do you think.

He is still a proper football man who is excellent in the transfer market and would
understand the lower leagues talents that we could pick up for little outlay.

Would unit the fans, but has he still got the desire and would he want it.

More to the point, does Shahid Khan know who he is ?

hovewhite

Its not a bad idea,but dont think the khans know anything history wise of our club,also mickey would have an opinion thats football related that khan jr would not like as he wouldnt be in control.

filham

We need to move away from too many chiefs and concentrate on getting a good class of indian.

We need to have a good winter window and for Joconovic to be given full control of all team matters without interference from Directors of Football, Stats Boys and the like. Come May we will then be able to make a fair judgement on him.

Woolly Mammoth

I would like to see Micky Adams appointed assuming he would want it.
But I can see the Khans blocking it as he is a Football Professional with a lifetime of experience in the game, and the appointment is related to football.
All this is completely alien to the Khans.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

It is kind of getting desperate on here, isn't it?  We apparently now have a concession that our existing DoF is not fit for purpose, something that should have been obvious a long time ago., but, just like the Malone thread elsewhere, we behave as if all you have to do to stop the water entering the boat is stick a finger in.  The fact there is a lot more than one hole to plug (it's woodworm for pity sake) is not going to stop those for whom the penny may have just dropped from coming up with cures which are just not suited to the problem.

Ask me who'd be a good DoF and I'd ask you back 'What is your game plan?'  When I have the answer to that question - honestly and seriously - then I may have a guess who'd be a good fit but I don't feel we are anywhere near resolving the issues of where the Khans are taking this lovely football club.

RaySmith

As an experienced manager, I think Micky  might prefer to be offered the managerial job at Fulham.

But it would be good if was offered some role at Fulham- it would certainly be a popular appointment.

FulhamStu

Quote from: filham on December 13, 2017, 12:15:18 PM
We need to move away from too many chiefs and concentrate on getting a good class of indian.

We need to have a good winter window and for Joconovic to be given full control of all team matters without interference from Directors of Football, Stats Boys and the like. Come May we will then be able to make a fair judgement on him.

You can want this all you like, but it ain't gonna happen mate.

FulhamStu

Quote from: toshes mate on December 13, 2017, 01:47:32 PM
It is kind of getting desperate on here, isn't it?  We apparently now have a concession that our existing DoF is not fit for purpose, something that should have been obvious a long time ago., but, just like the Malone thread elsewhere, we behave as if all you have to do to stop the water entering the boat is stick a finger in.  The fact there is a lot more than one hole to plug (it's woodworm for pity sake) is not going to stop those for whom the penny may have just dropped from coming up with cures which are just not suited to the problem.

Ask me who'd be a good DoF and I'd ask you back 'What is your game plan?'  When I have the answer to that question - honestly and seriously - then I may have a guess who'd be a good fit but I don't feel we are anywhere near resolving the issues of where the Khans are taking this lovely football club.

Me thinks, you think too much.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Statto on December 13, 2017, 01:26:43 PM
Well we've been on a trajectory to league 2 since Khan took over so yes, why not hasten the inevitable by putting a league 2 manager in charge of the club. If he's still in touch with Mick Conroy maybe we can put him up front as well

Sarcasm is as they say, the lowest form of human wit.  I'll take that as a no Statto.   It was just a simple question, he comes across so well I thought I would ask, thats all guys !

Holders

He'd be popular but I don't think that job would be for him. I remember him saying when we bought Coleman "£2m for a player? I wouldn't know how to spend £2m on a player - a couple of teams, maybe".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Forever Fulham

The trick will be schmoozing the owner's son, not alienating him.  Winning him over.  Getting to 'yes' while showing deference and patience.  He'll need those qualities. 

Woolly Mammoth

The best trick is for Micky Adams to replace the owners son, rather than placating him.
This outfit will not run smoothly or properly until we have professionals in key positions.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 14, 2017, 03:15:01 AM
The best trick is for Micky Adams to replace the owners son, rather than placating him.
This outfit will not run smoothly or properly until we have professionals in key positions.

That was where I was coming from to be honest.

Listen, do I think a Mickey Adams type can succeed in the modern game, don't know.
What I do know is that he is a proper football guy, loves Fulham, knows the lower leagues
And good at identifying great value.

Could he get on with Slav ?   No idea.   Could he find a replacement to Slav that would
be effective in the English game, probabl., let's be honest this will eventually come to pass
whether it be this season or the end of his contract unless things turn for the better (which they could).

FulhamStu

Quote from: Statto on December 14, 2017, 08:33:57 AM
Sarcasm aside my personal opinion is still that he's a Fulham legend and I'd love him at the club, but for me it would be in a much more minor role. I don't think he has the knowledge or experience to be in any way involved in the how the club is run given our current stature and aspirations, nor do I think he'd be useful as a coach given the contintental influence on the way we (and most good teams) play these days. Personally I'd have him as some sort of part-time off-pitch mentor for the youth players or something like that, if he's interested of course.   

Yes, I think I agree with this Statto.

Burt

This is one of those heart v. head moments.

He's a club legend.

Yet the positive emotions which go with that should not drive a decision in this area. Taking a step back he has been a "journeyman" manager, with the odd bit of success balanced out by some disasters.

If you look at what the role of a Director of Football is, and the skills that you would expect a seasoned operator in this area to possess, then there are probably more qualified candidates out there.

MikeW

Statto: "our current stature and aspirations?" Hmmm
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

filham

Quote from: FulhamStu on December 13, 2017, 02:44:05 PM
Quote from: filham on December 13, 2017, 12:15:18 PM

You can want this all you like, but it ain't gonna happen mate.
Suppose you are right, but those that don't ask don't get.

Keynsham

I'm interested to know why it was Adams that was picked out of the many ex Fulham people out there, when the likes of Coleman were available at the time.  I'm not suggesting Coleman was or is the best fit for this imaginary role, but using his name to point out that there are people out there much better qualified/suitable than Adams.

Some of the thought processes on here absolutely mystify me a lot of the time.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Keynsham on December 15, 2017, 03:57:41 PM
I'm interested to know why it was Adams that was picked out of the many ex Fulham people out there, when the likes of Coleman were available at the time.  I'm not suggesting Coleman was or is the best fit for this imaginary role, but using his name to point out that there are people out there much better qualified/suitable than Adams.

Some of the thought processes on here absolutely mystify me a lot of the time.

Blimey mate, it's pretty obviously because Mickey has been recognised by the club recently, we held an event where he led a question and answer session, and I really enjoyed his interviews on the Fulham website.   It was purely a discussion point, nobody is saying we must do this, it was purely for discussion which is what this board is for.

Why don't you start an interesting debate rather than just throwing muck about eh.