watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Realist striker targets

Started by Bassey the warrior, January 08, 2018, 08:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Realistic striker targets - anyone in our league to make a difference? Or Prem teams but not playing?

I feel it's more pressing than centre back.

Mince n Tatties

Jack Marriott of Peterborough 22 goals this season in total..
Looks like he could step up just like Vardy did from that league,strong and quick.Leeds and Villa are after him so I suppose we will look elsewhere.

Facts Not Fiction

Ulloa
Hemed
Grabban

All hold up strikers, with a wealth of Championship experience and goals.

Smaller strikers such as Marriott and Gayle would be good additions, but I don't think we'd benefit as a whole as much as a target man would.

JimmyConway

always thought Tommy Elphick was a realistic target as he was out of Villa team but has recently got back in whether the return of JT sees him return to wilderness who knows but certainly a player who would be able to go straight in and improve us. Though having a poor season I would even take a punt on Liam Moore of reading think there is a good defender in him.
Forwards I'm not sure if there are many available who suit our style better than Martin right now. If Hugill was available and we could afford then I would make him priority.

twang

We really should go all out on a striker like Ulloa. If it proves to be impossible for one reason or another then someone like Grabban would be decent, but certainly wouldn't scream of ambition to get promoted.

Bronaldinho

Wout Weghorst.

We were linked with him in the summer, and he's continued his fine form ever since.

6'6, target man, prolific and would have been available for around £3-5m in the summer, that price might have just inflated a little by now though.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Bill2

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 08, 2018, 08:28:25 AM
Jack Marriott of Peterborough 22 goals this season in total..
Looks like he could step up just like Vardy did from that league,strong and quick.Leeds and Villa are after him so I suppose we will look elsewhere.
According to paper today will be the man every club will be targeting so price will go up, also we are mentioned in the Grabban fans and among three clubs, Wolves and Villa the others, have asked about him. Cardiff are sniffing around for a loan deal and Wolves have just brought a striker so not sure how they could offer him serious game time.

Woolly Mammoth

By the time our recruitment dudes get back in England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 and remind themselves " hang about it's the transfer window ", " who can we dig out on the cheap that runs in conjunction with our glorious stats dept ".
Therefore, any decent players that may be available will be snapped up by clubs with more ambition than Fulham FC.
All this in the name of.......wait for it......sustainability, a word you will find lurking in the English Oxford Collins Dictionary between Shite and Syphilis.   
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

junior white

Quote from: Bronaldinho on January 08, 2018, 10:15:07 AM
Wout Weghorst.

We were linked with him in the summer, and he's continued his fine form ever since.

6'6, target man, prolific and would have been available for around £3-5m in the summer, that price might have just inflated a little by now though.
I remember him being linked, certainly scores his fair share of goals in the dutch league, not the strongest league though. For every player form the dutch league that is a success over here there are about 5 players who just don't adapt to the physicality.

That aside didnt one of the forum members (cant remember his name but he seemed to have info on European transfers) say that AZ were looking for 10 million plus euros for him last summer and that is why we didnt further that option

We Are Premier League

..FOF..

VancouverWhite

I'd love to get Mitrovic from Newcastle on a season long loan. 

As someone mentioned before, get him some playing time and fit for the World Cup.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: VancouverWhite on January 09, 2018, 02:41:48 AM

As someone mentioned before, get him some playing time and fit for the World Cup.

In talks with Bordeaux, no chance him coming to Championship.

Jims Dentist

Gary Madine.
But, others are interested.
Charlie Wyke of Bradford.
Both the sort we should be looking at who will give us something we don't currently have in the 1st team, or the under 23 squads.

@jolslover

Mitrovic, Ulloa, Hemed. If Slavisa wants a big man, I think he does.
Don't think any of those 3 are realistic, Not really sure we need a striker either (Controversial one) 
STH H3

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jims Dentist on January 11, 2018, 06:34:47 PM
Gary Madine.
But, others are interested.
Charlie Wyke of Bradford.
Both the sort we should be looking at who will give us something we don't currently have in the 1st team, or the under 23 squads.

I agree with you on both players.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

VancouverWhite

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 09, 2018, 08:00:01 AM
Quote from: VancouverWhite on January 09, 2018, 02:41:48 AM

In talks with Bordeaux, no chance him coming to Championship.

Can't we leak a fake rumour, get it tweeted, and then have a less then reputable publication print it out, just to gauge his reaction?  Maybe he wants to play for us, but no one's asked!   :003:

toshes mate

Quote from: VancouverWhite on January 12, 2018, 02:00:54 AM
Can't we leak a fake rumour, get it tweeted, and then have a less then reputable publication print it out, just to gauge his reaction?  Maybe he wants to play for us, but no one's asked!   :003:
One of the best posts on what transfer deals are all about.  I do hope the recruitment team read your last sentence and inwardly digest.