https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside Stand Support

Started by Friendsoffulham, January 03, 2018, 06:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Quote from: flyingfish on January 04, 2018, 02:30:59 PM
Quote from: HamsterWheel on January 04, 2018, 02:03:41 PM
Sure I read the flats were also for some of the new players to use whilst they sorted out permanent gaffs.

Interesting idea. In Soccernomics there is a whole section on the book about the difference it makes to overseas footballers when the football club makes a great deal of effort in helping them settle, like for instance - helping them find somewhere to live, pairing them off with a mentor player, advising on schools for kids, organising simple stuff like setting up utilities accounts, registering Council tax etc social events for wives and girlfriends, translators etc and then on the pitch not demanding too much from the first game, easing them into the job as it were. Some clubs apparently are dreadful at it, not even giving new players lockers, encouraging divisive cliques based on language etc . Not surprisingly and completely obviously, the performance of overseas players is massively enhanced  and they settle quicker if they haven't got a lonely homesick wife, trying to find school places for the kids and spending hours screaming down the phone at NPower trying to get a leccy account set up. Man City leads the way with player assistance apparently, but I'd be interested to know how Fulham performs in this area, but something like apartments in the Cottage would massively help I'm sure

I've heard we're pretty hot on it.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I spent the first 27 years of my life living in Fulham and most of the other 50 years living in leafy Epsom.

As such may I ask a simple question which is  - I always thought that for Planning Applications, support or objections carry most weight if they are from local residents and businesses who would be most affected by any proposals.

This would exclude any letters of support from people who live outside the borough

I will be quite happy to sign, but  will the Council take my views into account?

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on January 04, 2018, 04:33:06 PM
I spent the first 27 years of my life living in Fulham and most of the other 50 years living in leafy Epsom.

As such may I ask a simple question which is  - I always thought that for Planning Applications, support or objections carry most weight if they are from local residents and businesses who would be most affected by any proposals.

This would exclude any letters of support from people who live outside the borough

If it was a loft extension, then I'd agree with you. However the club employs locals, pays business rates and brings in large groups of people who would potentially spend money in the surrounding area. Pubs, restaurants etc. The new plan opens up the river walk and provides more retail space, hence more jobs.
So I'd think they'll take the views of people outside the borough into consideration. I'm taking a belt and braces view on this and insisting both my chauffeur and butler support the club in this matter.

Fernhurst

Right...... I'm all signed up so let's get on with it.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

MJG

In answer to the question(s) about the flats (A subject which more than anything I have looked into) there are many reasons the club give in regards to the current development.
Firstly if we look back at the inital MAF riverside stand it had 6 flats and then this was reduced to 4 flats as 2 were made bigger. As to these being made for sale or rent I have not found that detail out.
Onto the new design and eyebrows are raised that its 9 apartments. Firstly the floor space which is slightly larger than the previous plan is less than 10% extra floor space. So they have reduced the size of the flats to fit more in.
The plan is for them to be serviced. I have specifically asked will they be for sale and the answer was no. I think it will end up being a mix of short term private lets (6 months) and for club use.
Reasons given range from the obvious financal ones. Now maybe some will say why would we need them given where we are and where we aim to be. But if for whatever reason we found ourselves in the duldrums again, then even 250K-500K a year rent would make a lot of difference.
Onsite security is another cited. By that they mean there will be people in teh flats all the time and as the back of the stand (walkway) will now be open and with possibly a Bar etc in the stand as well, it helps having people around the area instead of a bit of a gost town I suppose.
We have looked into the change in use of the land and thats not affected so I dont see this as a thin end of a wedge to get property on the site.

Hope that helps
Just the views of a long term fan

Fulham Tup North

DONE & my good lady has also signed :)
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

junior white

my guess is apartments are for an additional revenue stream, short term lets in the area for apartments are quite pricy.

why do they need people to sign a petition, is there an issue? i always thought it was up to people to object to something rather than the proposer getting support and a petition together

ffc73

What other football club/s have apartments built within their stadium?

SG

Quote from: MJG on January 04, 2018, 08:10:59 PM
In answer to the question(s) about the flats (A subject which more than anything I have looked into) there are many reasons the club give in regards to the current development.
Firstly if we look back at the inital MAF riverside stand it had 6 flats and then this was reduced to 4 flats as 2 were made bigger. As to these being made for sale or rent I have not found that detail out.
Onto the new design and eyebrows are raised that its 9 apartments. Firstly the floor space which is slightly larger than the previous plan is less than 10% extra floor space. So they have reduced the size of the flats to fit more in.
The plan is for them to be serviced. I have specifically asked will they be for sale and the answer was no. I think it will end up being a mix of short term private lets (6 months) and for club use.
Reasons given range from the obvious financal ones. Now maybe some will say why would we need them given where we are and where we aim to be. But if for whatever reason we found ourselves in the duldrums again, then even 250K-500K a year rent would make a lot of difference.
Onsite security is another cited. By that they mean there will be people in teh flats all the time and as the back of the stand (walkway) will now be open and with possibly a Bar etc in the stand as well, it helps having people around the area instead of a bit of a gost town I suppose.
We have looked into the change in use of the land and thats not affected so I dont see this as a thin end of a wedge to get property on the site.

Hope that helps

Don't trust Khan and his side kicks so will not provide my support to anything he does even if it seems its cutting off my nose to spite myself. Flats could easily be the thin edge of the wedge.
One minute he is quoted as identifying targets for the window then we are told that we aren't. The guy is a first class bullshitter.
I think he is now going through the motions to make the club appear more valuable to a third party. Not prepared to invest further in the team we will tread water in this division. Promotion would require more investment which he is not prepared to undertake.

Mighty Maik

Thanks for the informationand explanation MJG!

G_Gribby

Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

fcfulham55

I will do whatever it takes to fill that form in. I will fill it in soon.

Sent from my Nokia 3310

Jims Dentist

Quote from: SG on January 05, 2018, 10:09:48 AM
Quote from: MJG on January 04, 2018, 08:10:59 PM

Hope that helps

Don't trust Khan and his side kicks so will not provide my support to anything he does even if it seems its cutting off my nose to spite myself. Flats could easily be the thin edge of the wedge.
One minute he is quoted as identifying targets for the window then we are told that we aren't. The guy is a first class bullshitter.
I think he is now going through the motions to make the club appear more valuable to a third party. Not prepared to invest further in the team we will tread water in this division. Promotion would require more investment which he is not prepared to undertake.
I find myself agreeing with you SG.

gang

The club have a standard form on their website regarding the application asking for support from supporters.

love4ffc

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

mrmicawbers

Had a good look yesterday.Didn't realise that they had estimated the cost at 80 million.I appreciate that this is a lot larger and more complex than the original plan,but wasn't that estimated in the 20 millions?

Friendsoffulham

Riverside Stand Support

Fulham Football Club submitted a Planning Application on 1st December to the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham (LBHF) for the Riverside Stand development at Craven Cottage.

To view the planning summary, please click here: http://www.fulhamfc.com/stadium-development/the-application/application-submitted

Background:

Craven Cottage has been the home of Fulham Football Club since 1896. Fulham Football Club was granted planning permission in 2013 for its previous design and the new application has developed the 2013 scheme by creating a riverside development of its prominent location on the Thames.

The new design will address the Club's operational and sporting requirements during the football season, looking to increase the capacity to almost 30,000 from the current 25,700. It will also provide a community hub that will add to the vibrancy of the local area on non-match days.

The Club is contacting its fans to seek their support with the planning application.

Statement:

I support Fulham Football Club's application to redevelop the Riverside Stand, safeguarding the Club's plans of keeping Craven Cottage as its home whilst creating a new public riverside walk and an exciting environment for the local area.

Please fill out the form in order to support the Club's Riverside Stand development.

Form here: http://www.fulhamfc.com/riverside-stand-support

grandad

Done but worried about any shadow casting over my pool here in Spain.
Where there's a will there's a wife