watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Trouble for Liverpool is Trouble for us

Started by Peppo, September 19, 2010, 11:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peppo

I'm sure that today Roy will look at 2 of Berbatovs goals and think that if he had had Hangeland in his defense then they would have been defended. Will he be tempted to go for Hangeland in the January break? 

Terry Tibbs

Just what I said earlier Peppo on the match thread.

If he goes, we are in deep, deep trouble.

finnster01

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. First of all he does not have any money. Second of all he will not have a job after Oct 5th. The bookies won't even take that bet ATM
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

look at it another way,do you think Brede would uproot his family to go to a team with a big reputation and small bank balance, to work for a manager that left the team he was in originally because he thought the skint team was a better bet, and he might be gone soon anyway?????

Brede is earning good money,is loved and is settled-that means alot :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

HatterDon

Believe me, I've been around you guys to understand Fulhamish, but I'm amazed that (a) every good performance by a Fulham player AND/OR (b) every poor performance by a Big-4 player AUTOMATICALLY means that we're going to lose somebody to a Big Four club. It's as if the player has no say, the FFC board and the manager have no say, and that we're just a Chinese menu in really tight shirts with pedophilic logos.

Besides, if Hangeland goes to Liverpool, it's not our lookout. After all, according to most of you, he's been wearing an Arsenal uniform for more than a year now.   :005:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Terry Tibbs

Hatter, it ALWAYS happens to us.

Slightly before my time, we lost Alan Clark, Alan Mullery, Rodney Marsh and others for absolute peanuts.

During my time, we've given away (as good as) Tony Gale, Ray Houghton, Paul Parker....and most of the team who played Liverpool off the park 3 times in the early 80s (when they had Dalglish, Hansen, Rush, Souness etc, and were smashing teams apart all over Europe).

But I take heart from what the guys above have said about Brede being genuinely happy with us, and the Poo being potless!!

Quote from: HatterDon on September 19, 2010, 11:20:43 PM
Believe me, I've been around you guys to understand Fulhamish, but I'm amazed that (a) every good performance by a Fulham player AND/OR (b) every poor performance by a Big-4 player AUTOMATICALLY means that we're going to lose somebody to a Big Four club. It's as if the player has no say, the FFC board and the manager have no say, and that we're just a Chinese menu in really tight shirts with pedophilic logos.

Besides, if Hangeland goes to Liverpool, it's not our lookout. After all, according to most of you, he's been wearing an Arsenal uniform for more than a year now.   :005:

finnster01

Mr Terry I also remember travelling a shitty September night in 86 to Anfield in the Carling Cup (the league cup back then). Liverpool - Fulham 10-0  Steve McMahon scored 4 and even missed a penalty on top, Ian Rush nicked 2 I don't remember the rest but unbelievably enough Kenny Dalglish didn't score.

It was so bad even the red scouser fans felt sorry for us and we had a nice Conga line as there was bugger all else to do.

Probably my lowest Fulham point ever. Just felt completely helpless.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Mr Fulham

Quote from: Peppo on September 19, 2010, 11:14:09 PM
I'm sure that today Roy will look at 2 of Berbatovs goals and think that if he had had Hangeland in his defense then they would have been defended. Will he be tempted to go for Hangeland in the January break? 

I don't think that Roy will be Liverpool-manager in January.

duffbeer

Quote from: Peppo on September 19, 2010, 11:14:09 PM

That is exactly what I said to my boys today watching the match.  But dont worry.  We will finish above 'pool so why would Brede want to leave?  Fingers crossed.

TheDaddy

Quote from: finnster01 on September 19, 2010, 11:51:39 PM
Mr Terry I also remember travelling a shitty September night in 86 to Anfield in the Carling Cup (the league cup back then). Liverpool - Fulham 10-0  Steve McMahon scored 4 and even missed a penalty on top, Ian Rush nicked 2 I don't remember the rest but unbelievably enough Kenny Dalglish didn't score.

It was so bad even the red scouser fans felt sorry for us and we had a nice Conga line as there was bugger all else to do.

Probably my lowest Fulham point ever. Just felt completely helpless.

What a night tho Mr Finn apart from the dry train and dry bar thousands of bottles of carlsberg but they coundnt sell them to us as the arse of inspector told them not too.Must have been something i said to on the way to the ground mind you i just worked it out i was a cocky 19 year old then.
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

WhiteJC

Quote from: Terry Tibbs on September 19, 2010, 11:36:06 PM
Hatter, it ALWAYS happens to us.

Slightly before my time, we lost Alan Clark, Alan Mullery, Rodney Marsh and others for absolute peanuts.

During my time, we've given away (as good as) Tony Gale, Ray Houghton, Paul Parker....and most of the team who played Liverpool off the park 3 times in the early 80s (when they had Dalglish, Hansen, Rush, Souness etc, and were smashing teams apart all over Europe).

But I take heart from what the guys above have said about Brede being genuinely happy with us, and the Poo being potless!!

I believe its different now, just look at the Konchesky and Smalling deals, we didn't give them away

TonyGilroy

All clubs lose good players to bigger clubs but right now the truth is that there aren't many bigger than us.

Liverpool have a more successful history but then so do Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds and a dozen others outside the Premier League.

Obviously new ownership may well give Liverpool pots of money to spend but I doubt it will be Hodgson spending it.

FC Silver Fox

If Roy looks at all 3 goals, he'll realize they all came from bad marking and positioning from Konch.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Tom

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on September 20, 2010, 08:41:21 AM
If Roy looks at all 3 goals, he'll realize they all came from bad marking and positioning from Konch.
Konch looks awful since moving to Liverpool.
Fulham for life!

CorkedHat

Quote from: Tom on September 20, 2010, 08:52:27 AM
Konch looks awful since moving to Liverpool.

I said that in another thread and I was taking to task for it by Mr Tibbs. I know I am too old to know anything about football so I am glad that you young úns (and Silver Fox  :005:) agree with me. :045:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

AlFayedsChequebook

Not really true though, the third goal was after Konch had been subbed for Agger who was miles off the man who crossed for the header.

The second goal was an outrageous piece of skill and whilst Konch should have been on the post for the first, It was Torres' terrible marking that allowed the goal.

Fernhurst

I have no knowledge of of yesterday's post's - but do admit, when I saw the goals this morning thought immediately our lad could have made a difference.

The media will pick up on this, so nobody should be surprised when the stories appear linking our lad with Liverpool - I was devasted when Alan Mullary, Alan Clark and Malcolm Macdonald departed and ever since, right through to EDVS. We have always been ripe for the odd pillage.

20 million would be cheap for our boy - let's hope we can reverse the trend that's been in place since 1897.

Peabody

He will not go to Liverpool. Firstly, has'nt he just signed a new contract and would therefore cost too much for them to afford. Secondly, has'nt Roy now proved how negative he can be and that is'nt going down to well with the fans. No, I believe that... hold on a minute, you are right CH we (me and you) are far to old to know anything about football, so should leave all this ruminating about the game to those that play Football Manager.

Fernhurst

Oh ........ :58: a post has disappeared if i'm not mistaken ---- who stepped out of line  :010:

Terry Tibbs

Two actually, Fern.

I was irked by what someone said - quite justifiably, IMHO.  However, I removed my response, as I don't want anything kicking off.

I fled the OFAL because of pettyness, so I'm trying to turn the other cheek.

Sorry if anything I removed caused any confusion etc.

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 20, 2010, 01:51:57 PM
Oh ........ :58: a post has disappeared if i'm not mistaken ---- who stepped out of line  :010: