more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Without Mr Khan.........

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, January 11, 2018, 02:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Quote from: Fulham 442 on January 12, 2018, 08:00:25 AM

I wish people would lay off Yankee Jim, he strikes me as a proper Fulham fan and a reminder that we were once (briefly) a big enough club to get noticed in America.

Oh sorry I didn't realise we were supposed to feel grateful for his attention!!  I shouldn't have risen to the bait of his original, and pointless, post, as Toshe's Mate pointed out earlier, or of his "how long you have been here" question to which I got the answer I was expecting!!

Sorry. Didn't realize you were such a delicate soul. "Been here" refers to FOF not England. Had you been on FOF longer you would know that this topic pops up repeatedly with the same participants and same comments. Yes it is the right of all individuals to have and express opinions just as it is everyone else's right to point out such triviality. 
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Twig

Quote from: Fernhurst on January 12, 2018, 01:23:28 AM
Quote from: Twig on January 11, 2018, 04:43:36 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on January 11, 2018, 10:56:10 AM
Excellent original post Roger, we were lucky to have Maf when we did and when we  see the fruition of the careful infrastructure build some on here will need to reassess our Chairman.
Where we are on the pitch is not calamitous, every single poster has ideas on squad strengthening but we are quietly and at considerable expense getting things right around the club. Our Chairman is an absentee which we all would prefer he wasn't but his business acumen can't be denied.
Certainly, there are much worse examples of bad Chairmen, keep positive we will achieve promotion under his Chairmanship.

Fernhurst could you please explain to me what the considerable expense has been? 

Is that a serious question Twig or is your handle misspelt?

Do you really want a list starting at buying our club through Mitroglou to Hetherwick Design team and Populous Architects with all the varied and interesting stops in between (the purchase of the ground opposite Motspur would certainaly make my eyes water). 

''Tis a worry you shape the question in that manner, as surely it's hypothetical, otherwise you are really not paying attention to the outgoing ledger.

Loads of opinions on this thread but NONE are more valid than others.

Absolutely a serious point.  " Buying our club through Mitroglue" sorry don't understand.  Heatherwick and Populous are not investments they are costs.  No work has started on the Riverside and so zero added value. Motspur is pretty much the one and only area of investment, certainly the squad has not enjoyed Mr Khan's generosity.   
And by the way what was the comment about my handle being misspelt? Cheap shot.

toshes mate

Quote from: Twig on January 13, 2018, 02:09:04 AM
Absolutely a serious point.  Heatherwick and Populous are not investments they are costs.  No work has started on the Riverside and so zero added value. Motspur is pretty much the one and only area of investment, certainly the squad has not enjoyed Mr Khan's generosity.   

It's good to have people on here who actually understand what the Khans' have been up to since their purchase of the Club.  As you say investment has been limited to date and, since success has been limited too, I think we should, by now, be able to draw some conclusions to what our owners' agenda is.  My personal view is that he is playing the ends against the middle and hedging his bets over which end will persist.  If Khan Snr and Jnr were on the campus more often if not 24/7 then my feelings would change but they are not and that, in my view, is the crux of the matter.

I support your view and remain firmly unconvinced.  Khan knows what he has to do to get everybody behind him and so why doesn't he do it?

Baszab

For the umpteenth time ...

Investment in the ground to get  PP
Purchase of land in MP

These are long term for-profit investments in the company's infrastructure

Genuine net investment in the squad to obtain promotion (Eg Wolves) = not an option - instead it's a steady stream of loanees and one marquee signing around season ticket sales time

Surely these are the FACTS

FFC ownership tactics = Football Manager on the PS4