more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (10/01/18)...

Started by WhiteJC, January 10, 2018, 07:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Glasgow Rangers targeting Kevin McDonald again, but for much cheaper

Ibrox side Glasgow Rangers were first linked with a move for Fulham's Kevin McDonald last summer.

According to the Daily Star, Glasgow Rangers are keen to snap up Kevin McDonald for just £1.5 million, and that will represent a bargain for the Ibrox side.

McDonald is thought to have been made available by Fulham, and Rangers are keen to offer him the chance to move north of the border.

It is not the first time that Rangers have been interested in McDonald, but last time they went for the Scottish midfielder they were unable to get a deal over the line.

Mark Warburton wanted McDonald back in 2016, but Get West London reported how Fulham wanted £7 million for the midfielder at that time.

Rangers could not afford that fee, but now his value has plummeted, there may be a chance for the Glasgow side.

McDonald would seriously bolster Graeme Murty's options, and surely would upgrade the quality of Rangers' midfield.

And if Murty can succeed where Warburton failed at Ibrox, he may believe that he has struck a real bargain for Rangers.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/09/glasgow-rangers-targeting-kevin-mcdonald-again-but-for-much-chea/

terryr

why would we let McDonald go for only 1.5?

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: TerryR on January 10, 2018, 01:07:54 PM

Exactly! Could easily get that money in Summer if we really have to or want to sell. Why potentially torpedo a season for that sum?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: TerryR on January 10, 2018, 01:07:54 PM

Why should we let him go at all.
Doesn't make any sense at all
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

MJG

Until the club sell him for 1.5 m there is nothing to say they will

"Glasgow Rangers are keen to snap up Kevin McDonald for just £1.5 million" I bet they are

"McDonald is thought to have been made available by Fulham" So they dont know if he is available but know hes possibly avcailable for 1.5M!!

"Mark Warburton wanted McDonald back in 2016, but Get West London reported how Fulham wanted £7 million for the midfielder at that time" We signed him in 2016 and cant find a link to us selling him right after we signed him.

Junk report
Just the views of a long term fan

toshes mate

Thank you MJG for bringing my blood pressure, at least, back to normal.

Bill2

Quote from: MJG on January 10, 2018, 02:00:26 PM

"Glasgow Rangers are keen to snap up Kevin McDonald for just £1.5 million" I bet they are

"McDonald is thought to have been made available by Fulham" So they dont know if he is available but know hes possibly avcailable for 1.5M!!

"Mark Warburton wanted McDonald back in 2016, but Get West London reported how Fulham wanted £7 million for the midfielder at that time" We signed him in 2016 and cant find a link to us selling him right after we signed him.

Junk report
Have to agree with this, why would we let our No 2 captain leave and for such a paltry sum. Is he playing badly, NO, is he not getting game time NO he is regular. If we were looking to offload him as the reports suggest he would not even make the bench.

Why field a player so many other teams want and we don't, I can't think of anyone we have to replace him, especially as he has missed a few games and there was no one to fill his position, certainly not Norwood.

Ryan F may go due to the  short time left on his contract but if Kevin M does I will be more than a little upset, especially for 1.5 M.

hovewhite

David I

Junk report
I think the junk reports mainly come up of the FST meetings. How many times has the lip service dished out at the FST meeting then found out to be total BS.
A prime example being the clubs response to transfer policy questions and Joka having final say... This went on for months prior to Kline being sacked and the truth coming out that it wasn't Joka that had the final say.

So forgive me if I believe reports that the clubs incompetence wouldn't stretch to selling KMac for peanuts and letting Fredericks run his contract down.. Not having learnt from the Dembele saga.

MJG

Quote from: David I on January 10, 2018, 07:39:25 PM

Junk report
I think the junk reports mainly come up of the FST meetings. How many times has the lip service dished out at the FST meeting then found out to be total BS.
A prime example being the clubs response to transfer policy questions and Joka having final say... This went on for months prior to Kline being sacked and the truth coming out that it wasn't Joka that had the final say.

So forgive me if I believe reports that the clubs incompetence wouldn't stretch to selling KMac for peanuts and letting Fredericks run his contract down.. Not having learnt from the Dembele saga.
Thats your view which of course i will disagree with most of it.
Just the views of a long term fan

VicHalomsLovechild

David I, how do you stop a player and his advisors, running down his contract?