watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Realist striker targets

Started by Bassey the warrior, January 08, 2018, 08:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Ighalo wants to come back from China. He was with our manager at Watford and looked top class. Will our manager offer him a 6 month contract with a proviso that if we go up sign a longer one?

Thank you and good night   

alfie

All these different players is getting a bit silly, if I suggest a player and the club don't go for him does that mean they have failed and have no ambition.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Hoppus

Quote from: bog on January 12, 2018, 09:01:41 AM
Ighalo wants to come back from China. He was with our manager at Watford and looked top class. Will our manager offer him a 6 month contract with a proviso that if we go up sign a longer one?

Thank you and good night   

Yes please, but we will not sign a striker I am afraid.

simplyfulham

Maybe Connor Wickham from Palace.

Suffered a very serious cruciate ligament injury just over a year ago. He's back fit but is yet to begin full training according to Roy. I bet Roy won't want to gamble Palace's safety on a striker returning to fitness. Could be worth having a look at him on a 6 month loan to get some minutes under his belt in the championship.

He's a big man up top who showed a lot of promise when he was playing regularly a few years ago and has done very well in the championship in the past.

toshes mate

Quote from: Hoppus on January 12, 2018, 11:20:44 AM

Thank you and good night   

Yes please, but we will not sign a striker I am afraid.

My feelings too.

YoungsBitter

Javier Hernandez is supposedly being let go from West Ham. They paid £16mm in the summer for him from Bayer Leverkusen, they have to cut their losses so £10-12mm might make that work and would not have to uproot family from London. He always scored the kind of goals our forwards do not seem to be able to and he is still 29. I would think the likelihood of us getting him is higher than Gayle as Gayle is one of only 2 scoring options Benitez has.....unless the Toon take Henrandez who I think played under Rafa at Real Madrid and then let Gayle go?

I liked the Ighalo shout, at times with Watford he was unstoppable but if playing in China he is earning a fortune.
Quark, strangeness and charm

@jolslover

Ighalo and Hernandez would both be the best strikers in the league but would both not come to the championship. There wages would be massive also.
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: YoungsBitter on January 12, 2018, 05:58:39 PM
Javier Hernandez is supposedly being let go from West Ham. They paid £16mm in the summer for him from Bayer Leverkusen, they have to cut their losses so £10-12mm might make that work and would not have to uproot family from London. He always scored the kind of goals our forwards do not seem to be able to and he is still 29. I would think the likelihood of us getting him is higher than Gayle as Gayle is one of only 2 scoring options Benitez has.....unless the Toon take Henrandez who I think played under Rafa at Real Madrid and then let Gayle go?

I liked the Ighalo shout, at times with Watford he was unstoppable but if playing in China he is earning a fortune.

Did you see Hernandez the other day against Shrewsbury in the cup,never hardly got a kick..Useless only after a wage.

toshes mate

Quote from: @jolslover on January 12, 2018, 06:53:36 PM
Ighalo and Hernandez would both be the best strikers in the league but would both not come to the championship. There wages would be massive also.

If only it were that easy to determine how to win the Championship.  I think we could do better with the somebodies who are just a little bit more realistic price and wage wise.  Any transfer is a risk and that is why I would opt for a Marriott rather than a Hernandez.  I'd be interested to know whether SJ actually had the chance to name names or just profiles (that nasty contemporary description of intent) ......

filham

Thank you and good night   
Problem could be that he has not collected Stats in China, remember these days Stats take priority over goals.

filham

A couple of important criteria for a new striker that may be overlooked:-

1. Is he better than Kamara.

2. Does he want to play for Fulham.

Without a clear yes to both of these questions we really should not sign him.

MJG

Quote from: filham on January 13, 2018, 11:06:06 AM

Thank you and good night   
Problem could be that he has not collected Stats in China, remember these days Stats take priority over goals.
Chinese league is covered by full opta stats.
Just the views of a long term fan

filham

Quote from: MJG on January 13, 2018, 11:20:58 AM

Thank you and good night   
Well that of course will be Stats collected in Chinese games and in the hands of our Stats Boys, looking for a Championship player, that could be worse than no Stats at all.

Riversider

1, Lucas Joao (Sheff Wednesday)
2, Jordan Hugill (Preston)
3, Nelson Oliveira (Norwich City)
4, Stick with what we've got until the summer (Fulham FC)
5, Jordan Rhodes (Sheff Wednesday) some on here wanted us to sign him for £9 Miliion 😦
6, Chris Martin (Derby County) some on here wanted us to sign him for £9 Million 💩💩💩

HV71

The OPTA China stats are in : -

A=16 B=21 C=23 D=33 E=47

The Khans have decided to make a bid .............

And have got themselves a .....

.....Saturday Night Takeaway !!!!!!!!!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on January 13, 2018, 12:32:08 PM
Quote from: MJG on January 13, 2018, 11:20:58 AM

Thank you and good night   
Well that of course will be Stats collected in Chinese games and in the hands of our Stats Boys, looking for a Championship player, that could be worse than no Stats at all.

Stats and box ticking are two of the three evils of the footballing world.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

If we win 3-2 today with a Kamara hat trick will we call off the search for a striker and concentrate on finding the big ugly good in the air centre back.

Jonaldiniho 88

Is troy deaney realistic? Think he could be good for us.

@jolslover

Now Carvalhals gone I think Joao will play regularly for Wednesday. Can probably cross him off.
STH H3

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 11, 2018, 11:56:44 PM
Quote from: Jims Dentist on January 11, 2018, 06:34:47 PM
Gary Madine.
But, others are interested.
Charlie Wyke of Bradford.
Both the sort we should be looking at who will give us something we don't currently have in the 1st team, or the under 23 squads.

I agree with you on both players.
Thanks Woolly
Seems like we agree on most things Fulham.