watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stoke Injuries Ahead Of Fulham Game

Started by White Noise, September 19, 2010, 10:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/978670/PULIS-FACING-TREBLE-HELL.html

PULIS FACING TREBLE HELL

Injury woe for Potters

18/09/2010

TONY PULIS has an injury crisis ahead of Tuesday's Carling Cup clash with Fulham.

Jermaine Pennant (hamstring), Jonathan Walters (ankle) and Kenwyne Jones (groin) are all major doubts for Stoke.

Pulis' assistant boss Dave Kemp said: "They are three important players but we won't know until Monday.

"We have a lot of injuries at the moment, I can't really understand it."

Former Liverpool and Arsenal midfielder Pennant was the pick of Stoke's players on his first start since his move from Real Zaragoza. Kemp added: "He had a lot of the ball, he is a very clever player and he can make a big difference to the team.

"He has played for a lot of good clubs and I'm sure some of that will rub off on our players."

Stoke secured a point when Jones scored with a header at the start of the second half, but they are struggling to settle into their rhythm.

Kemp said: "I'm not sure whether this is two points lost or not. We beat Aston Villa at the start of the week, so it's difficult to assess."

Brede Butter Pudding

To be honest they've got enough quality to replace those players. Jones will be replaced by Fuller, who I rate higher than Jones, Walters can be replaced by Eidur and Pennant can be replaced by Whelan. They're actually a decent side. It would be 1000000 times more useful if Delap was injured, but you can't have it all your way!

Also, I know Dembele got stamped on a few times yesterday so he might be a doubt for the game. Anyone think we've got a chance of winning this? I can't see it happening myself...

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on September 19, 2010, 10:44:37 PM
To be honest they've got enough quality to replace those players. Jones will be replaced by Fuller, who I rate higher than Jones, Walters can be replaced by Eidur and Pennant can be replaced by Whelan. They're actually a decent side. It would be 1000000 times more useful if Delap was injured, but you can't have it all your way!

Also, I know Dembele got stamped on a few times yesterday so he might be a doubt for the game. Anyone think we've got a chance of winning this? I can't see it happening myself...
Cant see why we cant win, same sort of roughouse football as Bolton and Blackburn, and if anyone desrved to win them two games it was us.

TheDaddy

We will win by 2 have to be careful as the misses is sitting next to me  :028:
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Terry Tibbs

I'm not masively bothered about the Carlesberg Cup.  I'd be quite happy if MH rested some players we don't want worked over by Stoke's 'style' of play (Dem-Pele, Brede etc.).

I 'd love a run in the FA Cup, but the League/Milk/Litllewoods/Coca Cola cup was always extra games no one needed, IMHO.

Maybe we could use it to have a look a the 2 Liverpool boys we got in the Konchesky deal?

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Terry Tibbs on September 19, 2010, 10:52:30 PM
I'm not masively bothered about the Carlesberg Cup.  I'd be quite happy if MH rested some players we don't want worked over by Stoke's 'style' of play (Dem-Pele, Brede etc.).

I 'd love a run in the FA Cup, but the League/Milk/Litllewoods/Coca Cola cup was always extra games no one needed, IMHO.

Maybe we could use it to have a look a the 2 Liverpool boys we got in the Konchesky deal?
I'd love us to win the Carling Cup , maybe one or two changes but i hope for a near full strengh team. But yeah i'd like to see the Scouse boys or Trotta see some action.

Brede Butter Pudding

It's a route into Europe though Tel!  :54:

Terry Tibbs

So is Eurostar.  Seriously, our squad ain't that deep (to say the least).  Chilling thought, but what are out options up front if DemPele gets ruled out long-term?

Evening, Mr Pudding!

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on September 19, 2010, 11:06:26 PM

It's a route into Europe though Tel!  :54:

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: Terry Tibbs on September 19, 2010, 11:12:48 PM
So is Eurostar.  Seriously, our squad ain't that deep (to say the least).  Chilling thought, but what are out options up front if DemPele gets ruled out long-term?

Evening, Mr Pudding!

It's a route into Europe though Tel!  :54:

Good evening squire, well AJ and Kamara should be back in the next few weeks, and we've got super EJ and Elm (God forbid) and Riise is also another attacking option if need be. Could also give Dalle Valle or whatever his name is a run out. But let's hope Dem-pele is safe and sound!

ImperialWhite

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on September 19, 2010, 10:44:37 PM

I don't think we'll win either - although a few of the Stoke fans are worried. Not sure why myself - it requires a win, and we don't win against sides like Stoke away.

Terry Tibbs

Mmmm, forgive me if I don't burst my colostomy with excitement.  AJ & Kamara are coming off big injuries....and not brim-full of confidence even when 100% fit.  The others are just not top Prem standard IMHO.  Hughsie has got to get busy in January and get us another DemPele, a creative midfielder and a versatile defender.  And he hasn't got pots and pots to spend.  But he has a great record for un-earthing gems, so I'm optimistic that he'll do it.  Meanwhile, we've got to be sensible with the players we've got - especially the key ones - and rest players where we can.  Most importantly, he's got to get someone with a name off the sweet trolley...in case Brede goes and leaves you high and dry, mate.

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on September 19, 2010, 11:17:42 PM
Quote from: Terry Tibbs on September 19, 2010, 11:12:48 PM
So is Eurostar.  Seriously, our squad ain't that deep (to say the least).  Chilling thought, but what are out options up front if DemPele gets ruled out long-term?

Evening, Mr Pudding!

I'm not masively bothered about the Carlesberg Cup.  I'd be quite happy if MH rested some players we don't want worked over by Stoke's 'style' of play (Dem-Pele, Brede etc.).

It's a route into Europe though Tel!  :54:

Good evening squire, well AJ and Kamara should be back in the next few weeks, and we've got super EJ and Elm (God forbid) and Riise is also another attacking option if need be. Could also give Dalle Valle or whatever his name is a run out. But let's hope Dem-pele is safe and sound!

Jimpav

I think we can take them to extra time but will probably crash out.

I don't think it's worth risking our first team against those bruisers so perhaps Gera will get a run out.

Would also like to see Elm get some playing time. He's as good as that lump Fuller if not better.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: Jimpav on September 20, 2010, 12:35:06 PM
I think we can take them to extra time but will probably crash out.

I don't think it's worth risking our first team against those bruisers so perhaps Gera will get a run out.

Would also like to see Elm get some playing time. He's as good as that lump Fuller if not better.
I'd count Gera as a first team player anyhow so hope he starts, Elm is no where near Fuller. And perhaps Briggs could start as well.