watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jordan Graham

Started by aaronmcguigan, January 12, 2018, 09:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

Another petty outburst at being put in the u23 team, where he seemingly has been outshone by George. He's got a bit of fancy footwork but surely that attitude where he thinks the world is against him comes through on the training ground? Surely the attitude where he scoffs at the opportunity to maintain fitness in an u23 team won't wash with Slav.
I'm no expert but I don't see why he's still here. It's not in our interests to keep an unhappy player when we don't have to, surely it's a waste having a loan player with no permanent prospects in the u23 team, literally stopping someone else's development .

And then Wolves, how do they think it's in their best interests to keep him here not playing. If he's out on loan just to get game time it would have been better to send him somewhere that didn't have 3000 wingers in our squad . I'm sure he's got some kind of ability, a lower championship or league 1 side would love him. That , or something like the old firm where anyone can get minutes .

RaySmith

He looked good the other night in the U23s.

aaronmcguigan

But at what point do you drop someone from the senior team just because he looked good against assumedly inferior players? Wouldn't that be like saying we have to play Stevey Humphrys because he looked good playing for Shrewsbury? Or why did we let Dan Burn go? He just won league one player of the month..

I'd say maybe he should have had a better opportunity  but it looks as if Slav is happy with his current options. would we stick Ayite or Kebano for example in the reserves just because this lad can do it against youth teams? Surely there's something not clicking on the training pitch and I wouldn't like to think it's borne out of stubbornness on Slavs part

RaySmith

I wasn't saying that the manager should drop someone to play him - just that he looked good, but admittedly in an U23 game.

RP24

Where was his out burst? I couldn't see anything on his twitter other than saying under 23 game at the cottage and a smiley face

Stoneleigh Loyalist

George Williams is scoring for fun in the U23s, but I am convinced that he would not do it for the first team.

bill taylors apprentice

YoungsBitter

Whats the issue? He played for the P2 to keep his match fitness up and played well from the match report - got one assist and helped on the second, nearly scored as well.
It must be tough for him though, he came here to play and other than a poor subs appearance at Burton he has had all of 5 minutes from the bench. He has Ojo, Ayite, Sess, Kebano ahead of him so all he can do is turn up, train and play as asked which he has.
There seems to be more rumour than fact about his supposed attitude unless someone knows better.
Quark, strangeness and charm

VicHalomsLovechild

I worked for a short time at the BBC a few years ago and met and chatted to a Wimbledon champion, a World Cup winner and a few sports people that hadn't reached those heights but what was common in all of them was self belief. Without that they would not have made it. It's not always a particularly nice tract either but it's a nessacary one. When all around you are doubting you, you need that belief. I don't have a problem with an out burst. If it works great, I just hope if you do have a talent or a skill you don't let your self belief screw it up for you.

davew

I feel a bit sorry for him, but after watching is first game the writing was on the wall, graffiti!! He may well be a very good player, perhaps we will never know, but he doesn't offer anything we don't already have in our squad, what we need is something more, better and different!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Southcoastffc

The confused morass that is Twitter.  Seems like a fuss over nothing to me, not what I'd call an outburst.

Jordan Graham ‏Verified account
@JordanGr_11
23's game again at the cottage tonight 😁

@Aaron_FFC
Sorry for how bad this club is treating you. Should be in the picture each week for the senior team, hope it works out for you when you go back to Wolves 👍🏼

@aaronmcguigan
Don't see how he's being treated badly.. there are clearly better players than him at the club, and I'm sure that petty attitude will not wash with Slav. Thousands of people reading his tweets would love to be in his shoes

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

davew

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 12, 2018, 10:53:56 PM
The confused morass that is Twitter.  Seems like a fuss over nothing to me, not what I'd call an outburst.

Jordan Graham ‏Verified account
@JordanGr_11
23's game again at the cottage tonight 😁

@Aaron_FFC
Sorry for how bad this club is treating you. Should be in the picture each week for the senior team, hope it works out for you when you go back to Wolves 👍🏼

@aaronmcguigan
Don't see how he's being treated badly.. there are clearly better players than him at the club, and I'm sure that petty attitude will not wash with Slav. Thousands of people reading his tweets would love to be in his shoes

I would, how do you open a tweet account?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on January 12, 2018, 10:06:50 PM
George Williams is scoring for fun in the U23s, but I am convinced that he would not do it for the first team.

Not sure about that, he was doing really well in the Welsh team until he had an injury
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Twig

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on January 12, 2018, 11:26:49 PM
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on January 12, 2018, 10:06:50 PM

Not sure about that, he was doing really well in the Welsh team until he had an injury

I'd be interested to see how he coped with first team football. Let's face it he doesn't have much competition. Give him a chance.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

When George Williams was in the Welsh team he was a young winger who did make a few first team appearances.
Although very fast he was also very lightweight and was easily knocked off the ball, or over.
Since then he has had injuries and in the absence of other injured or loaned strikers he is playing in a striker role for the U23s.
Yes he is scoring, but the so was Stephen Humphrys when he was no where near ready for first team duties.
I think that George is playing out his time until his contract runs out in the Summer. Why has no other team come in for him?

MJG

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on January 13, 2018, 09:18:35 AM
When George Williams was in the Welsh team he was a young winger who did make a few first team appearances.
Although very fast he was also very lightweight and was easily knocked off the ball, or over.
Since then he has had injuries and in the absence of other injured or loaned strikers he is playing in a striker role for the U23s.
Yes he is scoring, but the so was Stephen Humphrys when he was no where near ready for first team duties.
I think that George is playing out his time until his contract runs out in the Summer. Why has no other team come in for him?
George only started playing games in last week. I'd expect him to go out by end of month if deemed fit enough.
Just the views of a long term fan