Main Menu

Great Story - We can learn a lot from the Germans

Started by finnster01, September 19, 2010, 12:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Jimpav

It's inspirational stuff.

Personally I think our ST prices are very fair, especially given the quality of football we play and our excellent home record.

I don't know how long this will be sustainable for though if our success continues. ST sales continue to grow and with the excitement and success we have had in the PL/Europe in recent years I can see a spike in the number of supporters in the short term.

Long term I can see a steady upwards curve in the number of supporters. Look around you on match day at all the kids there. If just 25% of them continued to support us we would gradually outgrow the cottage or ST prices would increase.

The problem with the UK is that SKY got involved and fans have been paying for it ever since. The PL has become a brand and we are the ones paying for it.

epsomraver

Where's your season ticket ? what area and how much did you pay?

FatFreddysCat

How i'd love to be able to stand in the Enclosure again. £157 for a seaon ticket in Germany and moaning about having to pay over 20 Euro a game superb. Plus they get free travel on the local transport if they have a match ticket. Also they have some great teams but they all have to balance the books, none of their teams are in debt. And their beer is better. I loved Germany , great place, nice people  :54:

jarv

Excellent column. Thanks.
Future looks interesting re: Liverpool. manyoo. I still cannot understand why RH took the job. Dumb and dumber owners, angry fans and too few good players. (also, no money!)
manyoo fans? (from Bournemouth, Hemel Hempstead etc). I have no idea what makes them tick. I know some here in america, (carlisle, cambridge and Derry).  Why manyoo? They have no answer.
When Ferguson retires....they are in real trouble.

ScalleysDad

I don't know if we will ever be able to reintegrate 'civilised' standing on a terrace. I think most of us in Hamburg stood for the whole thing but the seating and steps made those ridiculous surges impossible. Certainly a terraced area for the would be choir would help with the noise levels and the "sid down" brigade could be sat in the away section.

Jimpav

Quote from: epsomraver on September 19, 2010, 12:44:32 PM
Where's your season ticket ? what area and how much did you pay?

H5 it works out under £30 a game. My brother in law pays a lot more at Spurs and a Gooner in the family pays upwards of £900.