https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Put Your Questions to Jim Stannard

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 13, 2017, 07:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Put Your Questions to Jim Stannard

"He's fat, he's round, he's worth a million pounds"

Jim Stannard has kindly offered to answer some questions from the Friends of Fulham members, so, if he was a hero of yours back in the day, then please feel free to put them forward.

You might want to ask questions like;

What was your best game in a FFC shirt?

Was you sad to leave the Club when you did?

What were your reasons for leaving?

Do you still come back watch the super Whites?

Do you feel you should have been credited for that goal up at Crewe?

What are you up to now?

Those who watched Jim play, would have known he made 41 appearances between 1980-1985, before returning to the Club, and making 348 appearances between 1987 - 1995, before departing for Gillingham.

Once we've collect your questions, we'll send these to Jim, and post the answers once he's returned them.

Make your questions interesting, but, please be courteous and respectable.

Jimsbeerbelly

My favourite ever player.

Jim, was sad to see you leave when you did, rumours flying around at the time, that the Club had only offered you a £1 increase on a new contract. Was this true, or did you just fancy a change?

Cheers  :wine:

Sir Alec of good Stock

When we lost 7-0 at Chester, is it true that the team had been told that the game had been postponed, had a few drinks at the hotel and were then told that the game was actually on?

One James stannard

:Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro:  :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro:

Friendsoffulham

Bit slow on the questions for Jim, surely a few fans have something to ask him? He's kindly offered to do this for Friends of Fulham, so we would like deliver a decent amount of questions.

Carborundum

Were you ever asked to restrict distribution to short passes to defenders?  If so, how did it work out?

keith

Jim. Who was your favourite Manager whilst playing for Fulham ?.

FFChris

Which goalkeeper did you admire most when you were playing and who do you admire now?

Who was the best defender that you played behind?

WhiteJC

which defender gave you the most confidence?

which opposition player gave you the most concern?

did you (or the team) have any pre-match rituals?

favourite away ground/team to play

Andy S

Hi Jim what would you rate as your most disastrous game and did the song that was sung for you cause embarassment ( He's fat he's round he's worth a million pound Jim Stanard)

Samjack

In our relegation season 93/94. I thought you were outstanding- pulled off one of the best saves I've ever seen in a 2-1 win at Brentford. That season I rated you as one of the best keepers in the country. Do you think you could've played at an even higher level than you did? And if you do why do you think you didn't? (I hope that doesn't sound rude... I say that as a huge admirer of your ability and career)

Samjack

On a similar theme... who do you rate as the best player/s you played with at Fulham (other than yourself of course)?

Samjack

Are you still mates with any former teammates from your Fulham days?

RaySmith

Was Gerry Peyton a big influence on you Jim?

Which keepers influenced you when you were young, and who do you rate now?

Did you always want to be a keeper?  If not, what position would you have liked to have played in?

BestOfBrede

Do you still watch/take an interest in how we are doing?
If so, what is your opinion on how we have faired over the years?

Barrett487

Are you pleased that the eating of pies was only outlawed after the flagrant abuse of the privilege by Wayne Shaw of Sutton United?

ps.. luv you Jim

SP

Who was your main influence as a young keeper & how has the coaching of goalkeepers changed since your playing days?

sunburywhite

Tell us what you remember about your goal against Crewe
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Burt

Friendsoffulham

We are looking to get our questions across to Jim over the weekend, so, if you've not yet contributed, please get them in.