more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Now I know why I never made it as a pro cyclist

Started by Neil D, December 13, 2017, 01:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil D

filham

You just can't understand why the guy didn't ensure he kept clean beyond any doubd.

Woolly Mammoth

Hopefully it will help prevent his colleagues and associates from riding on the pavements, jumping traffic lights and have no lights back or front.
I think you will also find that all this comes in cycles.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Apparently he does  suffer from asthma.

But this a scarily  grey area - you can take the drug, but only so many puffs of an inhaler a day. Sky says his asthma was  more severe than usual one day, so he took extra,  but within the required amount.
The test says it wasn't though- and Froome has to provide a satisfactory explanation or  else he will be banned. In recent years two cyclists have been banned for this drug, but one got off - his explanation accepted.

AS said - you think they would stay away from  anything with such a risk - he must be one of the most tested  cyclists around.

Dixie

I do have asthma and still didn't manage to make it as a pro cyclist!

As a weekend warrior (i do about 65km on a Sunday morning with other MAMILs) i can sympathise with Froome - sometimes i just can't get my breath and a quick puff on the inhaler does help.
When you take a puff into your mouth though, it's easy to angle the inhaler so that most of the spray doesn't actually make it to your throat where it's needed, but i wonder if it still makes it into your bloodstream via your mouth?

I really, really hope that he is not a cheat - even if he is exonerated, he is still going to get hell from the French crowd at the Tour de France - they hate him already!!
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!

Burt

It's a shame, given how heavily tainted the sport already is. It's the last thing they need.