Author Topic: Cisse ‘disgusted’ by lack of Fulham action  (Read 3238 times)

Offline Friendsoffulham

• Administrator
  • Jimmy Hill
Cisse ‘disgusted’ by lack of Fulham action
« on: January 12, 2018, 11:27:49 PM »
Cisse ‘disgusted’ by lack of Fulham action
by DAN on JANUARY 12, 2018

Ibrahima Cisse has told the Belgian press that he is ‘disgusted’ by his lack of first team opportunities since his summer move to Fulham – and says he has received no explanation for his absence from head coach Slavisa Jokanovic.

In a strongly-worded interview with French language newspaper La Dernière Heure, the defensive midfielder expresses surprise at not featuring for Fulham’s first team since his three Cup appearances last year and claims that his team-mates are baffled by his continued exclusion. The holding midfielder hasn’t featured for the Fulham senior side since coming on as a late substitute in the 2-1 defeat at Villa Park in October – and his only competitive run out since then has been seventy minutes in the Checkatrade Trophy at Crawley a month later.

I had even been picked in three Cup games and then, suddenly, I disappeared from the selection. I am a professional, so if I had done something wrong, I would know but this is not the case. Even my teammates have trouble understanding my situation. I’m still disgusted not to play anymore.

The 23 year-old says Jokanovic has not been forthcoming with the reasons for his lack of game time and believes that he has acquitted himself well both in training and friendly matches that were arranged during the international break. Cisse feels that he has been in the best shape of his career since moving to England. A frustrated Cisse told the paper of his disappointment that Jokanovic has promoted some of the club’s academy graduates ahead of him:

The coach knows me well because he was already at the club when there were touches with Fulham last winter. But he has his three midfielders and he does not want to change it too much. In recent times, he has even put young people before me. In my last match, a friendly against Southampton held in November, I gave it my all and scored a goal. But that did not change my situation. At the beginning of the season, I was really in great shape, I had never reached such a level since the beginning of my career. Unfortunately, I lost this pace because of this lack of playing time.

Cisse says the only transfer that would interest him during the January window would be a loan move back to former club Mechelen, but Fulham and the player have rebuffed the only interest that has surfaced so far – which came from United Arab Emirates’ outfit Al-Jazira.  The former Belgian youth international seemed to mock the possibility of joining a lower-league English side on loan this month:

I could very well stay because aside from my playing time, I love Fulham. I’m in no hurry and we’ll see if anything good comes to me. For the moment, I do not think about returning to the Belgian league. The only club that could convince me is perhaps Mechelen. But a loan in a club of the third division English does not excite me.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2018/01/cisse-disgusted-by-lack-of-fulham-action/

Offline davew

• Gentleman Jim
Re: Cisse ‘disgusted’ by lack of Fulham action
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 11:30:48 PM »
Welcome to Fulham, some of us have supported the club for over 60 years and we are no wiser than you!! Good luck with your new club!!

Offline ..FOF..

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 06:14:44 AM »
I believe there is a small group of players brought in by Kline that were unhappy with Joka.

Looks like Joka will have his hand full for the next 6 months trying to weed them out.

Offline Snibbo

• Jimmy Hill
    • mistakenforarealpoet
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 06:39:17 AM »
Funny how all the "didn't work out" transfers are put down to a "stats buy".

Offline flyingfish

• tjl
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 08:39:34 AM »

And the players who did work out somehow arent. Even though we know they are all stats approved.

Offline filham

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 10:48:30 AM »

That is the problem with splitting responsibility, when there is a failure each person involved takes about 2% responsibility.

Offline flyingfish

• tjl
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 11:11:44 AM »

That is the problem with splitting responsibility, when there is a failure each person involved takes about 2% responsibility.

And every one shares in the successes

Offline @jolslover

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 11:28:45 AM »
Feel for him, When he played I never thought 'this guy looks bad'. Was decent at Leeds away and in the cup games I saw him.

Offline Woolly Mammoth

• Moritz Volz
  • Not one step back.
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 11:42:48 AM »
What I saw of Cisse, I thought he was decent, and he never really got an opportunity, which is I feel a cause for concern.

Online fulhamben

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 12:01:54 PM »

And the players who did work out somehow arent. Even though we know they are all stats approved.
it's only this season that joka had no say isn't it. And imo not one of the players bought in the summer window improved our first 11 from last year.

Offline Baszab

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 12:05:54 PM »
No that is not correct
KS had no say 3 years ago

Online fulhamben

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 12:24:30 PM »
No that is not correct
KS had no say 3 years ago
was that in response to my post, because I remember us being dreadful under kit, and I as saying this season was the first season that slav had no input into transfers, which could explain why it was a poor summer window

Offline Snibbo

• Jimmy Hill
    • mistakenforarealpoet
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 12:28:09 PM »

it's only this season that joka had no say isn't it. And imo not one of the players bought in the summer window improved our first 11 from last year.

Is that right? I thought it was still a "2 yesses" system where both Slav and stats had to agree?  Or have I missed something?

Offline paulbrookersmazydribbles

• Lakey/Dark Room
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 12:38:23 PM »
Can't really disagree with Slav here. McDonald, Johansen and Cairney are all ahead of him - as is Norwood on the evidence of the first half of the season. You'd probably put Tayo Edun in front of him too given that he has been impressive in midfield when he's played there this year.

Cisse had a couple of decent games (at Wycombe and at Leeds) but I felt he was poor against Cardiff. The manager might well have his favourites - but it is up to Cisse to put in the graft and work his way back.

Offline ..FOF..

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 12:42:22 PM »
Relax, just an observation from articles during Kline's departure.

Only a small group sidelined by Joka are unhappy.... I don't think the articles said all of them :)

Offline cmg

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2018, 12:44:44 PM »
Cisse fails to make the 1st team matchday squad simply because he has not played well enough to get in it. He's been given chances and, while not being spectacularly poor has failed to impress.
Which of our current preferred squad would he replace?
The 'junior players', Edun and De La Torre, are ahead of him in the pecking order because they are better players.
The fact that he is upset about the situation is encouraging. The solution is in his own hands (or feet).

Offline sunburywhite

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2018, 12:47:13 PM »
Can't really disagree with Slav here. McDonald, Johansen and Cairney are all ahead of him - as is Norwood on the evidence of the first half of the season. You'd probably put Tayo Edun in front of him too given that he has been impressive in midfield when he's played there this year.

Cisse had a couple of decent games (at Wycombe and at Leeds) but I felt he was poor against Cardiff. The manager might well have his favourites - but it is up to Cisse to put in the graft and work his way back.

I make you spot on

I watched the reserves against Villa (only reserves I know) and Edun was so impressive

Online fulhamben

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2018, 12:58:47 PM »

Is that right? I thought it was still a "2 yesses" system where both Slav and stats had to agree?  Or have I missed something?
slav made a big thing about having no say in transfers earlier on in the season. And I doubt kline got booted out if it were a joint effort on player recruitment

Offline ..FOF..

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2018, 01:14:26 PM »

I make you spot on

I watched the reserves against Villa (only reserves I know) and Edun was so impressive

Our Academy is going very well for us.

It is a good thing to ship out unhappy professionals to keep motivation up with the youngsters.

Offline Penfold

• Youth Academy
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2018, 03:20:51 PM »

I think that is the official line. I am sure that some of the less expensive deals have been purely driven by stats as an inexpensive gamble. Just my feeling about it. Tony Khan did admit, for example, the Mattila was purely stats driven. Worryingly, he also thought it was a success!