Author Topic: Cisse ‘disgusted’ by lack of Fulham action  (Read 4149 times)

Offline Woolly Mammoth

• Cliffy Dean
  • Not one step back.
Re: Cisse ‘disgusted’ by lack of Fulham action
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2018, 03:25:23 PM »
Funny how all the "didn't work out" transfers are put down to a "stats buy".

And the players who did work out somehow arent. Even though we know they are all stats approved.
it's only this season that joka had no say isn't it. And imo not one of the players bought in the summer window improved our first 11 from last year.

Is that right? I thought it was still a "2 yesses" system where both Slav and stats had to agree?  Or have I missed something?

I think that is the official line. I am sure that some of the less expensive deals have been purely driven by stats as an inexpensive gamble. Just my feeling about it. Tony Khan did admit, for example, the Mattila was purely stats driven. Worryingly, he also thought it was a success!

It’s time this stats nonsense was flushed down the toilet. As for Tony Khan, what is he doing in such an important position, anyone would think he was the owners son.

Offline ron

• cebu
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2018, 03:49:52 PM »
How different the old days seemed....one player for each position and pat o’connell And later Fred callaghan to fill in for injuries!...at least that’s the way it seemed...

Offline Bill2

• Legend
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2018, 05:39:13 PM »
When I saw him I was not impressed,  so not surprised he is not getting any game time.

Offline Newry FFC

• Global Moderator
  • The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2018, 07:05:36 PM »
When I saw him I was not impressed,  so not surprised he is not getting any game time.
Pretty sure Slav thinks the same, he picked a half fit Cairney on the bench ahead of a fully fit Cisse today

Offline VancouverWhite

• Lakey/Dark Room
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2018, 07:39:46 PM »

Our Academy is going very well for us.

It is a good thing to ship out unhappy professionals to keep motivation up with the youngsters.

Exactly, this is a big reason that we won’t have our youngsters poached by the big clubs. Case in point Sess two years ago. 

I’m all for rewarding young guys with playing time and letting them know that there is a path forward in their careers by staying at Fulham.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 07:41:33 PM by VancouverWhite »

Offline Woolly Mammoth

• Cliffy Dean
  • Not one step back.
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2018, 11:26:40 PM »
Funny how all the "didn't work out" transfers are put down to a "stats buy".

And the players who did work out somehow arent. Even though we know they are all stats approved.
it's only this season that joka had no say isn't it. And imo not one of the players bought in the summer window improved our first 11 from last year.

Is that right? I thought it was still a "2 yesses" system where both Slav and stats had to agree?  Or have I missed something?

I think that is the official line. I am sure that some of the less expensive deals have been purely driven by stats as an inexpensive gamble. Just my feeling about it. Tony Khan did admit, for example, the Mattila was purely stats driven. Worryingly, he also thought it was a success!

That is worrying, in fact it’s time he was replaced by somebody far more qualified to do the job he is doing because he is his fathers son, and that is the problem Jok has got, and what’s more he knows it.