more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Songs for our Chairman/Owner

Started by davew, January 08, 2018, 09:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 12, 2018, 11:38:54 PM
22,minutes to go chaps, then I shall spend the early hours burning the midnight oil to adjudicate.  Almost 19,000 entries so far, so it's an enormous task to cut it down to six, but I have plenty of candles in the house. 
But not much rum left, good luck in deciding the top 6, I am sure we won't have to start another thread questioning your decision on the winners! I look forward to reading the result in the morning, just hope I can sleep after worrying about sharing my gin with a stranger.... when will I see you again would be my number 1!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

We are now closed for any other entries forthwith, as it will take half the night to check all 18,634 entries.
I have hired the Dagenham Girl Pipers and the Tiler Girls to help me as this could be a Big Job.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Black and White Blood

A bit late but how about ......

I Khan give you anything but love Baby !!!!!!

Woolly Mammoth

After a hard nights chore of checking all entries thoroughly with a fine tooth comb, and chewing over the fat.
Thank you all for your entries. There were so many excellent ideas, and very little to choose between them. I still could not seperate 15 entries to whittle the list down to a top 6.
A bit like Jok trying to perm 18 players into a starting lineup. 18 into 11 does not go.
So with davew permission, I have listed a top 15, with a winner at the end of it.
I also decided that I would omit my superb entries and not include them, to show that there is no conflict of interest, and the adjudication is transparent and impartial.
As a pillar of the community ( or is it pillow ), I have to show due diligence, integrity, principled, morally upright, honest, incomparable, trustworthy, righteous, honourable, upstanding, ethical, straight as a die, of high esteem, and playing with a straight bat.
So on that basis, I shall commence in ascending order from 15th to first spot, and congratulations to all.

15th.  Craven Attention.....       Haynes Paper Boy
14th.  Where are Ya ........        Sunbury White
13th.  Can the Khan ........       Mcawbers
12th.  Don't let me down.....     Jem
11th.  The only way is up.....     f32fc
10th.  I am the Walrus........      Cottage ex pat
  9th.  Everything but the truth..... Spikey Norman
   8th. Khant get no satisfaction.... Holders
   7th. Should I stay or should I go...  James FC
   6th. Where not Jacksonville, where not Carolina, we are Fulham, can someone tell the owner.....F(f)C uk
   5th. Invisible man.......Spikey Norman
   4th. Go now.....davew
   3rd. The Lunatics have taken over the Asylum....F321fc
   2nd. You don't know what your doing.... david 1
   1st.  When will I see you again.... davew

Congratulations to the Glorious Winner davew and When will I see you again.

First prize, is a weekend at davew Mansion in Falmouth Cornwall, whereupon davew will be met by Dave's Butlers Butler, who will present you to Dave's Butler, before he introduces you to yourself.
Although you may have to wait a couple of hours whilst they sober you up.
davew will then proceed to be given a tour of his own Estate, before spending the rest of the week end sampling his own Special Gin, nick named Fire Water, which is renowned to be the best this side of the Equator.

As for the Booby prize for coming last. This has been scrapped at the last minute through public demand.
As it was to spend a week on a deserted Island with Craig Kline. But it was felt that would be far to harsh, and a punishment too far.
So I hope that you are satisfied with the results, and if I did it again tonight, I could probably come up with a list in a different order, that's how close and competitive it was, thank you for attending. 👍⚽️

Never forget your Roots.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Woolly, I can't believe that you have awarded it to my bruvva & not me!

Congrats bro!

davew

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on January 13, 2018, 07:20:05 AM
Woolly, I can't believe that you have awarded it to my bruvva & not me!

Congrats bro!

Neither can I as I was the person who first suggested that song not your brother!! I will now have to make a formal complaint to Woolly about the lack of due diligence in formulating the top 15 list, there was nothing in the rules to say that entries by the organiser would not be considered. Allowing for that misjudgement, I would like to say thanks to everybody who took part in this "fun" thread and special thanks to Woolly for all his hard work and the announcement of the results and comment which I am still laughing at. Maybe we should do a similar competition after the transfer window closes though I suspect we might be choosing the same records again but hopefully not!

davew

Quote from: davew on January 08, 2018, 09:55:53 PM
Obviously he doesn't read or react to what we write on this forum, so as an alternative perhaps he likes music? Which record would you send him to express a point of view, I can think of many, but will start with.....

When will I see you again (3 degrees)

Money too tight to mention (Simply Red)

Your turn guys, just a bit of fun!
There are Woolly, the very first posting on the thread!!! Just can't get the staff, you are fired!!

davew

We can all now move on and recommence arguing about the usual topics especially as it is a Saturday and we are playing today, COYW!

Peabody

Late entry. Not a song but a tune and as there are two  of them, I give you.....

The Khan Khan

davew

Quote from: Peabody on January 13, 2018, 10:46:14 AM
Late entry. Not a song but a tune and as there are two  of them, I give you.....

The Khan Khan
Good one, but too late to be considered!!!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on January 13, 2018, 09:52:26 AM
Obviously he doesn't read or react to what we write on this forum, so as an alternative perhaps he likes music? Which record would you send him to express a point of view, I can think of many, but will start with.....

There are Woolly, the very first posting on the thread!!! Just can't get the staff, you are fired!!

Is there any holiday pay owed to me davew ?

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 13, 2018, 11:40:22 AM
Quote from: davew on January 13, 2018, 09:52:26 AM

Is there any holiday pay owed to me davew ?
There was but not now after the incompetence of getting the winners information wrong, still waiting for an apology or an explanation!

Woolly Mammoth

My Lawyer has been in touch, and has informed me to deny all charges.
Therefore may I refer you to the list I printed out of the top 15, whereupon you will kindly note that you are in poll position, and your allegations are unfounded and my impeccable reputation is restored.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

LOL, thanks for your time, effort and humour!! 1 of the few threads that I have been on where there has not been any abuse or arguments, bit of fun!! Have a good weekend.

Woolly Mammoth

Wait until you see my invoice for charges and expenses.

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 13, 2018, 12:00:36 PM
Therefore may I refer you to the list I printed out of the top 15, whereupon you will kindly note that you are in poll position, and your allegations are unfounded and my impeccable reputation is restored.
Obviously my mistake, except hang on, an edited posting 5 minutes ago?? Cheers!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on January 13, 2018, 12:03:16 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 13, 2018, 12:00:36 PM
Obviously my mistake, except hang on, an edited posting 5 minutes ago?? Cheers!

Who is Edi Ted ?

Never forget your Roots.