watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Or maybe not - Tattoos

Started by finnster01, September 18, 2010, 08:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

I am in my very old tender age of 49 and actually thinking of treating myself to my first tat...Actually thought about it once before but at that time I couldn't afford it. Many years ago.  Even a little one I couldn't pay for then, I was poor as a bar steward.

It will obviously be Fulham related (although my girlfriend will viciously object) but what should I get? Should I get the old crest or the new one (which seems simpler and cheaper...)? I want something with a sea anthem on. Also from you lads who have had them for a while, do they age/lose colour/look like poo after a while etc. and how do you maintain it?

Just curious as I would want something with a sea connection, and the old badge had the big boat on top. I like the look of that but not sure if I trust a yank over here to do it properly and with real Fulham love.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Terry Tibbs

Losing colour shouldn't be an issue if it's black & white, Finnster!  :54:

FatFreddysCat

Got both the old and new tats on my legs, they do fade a little, but not much. I took my dads advice when he told me that if you must get one, get one you can cover up e.g top of your arms etc. I could wear a tee shirt and jeans and no one would know i've got five tattoos, very good bit of advice to be fair to him.

mrska

Ive got 2 Fulham Tattoos at the top of each arm.  I have the old badge which i had done in 1995.  Its faded abit but i can always get it recoloured. The other one i had done in 1997  is the 1975 Cup Final FFc badge. This is all black  with FULHAM Above it and ENGLAND below it.

Ive never regretted having them done  and i plan to get the new badge done.. either lower down the arm or on my leg.

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 18, 2010, 08:42:12 PM
Got both the old and new tats on my legs, they do fade a little, but not much. I took my dads advice when he told me that if you must get one, get one you can cover up e.g top of your arms etc. I could wear a tee shirt and jeans and no one would know i've got five tattoos, very good bit of advice to be fair to him.
Good call on you and your dad Mr Fred. Now adays I could not show a tat in public just because everyone is so PC and it would be a non-starter.

I was thinking on the back of my shoulder. A bit gay, I know, but that way I have Fulham written on my body and people won't see it during work hours.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: finnster01 on September 18, 2010, 08:49:41 PM
Quote from: FatFreddysCat on September 18, 2010, 08:42:12 PM
Good call on you and your dad Mr Fred. Now adays I could not show a tat in public just because everyone is so PC and it would be a non-starter.

I was thinking on the back of my shoulder. A bit gay, I know, but that way I have Fulham written on my body and people won't see it during work hours.

Good idea Finny, i've got my kids names going from one shoulder to the other. Dont think it made much differance to me, but i suppose a few customers might be put of by tattoos, so a good call by my dad.

SteveM19

Best piece of advice -- look at Dempsey's tattooes, and don't get anything near what he has. The guy with the needle must have been mad at him.

CorkedHat

I was in hospital with a bloke who had "Ludo" tattoed on his todger. When this pretty nurse walked by it became "Llandudno".  :007:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Logicalman

Quote from: CorkedHat on September 19, 2010, 04:04:17 AM
I was in hospital with a bloke who had "Ludo" tattoed on his todger. When this pretty nurse walked by it became "Llandudno".  :007:

That reminds me of a similar joke Mr CH.
This guy is so in love with his girlfriend - Wendy - he gets her name tattooed along the length of his todger. Well, they finally marry and go to the Caribbean for their honeymoon. One day he's caught a little short and has to take a pee in the public urinal. Whilst there he sees this local bloke in the spot next to him, and glancing down, he sees the same Wendy tattoo. He is so excited he says to the guy "Hey, that's a coincidence, my girlfriends name is Wendy as well", To which the guy replies " That's not my girlfriends name, it says ' Welcome to Barbados, have a nice day'

Finn,
Been having the same thoughts as you on this, for the past 3 years though, and still haven't got the courage to get it done. I want one that has both Fulham and England in it.
We saw one for SWMBO in the tat shop just up from the Fulham Shop when we were over, but didn't have the time to get one done. Had the Stars and Stripes and Union Jack together.
Best one I saw was some guy had a 'Made In England' around his belly button in a circle.

blingo

Not something i would ever do. But to each his own.

looking at it from a naval point of view and with CH's comment in mind, why not have HMS on your todger and when u get one on it reads Hammersmith End? :007:

finnster01

Quote from: blingo on September 19, 2010, 11:07:07 AM
Not something i would ever do. But to each his own.

looking at it from a naval point of view and with CH's comment in mind, why not have HMS on your todger and when u get one on it reads Hammersmith End? :007:
Outstanding suggestion Mr Blingo.
Unfortunately they don't have small enough fonts for my todger to get all that in there  :011:

I would struggle with Putney End

blingo

not even this size lol ????????????????

SHADY1

we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

FatFreddysCat

SHADY1

we are Fulham stay realistic or be for ever disappointed ...

RidgeRider

Finn,

My father had tattoos on both arms. He got them in San Francisco while drunk when he was 18 or 19. He had a martini put on his right arm and an 'A' done in some old style script on the left, 'A' is the first letter of our last name.

When I was a young lad I asked my Dad what the 'A' stood for on his tattoo. His reply was: "son, that 'A' stands for arsehole, for having the tattoo put on in the first place".

That stuck with me my whole life and being nearly the same age as you I have never even considered a tattoo however if you really want one, then get it and put it in a place like where Fred suggests. Tattoo's are like a pair of Levi's, everyone seems to have one now.

If you are looking for something interesting to adorn your body with why not drop the dosh and get a patek philippe so you can at least take it off.  :dft012:

Jimbobob

:018: :018: :018: :018: :018: :dft012: :dft012: :dft012: :dft012: :dft012:

Finnster:
I didn't get mine tell a bit later in later in life due to my wife being a judgemental bitch.
Just be sure you really want one and take the time to find an exceptional artist that will do exactly what you want with their own creative touch. Also realize that after you do get it you will have a small panic moment of regret but it will fade away quickly. If you really want one do it!!!
I love mine and will be getting one in honor of my children soon!!!

"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

TheDaddy

To be honest i dont see the what all the fuss is about ?
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

jarv

A mate of mine has 3 girls names on his upper arm. His wife asked him "where is my name?  His response... "they will always be my daughters".

Jimbobob

Quote from: jarv on September 19, 2010, 10:16:02 PM
A mate of mine has 3 girls names on his upper arm. His wife asked him "where is my name?  His response... "they will always be my daughters".

:54: :018: :54:
Hilarious......excellent!!!!!
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?