watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marlet

Started by MikeW, January 12, 2018, 01:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

Disturbing stories emerging in the media that Marlet involved in sex/rape scandal in France.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Twig

Well I guess guilt is yet to be proven, indeed he hasn't even been charged but disturbing nevertheless.

sunburywhite

He couldnt score over here
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Burt

EX-Premier League star Steve Marlet has been placed in custody after being accused of gang rape.

The France international striker became Fulham's record signing when they paid Lyon £11.5million for him in 2001.

He had four seasons at Craven Cottage, scoring 11 goals in 54 top-flight appearances, but spent the final two years on loan to Marseille.

Marlet, currently technical director of Paris club Red Star, has now been arrested alongside two other men as Auxerre police investigate an alleged rape in 1997. He played for the local club at the time.

The 44-year-old spent Wednesday night in police cells, and appeared in court on Thursday.

Auxerre prosecutor Sophie Macquart-Moulin said: "Steve Marlet has been interviewed under caution about gang rape, and put under judicial supervision. He denies the charges.

"It is the same for a second man, while a third has been made a key witness. The victim was 17 years old when the events took place, and she reported them in 2012."

Local police chief Thomas Boudault said: "The people concerned were interviewed, held in custody and then released in 1997. The case was closed at the time."

Marlet told Auxerre newspaper L'Yonne Republicaine: "I dispute the allegations."

The 23-cap international's lawyer Herve Temine added: "These are ancient claims, which my client disputes.

"Mr Marlet will save his explanations for the judge, and he is presumed innocent."

Marlet began and ended his playing career with Red Star. He has also had spells with German club Wolfsburg and French sides Lorient and Aubervilliers.

toshes mate

Allegations of racism and bullying at Chelsea just emerging too involving youth players.

JoelH5

I was there, standing in the Putney end

Mince n Tatties

JoelH5

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 12, 2018, 05:03:18 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on January 12, 2018, 04:42:51 PM
Quote from: BedsFFC on January 12, 2018, 02:48:48 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on January 12, 2018, 02:30:37 PM
Eh?

Is he/she trying to make a joke of rape allegations?

And Allegations are all they are.

And what? Still doesn't warrant making a joke about it.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

MikeW

Please, no jokey or 'funny' comments. I posted this from a news source.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Statto on January 12, 2018, 05:49:24 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on January 12, 2018, 02:30:37 PM

no but Lyon certainly screwed us when we bought him

:drums:
Ds
That's a particularly stupid post for which you should apologise. Shame on you.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

VicHalomsLovechild

Are we not letting political correctness getting ahead of us here? The case is over 20 years old and could it not be, in light of recent events in Hollywood. Someone is dragging this back into the spotlight for the right or wrong reasons.
Marlet wasn't a success here and a couple of the posts have alluded to that. Yes it's a cheap (although expensive for Fulham) joke but aimed at Marlet and not the victim (if this is proved).
Political correctness may actually prove to be a barrier to justice. Humour has/is often used to highlight injustice.
This is a Fulham football forum and from time to time people may say something not to your taste. You can choose to ignore it or question it. If the latter, then let's argue the toss. Not just simply condemn.
My only criticism would be that sometimes threads are locked and I have a strong feeling this one might be. Because it's not football related. I do think though that it's Fulham related. We're a big group with one thing in common, like a family. If it causes upset let's talk it through, not hide it away.

Twig

Twig

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on January 12, 2018, 11:38:24 PM
Are we not letting political correctness getting ahead of us here? The case is over 20 years old and could it not be, in light of recent events in Hollywood. Someone is dragging this back into the spotlight for the right or wrong reasons.
Marlet wasn't a success here and a couple of the posts have alluded to that. Yes it's a cheap (although expensive for Fulham) joke but aimed at Marlet and not the victim (if this is proved).
Political correctness may actually prove to be a barrier to justice. Humour has/is often used to highlight injustice.h
This is a Fulham football forum and from time to time people may say something not to your taste. You can choose to ignore it or question it. If the latter, then let's argue the toss. Not just simply condemn.
My only criticism would be that sometimes threads are locked and I have a strong feeling this one might be. Because it's not football related. I do think though that it's Fulham related. We're a big group with one thing in common, like a family. If it causes upset let's talk it through, not hide it away.

Sorry but why should "political correctness" stand in the way of justice for a raped minor?  If it was a child in my family I would want someone to stand up for that child's rights.  Why on earth do you talk about political correctness?

toshes mate

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on January 12, 2018, 11:38:24 PM
Yes it's a cheap (although expensive for Fulham) joke but aimed at Marlet and not the victim (if this is proved).
It is aimed at the alleged victim because 'he did score' is the implied punchline.  I don't expect you to understand that and that is why you need it pointed out to you.

Mince n Tatties

Some of you need to calm down,these are allegations,nobody has been charged yet I believe or found guilty,too much of this burning folk at the stake nowadays without a person being found guilty.
There a bloke used to live on my street he moved away couple of years ago.
He was charged with during a family fued with cousins over 20 years ago innapropriate offences against one of them,he was brought to justice for this on the evidence of the cousins friend,the so called incident happened in a lift.
He was given a custodial sentence,but released within  a month when the witness said her story was fabricated by her due to pressure from the cousins family.
He was innocent but his life ruined as people always have doubts about someone after that,that is why he was forced to move away from our town.
And there are plenty of cases like these springing up.
Wait until someone is found guilty before you condemn them...

Southcoastffc

I'm far from politically correct and I have no view on Marlet's culpability or otherwise but some of the intended humorous comments in this thread are misplaced and in very poor taste.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 13, 2018, 08:56:40 AM
I'm far from politically correct and I have no view on Marlet's culpability or otherwise but some of the intended humorous comments in this thread are misplaced and in very poor taste.

You're right they are in poor taste. This however is a football forum, so maybe not the best place to post an article of that nature. Conversations on here are more akin to the conversations you'd have in a pub.
My point was, that when a subject appears that's likely to cause offence that a conversation flows as to why some people may find it disrespectful or not without implying someone is an idiot at the first opportunity. So people understand. Most of us only know each other through these posts. We don't know if the poster at the time has had a few drinks, their age. A whole host of things that would make any judgement possible.

Lighthouse

Well done, the original post is being overshadowed by posters being offended by other peoples comments. If it upsets you that a casual remark is offensive, ignore it. Stop trying to be a victim. We sadly seem to have enough of those.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

davew

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 13, 2018, 08:56:40 AM
+ 1
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)