watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FST January Meeting Notes with FFC

Started by Friendsoffulham, January 11, 2018, 07:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcwickford

I think the comments made by AM are very clear here.

January is a particularly poo and stupid window as every club knows it should be totally scrapped!

In Italy they have 'one day' where all the chairman get together and thrash out all the deals in 24 hours, if it doesn't happen then, the next opportunity is 1st July.

It should be adopted Europe wide then all this crap would stop and coaches would not be left wondering if they are going to lose their star players on the 31st January with no time to replace them - just like we did with Dembele and Dempsey!

davew

"Whether it is a 500k or 5m deal", where are we looking to buy from... a car boot sale!!! Get real Fulham, if we are going to try and get quality we have to pay for it!! If those figures are representative of what the club are really thinking to spend, well I am even more disillusioned than I was before! Also please don't waste another 8 - 9m on a player that the slide rule says he is the 1 for us, we have been there and done that many times before, even before the days of the incompetent stat's boys! Not happy tonight!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

MJG

Quote from: davew on January 14, 2018, 10:09:21 PM
"Whether it is a 500k or 5m deal", where are we looking to buy from... a car boot sale!!! Get real Fulham, if we are going to try and get quality we have to pay for it!! If those figures are representative of what the club are really thinking to spend, well I am even more disillusioned than I was before! Also please don't waste another 8 - 9m on a player that the slide rule says he is the 1 for us, we have been there and done that many times before, even before the days of the incompetent stat's boys! Not happy tonight!!
if you read the figures in context it was about the club looking for value in deals 'be it 500k or 5m' its not a quote at all of what we are or are not willing to spend.
It's part of a conversation regarding the decision to go ahead with a deal.
Just the views of a long term fan

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: ffcwickford on January 14, 2018, 10:02:19 PM

In Italy they have 'one day' where all the chairman get together and thrash out all the deals in 24 hours, if it doesn't happen then, the next opportunity is 1st July.

http://www.soccernews.com/soccer-transfers/italian-serie-a-transfers/

I'm pretty sure that Italian thing is just to pander to the media on deadline day where news can be reported instantly from one place. But transfers still happen every other day of the window too so it's nothing new. It's just a tradition to do the deadline day together and create a buzz in a pre selected area/ town.
Seems a bit pointless where most of the league transfers in this country, most of our transfers surely, are done with foreign clubs, so pointless sitting in a room of English clubs !

ffcwickford

I stand corrected if that is the case!