watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Martin O'Neil / Lverpoo'

Started by Terry Tibbs, September 19, 2010, 04:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Tibbs

I just had a sneaky look at the Poo's fans' forum, and one of their 'faithful' is wetting his red & white knickers because the Daily Star reckon O'Neil is being lined up to take over.  :038:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/154496/Martin-O-Neill-in-line-for-Anfield/

RidgeRider

Very interesting, sad, and in incredible poor taste by this paper. Hodgson has barely got his program started and he was not able to spend much in the transfer market and in fact lost talent in the process. I realize you they need to sell papers but c'mon....

Not fair really, if true, but life isn't fair and by the way....as a Yank, how serious can i take the musings of a paper that has boobies on the front page?  :011:

SmithyFFC

Not having a go but this is a Fulham forum. Why do we have to have a new thread everyday about Roy and his failings at Liverpool. To be honest I couldn't care less about Roy I've moved on. Can't we all?
FTID

RidgeRider

To be fair, I think the thread was more about O'Neil to Liverpool, big footie news I think, rather than the other chaps possible failings. Blame me for turning it into that.

I agree though we have a lot of threads on that topic, but I think that is more a function of people's continued interest, even if it annoys some.

Terry Tibbs

I'm slightly baffled at your point of view.  As I look at this board right now, I see threads about the dark side's game, Man City and many other non-Fulham topics.  I thought that Woy's situation would be of interest to fellow Whites fans.  Sorry if you disagree, but I hope you'll indulge me.

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on September 19, 2010, 05:08:50 PM
Not having a go but this is a Fulham forum. Why do we have to have a new thread everyday about Roy and his failings at Liverpool. To be honest I couldn't care less about Roy I've moved on. Can't we all?

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

O Neil in by Xmas and"that Roy"out of a job-happy days
bitter?me? o yes :005: :005: :005: :005: :005:

finnster01

I've said this all late summer after Roy moved.

Oct 5th is D-Day for him and he will be out on his arse if RBS can find a buyer in time. From what I hear they have, but the buyers are holding out to get them as cheap as possible. The Tom Hicks thing is very unlikely to happen. The board evidently will have nothing of it unless it is the last resort. The BA guy was brought in to sell and that is what he intends to do. They are just playing a game of chicken to see how cheap they can get the red scousers.

Martin O'Neal could very well be the next manager. I have also heard Klinsman but I find that less likely. I am convinced Roy is shown the door as soon as a proper new owner is found. RBS doesn't want to be in the football management business but them taking over is probably Roy's best bet. I just don't see him having a job soon.

16th in the table is not really what Liverpool was looking for.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Jimpav

Roy won't struggle to find another good job in football but as for Liverpool who knows what will happen next.

Terry Tibbs

Klinnsmann - really?  I'd say that the leprecaun is the best out there right now.  The German diver has no track record/experience of Prem management.  Wonder where Woy would go....maybe Bristol City (didn't he have connections or start off there?)
Quote from: finnster01 on September 19, 2010, 05:52:27 PM
I've said this all late summer after Roy moved.

Oct 5th is D-Day for him and he will be out on his arse if RBS can find a buyer in time. From what I hear they have, but the buyers are holding out to get them as cheap as possible. The Tom Hicks thing is very unlikely to happen. The board evidently will have nothing of it unless it is the last resort. The BA guy was brought in to sell and that is what he intends to do. They are just playing a game of chicken to see how cheap they can get the red scousers.

Martin O'Neal could very well be the next manager. I have also heard Klinsman but I find that less likely. I am convinced Roy is shown the door as soon as a proper new owner is found. RBS doesn't want to be in the football management business but them taking over is probably Roy's best bet. I just don't see him having a job soon.

16th in the table is not really what Liverpool was looking for.

Jimpav

I would expect he would bide his time for a vacancy to become free in Italy. Hard to say though mate.

TonyGilroy

His next job will likely be to try to save a failing Prem League club and repeat the Fulham experience.

Terry Tibbs

Good call - hope it's not us again!!

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 19, 2010, 07:05:57 PM

His next job will likely be to try to save a failing Prem League club and repeat the Fulham experience.

jarv

we must nor forget all the negative comments about RH when he came to Fulham. Not many had faith in him  (Roy who?) but he left Fulham in the best shape ever. Look at yesterdays performance, absolutely superb, they played Blackburn off the park.
Good squad to work with. Good habits, very professional.

RidgeRider

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 19, 2010, 07:05:57 PM

If not the England job, this would seem more likely.

Hey, what about Liverpool?  :dft011:

Terry Tibbs

Trouble is, jarv, they won't have the patience we had.

Quote from: jarv on September 19, 2010, 10:28:32 PM
we must nor forget all the negative comments about RH when he came to Fulham. Not many had faith in him  (Roy who?) but he left Fulham in the best shape ever. Look at yesterdays performance, absolutely superb, they played Blackburn off the park.
Good squad to work with. Good habits, very professional.