more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Trouble for Liverpool is Trouble for us

Started by Peppo, September 19, 2010, 11:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

Quote from: finnster01 on September 19, 2010, 11:17:26 PM
I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. First of all he does not have any money. Second of all he will not have a job after Oct 5th. The bookies won't even take that bet ATM

From The Daily Star - so this must be right - and this was before the loss to Man U

Martin O'Neill is in line for a ¬sensational return to football – as the next Liverpool boss.
Two of the consortiums trying to buy the Merseyside club want to take ex-Aston Villa chief O'Neill to Anfield if they are ¬successful with ¬proposed takeovers.
They rate O'Neill, 58, a far better bet to bring back the good times to the crisis-torn Reds than current Kop gaffer Roy Hodgson. That will be a massive blow to Hodgson as he ¬battles to ¬restore stability at Liverpool ¬following his summer switch from Fulham.
The ex-Inter Milan coach is already ¬under intense pressure after a shaky start to the season..
Hodgson knows a change of ownership at the club is essential to make long-term progress. Yet, should that happen, he could well find himself surplus to requirements.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

HatterDon

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 20, 2010, 11:56:55 AM
I have no knowledge of of yesterday's post's - but do admit, when I saw the goals this morning thought immediately our lad could have made a difference.

The media will pick up on this, so nobody should be surprised when the stories appear linking our lad with Liverpool - I was devasted when Alan Mullary, Alan Clark and Malcolm Macdonald departed and ever since, right through to EDVS. We have always been ripe for the odd pillage.

20 million would be cheap for our boy - let's hope we can reverse the trend that's been in place since 1897.

To be fair, McDonald was considered a second-string fullback with Fulham, and he didn't become a devastating striker until he was transferred to that mighty top-four club Luton Town [then in the lower reaches of the 2nd division]. Luton transfered him to Newcastle as soon as he became proficient. I think it was to pay the light bill.

My point wasn't that good players don't move on, my point was that just because a player is good doesn't mean that he's going to go to a top four club JUST BECAUSE THEY WANT HIM. I cited Hangeland's "guaranteed loss" to Arsenal last summer, but I could have easily mentioned Schwarzer's guaranteed loss" to Arsenal this summer.  

It's just the "every silver cloud has a black lining" thing that drives me nuts. How many posts did you see "celebrate" Zamora's cap by stating, "Well, we'll NEVER keep him now."  I know; it's Fulhamish and it's the way it is. But we all have relatives that drive us crazy, so why not in this family as well.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: HatterDon on September 20, 2010, 04:14:12 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on September 20, 2010, 11:56:55 AM
I have no knowledge of of yesterday's post's - but do admit, when I saw the goals this morning thought immediately our lad could have made a difference.

The media will pick up on this, so nobody should be surprised when the stories appear linking our lad with Liverpool - I was devasted when Alan Mullary, Alan Clark and Malcolm Macdonald departed and ever since, right through to EDVS. We have always been ripe for the odd pillage.

20 million would be cheap for our boy - let's hope we can reverse the trend that's been in place since 1897.

To be fair, McDonald was considered a second-string fullback with Fulham, and he didn't become a devastating striker until he was transferred to that mighty top-four club Luton Town [then in the lower reaches of the 2nd division]. Luton transfered him to Newcastle as soon as he became proficient. I think it was to pay the light bill.

My point wasn't that good players don't move on, my point was that just because a player is good doesn't mean that he's going to go to a top four club JUST BECAUSE THEY WANT HIM. I cited Hangeland's "guaranteed loss" to Arsenal last summer, but I could have easily mentioned Schwarzer's guaranteed loss" to Arsenal this summer.  

It's just the "every silver cloud has a black lining" thing that drives me nuts. How many posts did you see "celebrate" Zamora's cap by stating, "Well, we'll NEVER keep him now."  I know; it's Fulhamish and it's the way it is. But we all have relatives that drive us crazy, so why not in this family as well.

I guess this is a reaction to the fact that some people havnt adjusted to us being a decent prem league side now. Hangeland and Zamora know that they can help this club achieve and we have a good manager who they respect. Why would they go to Lpool/Arsenal and warm the bench?

Fernhurst

To be fair, McDonald was considered a second-string fullback with Fulham, and he didn't become a devastating striker until he was transferred to that mighty top-four club Luton Town [then in the lower reaches of the 2nd division].

MacDonald had scored 5 goals in 5 appearances before being spirited away to your original loves HD.

However it hurt because he was one of "ours", but then as now his arrogance was showing and fell out badly with Mr Fulham, Johnny Haynes.

Brilliant player and prospect still remembered  with the same affection as Rodney Marsh (another youth team product)

TonyGilroy

Everyone but the manager knew what MacDonald had to offer and giving him away was a crime.

Marsh had all the talent in the world but a lousy attitude and selling him to the 3rd Division and replacing him with Allan Clarke seemed reasonable to me at the time.

Fernhurst

But wasn't he good to watch Tony??????

I remember his cool Mod haircut and being entranced as he beat four defenders rounded the keeper and fell over the ball!!!

TonyGilroy

I remember him doing something similar at Arsenal.

Waltzed past 3 defenders. Turned round to laugh at the 3rd and ran straight into a 4th.

ScalleysDad

Its interesting that we still regard Roy as worthy material but my observation, for all its worth, is that January will be a torrid time for the pool. Torres is'nt enjoying it or even getting it and another rubbish or below par performance for Spain might lead his advisors to push for a move. Reina goes as well ........... oh dear oh dear

Tom

I'm sorry but who gives a poo about Liverpool!  :53:
Fulham for life!